Clubpaths, and Hogan vs. Tiger 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jared Willerson

Super Moderator
Enough with this. The discussion of Hogan vs. anyone is nearing the realm of politics and religion. Both of which are not encouraged to be discussed in this forum.

Compare their swings, results and the like are unproductive.

footwedge

footwedge, dariusz has said "tee to green" and you try to say rubbish due to scoring or winning. Well for my sake or readers' sake, please keep to a single line of reasoning. Woods in 2000 was a pretty complete golfer with very high skills in evidence. Hogan deserves kudos for his accuracy and control despite especially considering ovecoming his disabilities. Scoring wise is very hard to compare, imo, while tee to green comparisons stand a chance of being reasonable, though we can't transport either golfer to the other's courses and have equivalent competitors and equipment....etc.

"And I am always amazed that people like to underestimate these, as you said, old guys stories. These old guys were better golfers than 99% of today's pros and they know very well what to say. "

He said the old guys were better golfer's if you read his post you would see that. So I don't see the problem with what I posted.

Better golfer includes all aspects of the game.

Last edited:

footwedge

Enough with this. The discussion of Hogan vs. anyone is nearing the realm of politics and religion. Both of which are not encouraged to be discussed in this forum.

Compare their swings, results and the like are unproductive.

Well there's only one guy that keeps bringing up Hogan and how he's better than whoever.

dbl

New
Alright, well I apologize if I misinterpreted anything.

I assume "factual" comments on Hogan and his path or angle of attack would still be allowed to continue.

footwedge

Alright, well I apologize if I misinterpreted anything.

I assume "factual" comments on Hogan and his path or angle of attack would still be allowed to continue.

Of course, it's a fantasy thread but real world comments are always welcomed.:) Like it's up to me to say? Post what you want.

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator
All I would really say is Tiger could hit every single shot Hogan could but Hogan couldnt come close to hitting the shots Tiger could. I dont see how anybody could argue that. How can anybody argue against that????!!!

All I would really say is Tiger could hit every single shot Hogan could but Hogan couldnt come close to hitting the shots Tiger could. I dont see how anybody could argue that. How can anybody argue against that????!!!

really? The man who's played numerous rounds of golf with both guys who happens to be the greatest "Golfer" of all time says Hogan is the best ball striker he's ever seen. wtf are we talkin about here? Anyone else who's played with Hogan/Tiger wanna weigh in? Tiger couldn't hit the broad side of a barn right now. Throw this thread in the garbage.

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator
Yes, really. And im not talking about right now...but I thought that was clear. So you can actually argue that Hogan could hit every shot Tiger could in 2000 but not vice versa?

And isnt it just a tiny bit possible that Nicklaus was a starry eyed 20 year old when he played with Hogan? Nah. Hogan worshippers are the greatest. Love 'em.

Yes, really. And im not talking about right now...but I thought that was clear. So you can actually argue that Hogan could hit every shot Tiger could in 2000 but not vice versa?

And isnt it just a tiny bit possible that Nicklaus was a starry eyed 20 year old when he played with Hogan? Nah. Hogan worshippers are the greatest. Love 'em.

Argue it with Jack...I wasn't there. :)

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/XNgMNK3CtWU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/z-Nw__K1myQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
Reality is that Hogans swing was the best to watch with all that lag, flattness and badass pivot. Woods 2000 swing was good to watch, but not as good as the Hawk IMHO. Undoubtably, the two different swings were products of their respective times. No matter what, I seriously doubt Hogan could have hit the 6iron at the Canadian open or the 250 yard 2iron off a downhill, over trees, over water at Firestone. The 2 iron I saw live, in person and it's the sickest shot I have ever witness.

Last edited:

^^This^^

I love Hogan and I admire his swing.....and most of all his character. But Tiger was a more complete player and probably a better shot maker in 2000-2002.

Now if we compare Hogan to the Tiger of 2010......Hogan wins that one going away.

As someone mentioned, Hogan has achieved a mythological stature. He gets better every year.

^^This^^

I love Hogan and I admire his swing.....and most of all his character. But Tiger was a more complete player and probably a better shot maker in 2000-2002.

Now if we compare Hogan to the Tiger of 2010......Hogan wins that one going away.

As someone mentioned, Hogan has achieved a mythological stature. He gets better every year.

Or compare Tiger now to Hogan in his "hooker" years. They both had doo-doo parts to their careers.

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator
Reality is that Hogans swing was the best to watch with all that lag, flattness and badass pivot. Woods 2000 swing was good to watch, but not as good as the Hawk IMHO. Undoubtably, the two different swings were products of their respective times. No matter what, I seriously doubt Hogan could have hit the 6iron at the Canadian open or the 250 yard 2iron off a downhill, over trees, over water at Firestone. The 2 iron I saw live, in person and it's the sickest shot I have ever witness.

If you like flat swings with alot of lag:)

Status
Not open for further replies.