Dan Gilbert's Letter to the Cav Fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got some Cleveland bashing going on here. Please don't associate sports failure and a round of golf in the area with the general population of the city. That is pointless, unoriginal, mean spirited, and very tiresome.

Agreed - I've been to Cleveland numerous times. Actually always had a pretty good time. Hung out at the flats quite a bit ( not sure how it is down there now - been about 10 years or so ) and was there when the Rock 'n Roll hall of fame opened. Being from the Baltimore area, I see a lot of similarities. Seems pretty typical of most big cities to me.

Being a basketball fan I want to say that I am still perplexed by Lebron's decision. He had a real opportunity to be the bigger man and go to a team as a leader, create or maintain a thriving basketball market (ie.NY/NJ, Cleveland, Chicago) and become one of the greatest NBA players of all time. I find it very hard to imagine Lebron as one of the greats now, seems very cowardly, immature, and selfish to me. One thing I will say, I was in Miami this past weekend and I saw a ton of number 6 and Number 3 jerseys, I just dont know if you will find a Heat jersey anywhere but SE FLA anymore. LA 24's and Chicago 23's will be nationwide for a long time.

What happens if Miami does not win within 2 years??? LOL

Being a basketball fan I want to say that I am still perplexed by Lebron's decision. He had a real opportunity to be the bigger man and go to a team as a leader, create or maintain a thriving basketball market (ie.NY/NJ, Cleveland, Chicago) and become one of the greatest NBA players of all time. I find it very hard to imagine Lebron as one of the greats now, seems very cowardly, immature, and selfish to me. One thing I will say, I was in Miami this past weekend and I saw a ton of number 6 and Number 3 jerseys, I just dont know if you will find a Heat jersey anywhere but SE FLA anymore. LA 24's and Chicago 23's will be nationwide for a long time.

What happens if Miami does not win within 2 years??? LOL

They realistically may not win for two years. The Lakers should have more depth and have another run in them. THEN the lockout season after that. CBA is expiring.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think Lebron signed for max years. Looking for an out sooner if it isn't working.

I think you are correct with the intent, George Michael, but I don't think any deals have been inked yet.

BTW, good luck with Scottland Yard, and try to keep your Rover off the sidewalk next time.:D

Last edited:
I think you are correct with the intent, George Michael, but I don't think any deals have been inked yet.

BTW, good luck with Scottland Yard, and try to keep your Rover off the sidewalk next time.:D

lol, why does the George Michael stuff always come up? Andrew Ridgeley was all the talent in WHAM!

Status
Not open for further replies.