Back to target

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gosh, at least.
I can actually feel this. When I'm moving into the middle and I pull the handbrake so as not to go too far, it's like stopping an oil tanker.
Problem is, to pull the handbrake in time means never actually moving far enough from away the original rubbishy stuff. Grrrr. Must be another game out there!
"Greetings Dr. Falken. Wouldn't you rather play a nice game of chess?"

Nah, chess is no fun.

"Let's play Global Thermonuclear War."

I don't remember where Kevin wrote it but I remember something about getting your hands low enough before they got too forward. I played today in 28 degree weather and this though alone allowed me to hit some of the nicest iron shots I have ever hit. It also helped me get a better feeling for "going normal" since I guess I finally had somewhere to go.

Sound familiar to anyone?

exactly my issue also
The hardest part for me has been to get to the point where I can then go normal.
But, I think this is the biggest hurdle of the new ideas.
The normal part will because to me because I know to jump.
Just do it like Brian shows in his new FREE VIDEO Face Rotation and Release.

What drops the arms down if one uses the swing thought of keeping the back to the target for as long as you can?
Also how does one shift the weight over to the left side?

This shifting of the weight and dropping of the arms happen at the same time right?

Jared Willerson

Super Moderator
Your arms drop your arms.

Jerry, using your pivot to drop your arms is TUGGING and that is a death move when trying to go normal and release the club properly.

Brian says in the release vid to not consciously worry about shifting weight. Brian gave a tip in a thread where you drop your arms as far as you can keeping your back to the target, the club should be 20 or so inches from the ball at this point, slide your hips forward as much as you can, still keeping the back to the target, the club should be 10 inches or so from the target. Then pivot.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
But you can shift weight while you feel "back to target."

There will also be some unwind that will carry the drop slightly outward.

art

New
exactly my issue also
The hardest part for me has been to get to the point where I can then go normal.
But, I think this is the biggest hurdle of the new ideas.
The normal part will because to me because I know to jump.
Just do it like Brian shows in his new FREE VIDEO Face Rotation and Release.

Matt,
Sorry for calling you Mike in my response to your ‘Hip Power’ post. I intended to answer your question AND also say ‘thanks’ to Mike Finney for the kind words he said about my first blog response.
With regard to this “Back to the Target” subject, I want to caution you and others to not try to time ANY specific moves during the downswing. When testing astronauts for response times and reactions that were critical for safety and survival, it was common for the reaction times to approximate the golf downswing time from 0.200 to0.300 seconds. That said, the ‘going normal’ force you want to produce, must occur in the last 0.100 seconds before impact.
The problem is difficult/impossible to accomplish voluntarily, but incredibly EASY to accomplish by simply sending your left shoulder UP the intended shoulder swing plane UNTIL IMPACT. Our ‘Creator’ or ‘Evolver’ as some prefer , has attached the shoulder complex at the sternoclavicular joint, and allowed its trajectory to be powered by the scapula in a way that the desired ‘going normal’ will be accomplished involuntarily, and without any timing responsibility by you, the golfer.
‘Try it, you’ll like it’ and if it works for you, and you are interested in WHY, let me know and we could further discuss the sciences involved..

Your arms drop your arms.

Jerry, using your pivot to drop your arms is TUGGING and that is a death move when trying to go normal and release the club properly.

Brian says in the release vid to not consciously worry about shifting weight. Brian gave a tip in a thread where you drop your arms as far as you can keeping your back to the target, the club should be 20 or so inches from the ball at this point, slide your hips forward as much as you can, still keeping the back to the target, the club should be 10 inches or so from the target. Then pivot.
Thank you,---- What is the very first move in the downswing?

Last edited:
Matt,
Sorry for calling you Mike in my response to your ‘Hip Power’ post. I intended to answer your question AND also say ‘thanks’ to Mike Finney for the kind words he said about my first blog response.
With regard to this “Back to the Target” subject, I want to caution you and others to not try to time ANY specific moves during the downswing. When testing astronauts for response times and reactions that were critical for safety and survival, it was common for the reaction times to approximate the golf downswing time from 0.200 to0.300 seconds. That said, the ‘going normal’ force you want to produce, must occur in the last 0.100 seconds before impact.
The problem is difficult/impossible to accomplish voluntarily, but incredibly EASY to accomplish by simply sending your left shoulder UP the intended shoulder swing plane UNTIL IMPACT. Our ‘Creator’ or ‘Evolver’ as some prefer , has attached the shoulder complex at the sternoclavicular joint, and allowed its trajectory to be powered by the scapula in a way that the desired ‘going normal’ will be accomplished involuntarily, and without any timing responsibility by you, the golfer.
‘Try it, you’ll like it’ and if it works for you, and you are interested in WHY, let me know and we could further discuss the sciences involved..

