Backing the shaft up (now with page 2 Manzella Video)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd rather get low hands at impact than a perfect transition wit a bad hand path thru the ball

I tried this with what felt like an exagerrated low hands at address positon and I was nuking it. I just tried to return the hands back to my address position and boom. No more toe misses and high and straight to slight push-draw.

hp12c

New
If there was a universal fix it would fall into two categories or patterns. The "Rickie Fowler" lay it off fast, stay bent over, jam the handle into your testicles tumble pattern. And the "Kenny Perry" cross the line, touch your forearms, stay back, stay closed , stay on your right heel, stay on top of the sweetspot pattern.
Ok Kevin at first I though jam the handle into my testicles hahaha! but then I though with a more vertical left arm, jam the handle u know where and it felt so easy to TTCOTM, so yes u did it again!!!! muchas gracias!!!!:cool:

Why are high hands a problem?

IMO, because ur standing it up, the club is stuck behind the hands, axis tilt has to be increased (backed up) and you can't take it left without a wipe. Opposite of the Fowler move he's talking about.

hp12c

New
Ok Kevin at first I though jam the handle into my testicles hahaha! but then I though with a more vertical left arm, jam the handle u know where and it felt so easy to TTCOTM, so yes u did it again!!!! muchas gracias!!!!:cool:

ok gotta confess I dont even get close to my junk, more like just a little below my belly button, but the ball takes off.:cool:

Anybody been working on this lately? What's worked or not worked for you and what are you working on now. I really enjoyed this thread but haven't had a chance to really put in some good work on it. The one thing I did get a chance to try was focusing on returning the hands to as low a position as possible. It seemed to help but I need some range time to really tell.

I work on it every time out. I started hitting the ball too high for my liking, so I have been trying to get some more shaft lean by trying hit my left hip bone with the butt of the club instead of the testes. I'm finding the right hand plays a big roll in controlling the face at start down too. It all starts with the first move of the hands into the downswing to establish the vertical handpath.

I work on it every time out. I started hitting the ball too high for my liking, so I have been trying to get some more shaft lean by trying hit my left hip bone with the butt of the club instead of the testes. I'm finding the right hand plays a big roll in controlling the face at start down too. It all starts with the first move of the hands into the downswing to establish the vertical handpath.

That's exactly what I've been "practicing" around the house. I never realized that this is where my swing had gone wrong. I'm the only guy I know that can shoot 65 one day and over 80 the next. I'm so glad to finally find this thread and can't wait to put the work in. I too would love to see a video in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.