Brian Manzella Featured in Golf Magazine April Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Please enlighten me.. Will I be able to purchase a tablet/ebook/ibook copy of just this one article? I'd love to have an electronic version of the article.

I don't subscribe to any golf mags, although I will go out and buy this month's edition. I'll buy it for the article, not the center-fold, I mean fold-out. :cool:

The tablet edition is the WHOLE issue, plus lots of extras.

And this month, a lot of the extras are me.

:)

ZAP

New
My GM did not come yesterday. Usually this is not a problem but I was really looking forward to it. Hopefully today is the day.

ZAP

New
Mine showed up yesterday. Of course I did not have any time to sit down and read it yesterday. Fortunately the boys have karate tonight so I will have two hours to sit and watch them while reading it.

Couldnt purchase my tablet version yet and I have been looking on the MAG racks and all that's there are still March issues. Im sure it will be here soon ........ BART SCOTT "CANT WAIT"

ZAP

New
After reading GM for about 20 years it was really cool seeing that article in there. Finally the door is creeping open!

Jared Willerson

Super Moderator
I read the article last night. I thought it was well done and gave a novice golfer insight to how to get better, while getting the better player information that can take them up a level.
The D plane, trackman, enso, MATT, 3-D, I know it has been said here ad nauseam but it is the future of golf instruction.

While the information is out there, very few take advantage of it. There have always been a lot of forward thinking types in golf but the tradition bound thinking always seems to win out because there really hasn't been tangible evidence to get better another way. This information, when gotten to the masses, will change that.

Take a look around, you already see blowback to this information, calling it "swing by numbers" and decrying the lack of "feel". All these numbers and things do is enhance feel, they make you a "feel player". Why? Because you can distill the feels down to what really works and not do a lot of guessing. More discovery of your own game takes place and not wasted on guesses and "seems as ifs"

My own game has never been this consistent ball striking wise, no wildly missed shots, keeping it in front of me for the most part. The kicker is I know exactly what happened in MY swing to cause a shot to go off line and I can fix it, keep it functional and not get bogged down by hours on the range guessing at different feels. That is what Trackman (and the out toss plus the release information) has done for my game.

Good Golf in 2012.

Take a look around, you already see blowback to this information, calling it "swing by numbers" and decrying the lack of "feel". All these numbers and things do is enhance feel, they make you a "feel player". Why? Because you can distill the feels down to what really works and not do a lot of guessing. More discovery of your own game takes place and not wasted on guesses and "seems as ifs"

very true. even without a TM to hit on regularly, i still have a much easier time figuring out what made the ball go where due to the D-plane stuff and what i've learned here. where on the clubface i make contact, especially with driver and longer clubs, was the #1 variable i always used to misassess. eg: draw swing with heel contact looks like a fade. doesn't mean you're coming out to in. TM work taught me that path is pretty easy to keep consistent, at least compared to face angle and center impact.

I bought it today. It looked really good. Brian did a good job explaining things in the space he was allotted; it's not an easy concept to convey in a magazine foldout, and he did it.

First magazine I've purchased on IPad and I'll never read another hard copy. Really enjoyed the article. Great job Brian.

Congrats Brian,
Great article, lots of info in the Tablet version.....only down side is that you will be harder to get a hold of for lessons :)

Status
Not open for further replies.