Thanks Art. I think you are going to become a valuable resource here. I am going to try it and if it works what a relief to not have to worry about timing. I am interested in the science as well. Do you have a web site or papers describing you work?

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Jerry,

Most folks think of backswing and downswing.

I think of backswing—everything going back; transition—somethings going back, some going forward; and downswing—everything going forward.

Which part is giving you trouble?

S

SteveT

With regard to this “Back to the Target” subject, I want to caution you and others to not try to time ANY specific moves during the downswing.

When testing astronauts for response times and reactions that were critical for safety and survival, it was common for the reaction times to approximate the golf downswing time from 0.200 to 0.300 seconds. That said, the ‘going normal’ force you want to produce, must occur in the last 0.100 seconds before impact.

The problem is difficult/impossible to accomplish voluntarily, but incredibly EASY to accomplish by simply sending your left shoulder UP the intended shoulder swing plane UNTIL IMPACT.

Our ‘Creator’ or ‘Evolver’ as some prefer , has attached the shoulder complex at the sternoclavicular joint, and allowed its trajectory to be powered by the scapula in a way that the desired ‘going normal’ will be accomplished involuntarily, and without any timing responsibility by you, the golfer.

Absolutely, art, absolutely tell them .... and please tell them about "feel" and how it happens too... since unconscious processing prior to perception usually takes approximately 300 milliseconds. :eek:

Absolutely, art, absolutely tell them .... and please tell them about "feel" and how it happens too... since unconscious processing prior to perception usually takes approximately 300 milliseconds. :eek:

Lol so what do you suggest STEVE? That we think our way through the golf swing? Please please tell us another way to swing besides feel!

ZAP

New
Lol so what do you suggest STEVE? That we think our way through the golf swing? Please please tell us another way to swing besides feel!

Steve has it all figured out. It is just the actual swinging the club that gets past him. Maybe we are allowed to interpret our "feels" after the swing and help adjust our intentions for the next one based on results or numbers? I know Brian told me my numbers after every shot and I could adjust for the next shots.

S

SteveT

@ pokerlife & Eyeoffish ...... 'Feel' is unscientific in the world of Newtonian physics. Physiologically, 'feel' is a delayed feedback' but you need a feedforward guess to execute a proper golfswing.

So how do you do it? Do you take your best guess and and wait for the feedback feel and hope the results are okay?

You can't project 'feel' forward... it's only a delayed feedback. So what is it you think you are doing to achieve that good 'feel' for good results? How can you grab hold of that good 'feel'; or do you just conclude that good feel will reappear because you felt it once?

How do you build a new golfswing action after a good lesson with Brian or whoever?

Jerry,

Most folks think of backswing and downswing.

I think of backswing—everything going back; transition—somethings going back, some going forward; and downswing—everything going forward.

Which part is giving you trouble?

When the golfer keeps his back to the target and let my arms fall, or move toward the ball
when do the shoulders start the target turn?. Is it possible to time this or should there be some kind of key to get the shoulders to turn at the right time?

leon

New
@ pokerlife & Eyeoffish ...... 'Feel' is unscientific in the world of Newtonian physics. Physiologically, 'feel' is a delayed feedback' but you need a feedforward guess to execute a proper golfswing.

So how do you do it? Do you take your best guess and and wait for the feedback feel and hope the results are okay?

You can't project 'feel' forward... it's only a delayed feedback. So what is it you think you are doing to achieve that good 'feel' for good results? How can you grab hold of that good 'feel'; or do you just conclude that good feel will reappear because you felt it once?

How do you build a new golfswing action after a good lesson with Brian or whoever?

How about if we replace 'feel' with 'intent', which by definition must precede the action. Would you accept that? It is possible to have the intent to swing in a way that produces a particular feel and actually execute it, right? If not, then you might want to ask Brian to refund everyone that purchased ideas. In fact, have you even seen ideas? If so then what is your take on the out-toss, given that you don't believe in feel?

How about if we replace 'feel' with 'intent', which by definition must precede the action. Would you accept that? It is possible to have the intent to swing in a way that produces a particular feel and actually execute it, right? If not, then you might want to ask Brian to refund everyone that purchased ideas. In fact, have you even seen ideas? If so then what is your take on the out-toss, given that you don't believe in feel?
Yes, yes. Intent would perhaps be a better way of describing it. But you still need feel to assess whether the intent has come to fruition

Status
Not open for further replies.