Ben Hogan and his Three Right Hands

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Chooch's 'secret' is about the right foot - basically it is claimed that Hogan 'screwed his right foot into the ground' and never allowed the pressure to release.

Mere mortals like me need to get on my left leg in order to avoid a reverse pivot hook!

Interesting that Hogan (late swing) is one of the most flat footed top class golfers of his or any other era. No doubting that he sure liked to keep his feet on the ground.

brendan, so true, but why can't others see what we see? a trick i found to keep any consistancy is a swing thought at set up. i try and assume a stance as it would be at my finish, feet only. then kind of screw in clock wise in order to receive the back swing. which incidentally automatically cups the left wrist at the top. any more info i give on this subject, well i'll have to love ya, or ya gotta pay me. lol

lol, brendan i feel as if iv'e done something bad, everyone is on my case. all i know is that it works for me. btw, the statement re ground pressures is not that far off, it is also a result not the cause. i say again, it is so simple no one accepts it. the best direction i can give is to watch the videos of sevam, it is all there, so obvious. it is in the preset setup. you need no swing thoughts what so ever. other than "hit the ball" hey otto, that speaks to me in third person, if i gave truman capote the secret, would he shoot scratch? if i gave it to joe dimaggio? well i guess you get the drift. again the secret is the "preset setup".........PRESET SETUP! otto, lol

No....you didn't do anything bad, you just made some claims that are rather outlandish and need to be supported with more than hollow jabber. And saying something "works" for you in no way establishes that you are actually doing anything similar to Hogan. Feel isn't always real. Again, if you are doing Hogan's "secret" demonstrate on video the before and after and let's take a look.

If you gave Truman Capote the "secret" and he could play at all, he would at LEAST hit the ball in a manner that resembles Hogan. He would most definitely hit most every fairway and green if he played from tees that matched his distance potential. I also notice the red herring you tossed out there to avoid posting up your stats and a swing video. I didn't ask you a single time what you shoot. You could be the worst putter in the history of the game and shoot mid 90's after 4 putting every hole. I don't care about your score. What I want to see are your full swing stats and a video of your swing. If you found Hogan's "secret" I expect you to look quite like Hogan and I expect your full swing stats to be above average. If you look like Nicklaus or Toms when you swing the club....then you haven't found Hogan's secret. Those patterns aren't Hogan-esque so you couldn't say you've found Hogan's secret if you swing the club utterly opposite from Hogan.

And telling me "it's all in the pre-set set-up" is just nonsense. I can set up in a hundred different ways and swing the club any way I want. I can set-up like Hogan and swing like Furyk. You're just being vague and evasive and it's pretty obvious why.

And I've seen all of sevam's videos. And he doesn't have "Hogan-esque" stats. If he swung like Hogan, and actually knew the "secret" he'd have a stable of Tour pros and would be the most sought after teacher in the world. Sevam can mimic Hogan's look pretty well. But that's as far as it goes.

Now....are we going to see some evidence...or just more tap dancing and implications that you have the "secret" and know how to implement it?

I'm not being intentionally rude here...but these Hogan claims are just tiresome. There are thousands of threads on the internet with people making these claims and not a single one of them has turned up a nugget of truth. No one has ever submitted any valid evidence that Hogan had a "secret" or demonstrated anything that could actually be "secret" about his swing. Hogan built a swing that let him hit the ball very well. Probably better than anyone in history. But after an almost endless dissection of every nuance of his swing, no one has ever been able to point out any "secrets". You say you have it figured out and I say you haven't. All I'm asking is for you to establish your contention without the vague innuendo and meaningless prattle.

I've got 3 extra spike right shoes being specially made because I just discovered the secret on youtube, too. Once I get that shoe, I'll be playing straight down the fairway whether the sun is up or not.

It's the DIRT!

Lol. I like Sevam's stuff.

But one of his best tips is to shoot your videos from the caddy view and get a dimwit to stand off camera and say 'holy cow!' and 'that's amazing', every time you smack a ball off into the great beyond.

footwedge

The other day I was taking a stroll around the block when my right foot slipped and twisted clockwise and to my utter amazement my left wrist dorsiflexed .....hmmmmmm.

Lol. I like Sevam's stuff.

But one of his best tips is to shoot your videos from the caddy view and get a dimwit to stand off camera and say 'holy cow!' and 'that's amazing', every time you smack a ball off into the great beyond.

LOL!!!

So true!!

oldpro

New
I stumbled upon the Lost Dutchman Mine once...didn't have the proper tools...went back to town for supplies and couldn't find the damned mine on the return trip.

johnny, i should have not used that door thing, it was not an analogy at all, i was more or less trying to imply that it is a game of opposites. some of the posters for some reason want it to be complicated, or think it is a myth. it works for me and it works for my son.

It if works so well for you, why do you keep avoiding otto6457's questions? Let's see some video and some stats. How about of your son while you're at it. If you can't come up with some kind of evidence, you may as well stop this nonsense and keep it to yourself.

ej20

New
Chooch,I am glad for you,I really am.Most golf addicts are in a never ending search for a swing that works to their satisfaction.You have found yours but if you going to insist that it is Hogan's secret,then I suspect you are going to have rough time from doubters and for good reason.

Hogan was Hogan because of his entire swing,not just one aspect of it.Nobody in history has copied his swing succesfully.Hogan tweaked his already amazing swing to fix his hook and overly low shots.These tweaks may not work for everyone unless they suffered the same maladies.I would wager any money that he would beat you and anyone one else here with his pre secret swing.

"Are you crazy? Is that your problem?"

A shiny quarter, and Hogan's secret to the first person that can tell me what movie that's from without Googling.

Put up, or shut up chooch. Can't spell it out any simpler than that for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.