Doping

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the margin, isn't doping much much much much more beneficial and effective for baseball and football players than it is for golfers?

I have been on Atenelol (25 mg) which is a Beta Blocker since early 1994 when I was playing the Sr Tour. I had a silent HA in 1993 and the Atenelol allows my heart to work less hard (resting pulse is around 60 or a little less). Never had any Blood Pressure problems, but this is also prescribed to high BP.

Bruce

I don't get the entire thing. Why is it pooh poohed in football, but everybody wants the records stricken in cycling and baseball.

+1.

Especially in a sport (football) where bigger and stronger also, unfortunately, means more injuries and shortened careers.

I get the beta blockers but what about PEDs in things like putting and chipping? How do they help calm the mind or nerves? I would think they would jack you up.

I have been on Atenelol (25 mg) which is a Beta Blocker since early 1994 when I was playing the Sr Tour. I had a silent HA in 1993 and the Atenelol allows my heart to work less hard (resting pulse is around 60 or a little less). Never had any Blood Pressure problems, but this is also prescribed to high BP.

Bruce

I have taken Toprol since 2000 and my resting gets in the high 40s sometimes. But I honestly never could notice any effect on my putting. You?

ej20

New
Vijay Singh has admitted to using deer antler spray which he only recently found out to contain a banned growth hormone.He claims he was shocked but I have my doubts.

This spray claims to help you recover after workouts so it may have helped Singh recover after his marathon stints on the practice tee.

There are substances to enhance any performance, you ever notice the ads during a golf broadcast?

Any advantages from traditional anabolic steroids would seem to be marginal at best, and likely not worth the risk for most considering - except in the area of injury rehab, I suppose.

However, there are (or will be) substances that artificially improve a golfer's performance; one's that help control your mind's state seem like they could help.

I'm not even going to pretend to know how prevalent usage currently is at any level.

DC -

Did not notice any change in putting or short game at all. Really did not notice any change in my body mind, or nervous system. Certainly has not helped the last few years (if it ever did), as I have putted very poorly.

Bruce

In fact if there's been any change, I have lost my feel. Completely. I cannot get a 30 footer close with a gun to my head now. Age I'm sure still sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.