Ben Hogan and his Three Right Hands

Status
Not open for further replies.
NO, emphatically no. It is because palmar flexion of the HAND destroys lag, so if you drive with THAT, you waste, throw away, the mechanical advantage. It is PP#1 that drives, and it drives THE FULCRUM. And probably adds to dowmc0ck.

golfbulldog said:
Do you think Hogan achieved thistight right elbow pitch position by ACTIVELY pulling elbow in ... or by letting the arms do what they naturally do IF he pulled with a massive pivot??

Love the action... Thanks
I would trust hogan unlike most teachers do and listen to his comments. make a practice swing where you shift your weight left from the top but concentrate on not letting your right elbow uncock you will notice that with that move you can get in hogans pitch positon very easy than enjoy the extra distance and control for the rest of your life and get out there and start improving instead of spending all you time on golf forums. JK

another picture...

golfbulldog said:
Do you think Hogan achieved thistight right elbow pitch position by ACTIVELY pulling elbow in ... or by letting the arms do what they naturally do IF he pulled with a massive pivot??

Love the action... Thanks

here's another clip that is floating around the net. This clip demonstrates the connectedness of the movement, maybe in practice, Hogan gives active thought to elbow position(s)...

in actual play, I doubt that any conscious thought was given to swing thoughts. It became so natural thru practice, that he "just did it" magnificently...Hogan did say his pivot (hips) pulled his hands to hip level without any manipulation of the hands, and as you say, letting the arms do what they do naturally...

hogan_demo_clip.gif

Is there another dead golfer that we can worship???? I'm tired of hearing about hogan, pitch elbow, 3 right hands, and mystical golf secrets.

Yeah lets study allen doyles swing lol, why is everyone obsessed with perfect technique. Lets make our owns swings like allen doyle did and see who can shoot the lowest score lol. Joke.

You have a point tho actually Ricky. (honestly)

self-mastery....Hogan was the man tho ....of course we're gonna talk about him.....you can start new topics you know man....

Ricky1990 said:
Yeah lets study allen doyles swing lol, why is everyone obsessed with perfect technique. Lets make our owns swings like allen doyle did and see who can shoot the lowest score lol. Joke.

Please, get real! You're the same guy that trolled Chuck's forum with your new ideas on the golf swing every week... I'm sure that your visit to this board is temporary and next you'll find your way to Peter's single-axis forum and the new big thing will be IMA or BGG.

My point is that there are other golfers that have very effective swings, and the same topics about the same things year after year is silly. You don't have to model Hogan or Lee Buck to be a great ballstriker or more importantly to be a great player.

self-mastery said:
Please, get real! You're the same guy that trolled Chuck's forum with your new ideas on the golf swing every week... I'm sure that your visit to this board is temporary and next you'll find your way to Peter's single-axis forum and the new big thing will be IMA or BGG.

My point is that there are other golfers that have very effective swings, and the same topics about the same things year after year is silly. You don't have to model Hogan or Lee Buck to be a great ballstriker or more importantly to be a great player.

I get your point, for sure. My thinking is that new people come hear to find out what's going on in relationship to what they know. And just about everyone knows about Ben Hogan. I've enjoyed this stuff but it can go a little too far.... sometimes. Kind of the nature of forums, imo.

That being said, do you think Steve Elkington's pitch angle is a good model?
Also, what does IMA and BGG stand for and where is this single-axis forum?

BTW, your name says it all, eh?!!!?

yawn...uh oh, self taught master fightin the fight!

self-mastery said:
Is there another dead golfer that we can worship???? I'm tired of hearing about hogan, pitch elbow, 3 right hands, and mystical golf secrets.

:) roll with the punch or pitch it, your choice.

i must disagree with your assumption. i am 69 yrs. old and have shot scratch most of my life. you stated that "You could put your knee in your arse pocket without it having any effect on either of your wrists." you are entirely wrong, for that is exactly what happens, it is physics. i have been searching all my life for hogan's secret. i found it. obviously you haven't. by the way i found it just recently.

natep

New
Who's assumption are you disagreeing with? Can we get some cliff's notes on this? I dont wanna have to read another 10 pages of Hogan secrets, lol.

footwedge

He's disagreeing with Burner from a 2006 post, better late then never I guess. Plus he has found the "secret" the one that the media made up and Hogan went along with , nice.:D

Last edited:

oldpro

New
Hell if I actually know anything about the 3 hands statement but wouldn't it be funny if it was a wiseassed remark by Hogan: Lloyd says: Ben you are playing better since you learned how to get your right hand out of the shot...Ben says, Hell Lloyd I wish I had 3 right hands!!!

footwedge

This a post from someone that knew Hogan , Brian invited him to answer questions on Hogan in 05'

12-22-2005 09:01 AM #25 Woody-B-Dub
View Profile View Forum Posts Private Message View Blog Entries View Articles Add as Contact

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have never heard of Ledbetter or Melhorn. Mr. Hogan liked to play for money and played in the big money game at Shady Oaks called "The Swing Game" which is still around today. Once, he set all the pins were only he could get to them and fleeced everyone as a joke...I am sure he kept their money. Mr. Hogan was as competitive as they come no matter what the stakes he wanted to bury you.

Once again, I will confirm the "secret" idea was created by the media bacause they couldn't get close enough to him to write anything. He didn't understand his popualrity which led to him being out of the public eye. He felt there were so many other people doing far greater things than hitting a golf ball. If anything, he made a lot of things work all together: His clubs (flat, stiff, large grips, set open), his lower body action, length of swing, clubface and hand control, and hard work. He really didn't want anyone to know what he was doing because they

Last edited:

ej20

New
Hogan's secret is that there was no secret.He had his personal swing keys just like any other player so I suppose everyone has secrets.

By last count,there was approximately 10,000 people who claims to have found his secret.This number will be 20,000 in another 10 years.

cupped wrist

Who's assumption are you disagreeing with? Can we get some cliff's notes on this? I dont wanna have to read another 10 pages of Hogan secrets, lol.
i was making ref to cupped wrist. as far as "the secret", those that stumble on to it do not give it up, and probably couldn't if they tried. the cup is one of the results, not the secret. and to all those that laugh at the premise of a secret have searched and failed. if and when it is found, it amazes one, how simple. it flies in the face of all golf instruction that we have seen or read. not even close. when found the game becomes even more "funner"

Status
Not open for further replies.