Como se dice

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 things you can't fix....crazy and stupid. Sergio is apparently both.

It's amazing that, having been in the public eye for so long, and having been knocked around as much as he has for various things he's done, he still doesn't seem to "get it".

To be fair to Sergio, he's not American and maybe (like me) didn't quite understand the severity of his remark. Just sayin.

To be fair to Sergio, he's not American and maybe (like me) didn't quite understand the severity of his remark. Just sayin.

I agree with wulsy here. I don't mind Sergio. In fact, I actually kinda like him. I just don't think he's the sharpest tool in the shed.

In what other possible context could Serg have made the (awfully unwitty) joke?

If you didn't see the issue with what Splergio said because you are not privy to social norms in America, I get it; but that means if you were in the same situation you wouldn't have made the same statement. The mere fact that Serg made the joke (and subsequently felt a tummy ache after leaving the ceremony) tells me he knew EXACTLY what he was saying. If not... why say it!?

You must really think Serg is stupid because anyone with a brain (that would make such a joke) absolutely knows WHY they made the joke. There's no two bones about it.

Here's a few questions to ask yourself when contemplating Sergio's motivations: Would Serg have made the same statement with Tiger present? I'd bet dollars to doughnuts there weren't ANY Black people in attendance, so would Serg still talk like that if there were?

Answer: Nope... and you know why? Cuz he's a whiny little douche. It's the same reason he waits to confront Tiger via media interviews instead of face-to-face, like a man. Tigers had more s**t said to him during a round of golf than Sergio could dream, and has Tiger ever flipped his middle finger to the crowd? Has Tiger ever spat in the cup after failing to score well?

How anyone can see anything even slightly endearing about Sergio Garcia is beyond me. Greg Norman's daughter made a wise decision the day she laced up her shoes and RAN!

Last edited:
From Down Under

Family Bucket

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/KfRaVU3v7D0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dixie Chicken

Lowell George

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2R00LLqShdg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Pressure Cooker

KFC

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/OIbhW1A-nHk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ej20

New
Speaking of KFC,you have got to try the Two Two Fried Chicken if you happen to be in Seoul.There are about 500 shops opened and the taste is devine.Kills KFC in my opinion and not as oily.They use a secret recipe using 17 ingredients and took thousands of attempts to get the balance right.

I'm absolutely certain Sergio knew it was racist and meant it to be racist. Unless he's even dumber than he looks, he knew about the Fuzzy incident. Heck, that's part of golf history by now and absolutely the only reason he would bring up fried chicken would be as a snide reference to Zoeller's now famous gaffe. Are we supposed to believe that "I'll serve him fried chicken" is a traditional Spanish insult?
And please don't try to tell me he didn't mean to insult Tiger. Really,....
This little twit knew exactly what he was doing and now thinks the public is stupid enough to think he didn't.

Burner

New
Let he who is without sin.......................

Just seen on TV that Sergio got a great reception at Wentworth.

Yup. The non-partisan crowd saw his "misdemeanor" for what it was; an ill judged, in the circumstances, jocular remark for which his vilification is undeserved and unworthy.

All y'all probably fired from the lip inappropriately at some time but still expected folks to overlook it or forgive you.

Bear this in mind: the British new reports on the incident had to add specifically "fried chicken is associated with the black communities in southern USA".

Believe it or not, we are not that THAT familiar with your expressions and culture, as you are not with ours. Sergio is not even an native English speaker.

I'm not excusing him - of course he knew what he was saying but i genuinely believe he didn't really know how grave the comment is.

For once I agree with Burnsy;), we've all made comment which we genuinely regret. And not only because of the consequences.

Little Serge is a troubled man, let's not forget that. I hope people give him a break on this one because I genuinely feel he is in no way a racist. I just think he can't stand Tiger.

ej20

New
The problem for Sergio is that he would not have even known what the expression "fried chicken" meant until he heard it from Fuzzy.He fully knew that it was a racist comment and how much trouble it got Fuzzy into.

High profile pro golfers make more money than they really deserve especially through endorsements.You got to expect the bad with the good if you say something stupid.The first thing drilled into them from managers would be to stay the heck away from politics,religion and race.What you say in public is heard to millions of people.

Deserved or not,Sergio is going to receive a really "warm" reception at Merion.

You know what the real tragedy in all this is? I love fried chicken and get **** up here cept KFC and few
lame local joints. I saw Popeyes in the Memphis airport but didn't have time to stop....DAMN!

Status
Not open for further replies.