DVD & Web Video:The Soft Draw Pattern 1.0 -w/Reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.
And for the right handed leftie player? I bought the video, saw it and wonder - Should I think of any thing else here?

Last edited:
I had downloaded this some time ago but for some reason, didn't get around to working it into the swing. When I did try it recently, I couldn't believe how natural it felt through the ball, the nice high draws I was hitting and of course, taking the right side out of play. Even shot a 69 and thought this is golden but then I fell back a bit and got the hooks...ouch. Carded a few 80s (are you kidding me?) and realized that this is not an overnight change. Went back to my previous swing pattern and though I hit some decent shots and scored okay, none of them felt as good as with the soft draw pattern. So, I downloaded never hook again to see where my errors may be when using soft draw...better not take a long time to look at this one. Let me get back to you on my progress....

Hi Brian -

Just wanted to say thanks for this video. I haven't posted or played in a couple years - just bad timing for me, life-wise - but I recently played and was bitten by the bug again. I struggled mightily, so I went in search of my favorite teacher's help, Brian Manzella's.

Watched the video right after downloading it. Went to the range, the only things I really concentrated on were setup and takeaway, and I was ripping nice high soft draws, just as promised.

I have many of your videos, and never once have they failed to help me. Just tremendous.

Thanks a lot, can't wait to get back out there!

New to the forum but felt compelled to throw in my two cents worth on the Soft Draw Pattern video and instruction. I watched the video probably a half dozen times before I felt comfortable enough to take it to the range. Well, the instruction was not validated until the fourth swing. Not only were the strikes solid but I immediately seemed to gain a full 7-10 yards, got a real divot, and as advertised either a very straight shot or gentle draw. This was in 100 degree plus temperatures so occasionally I lost concentration. When this happened I went back to the Earnest Jones back and forth drill which is one of the best drills I have ever seen. My only regret is that I did not find this forum and instruction sooner. Great job Brian.

Last edited:
Brian, I just bought and watched Soft Draw today and wonder how the "swing/aim left when hitting down on the ball, swing/aim right when hitting up" discoveries affect the "aim one yard right" principle? Or is that already taken into account?

Brian Manzella

Administrator
When will a D-Planed version come out?

Well...

Nothing in this video would change.

If you "swing" 1 yard to the right, and hit the ball with a relatively normal downward blow, your RESULTANT PATH would be about 3-4° inside-out.

With the right clubface—just slightly closed to the RP—you have a soft draw.

Well...

Nothing in this video would change.

If you "swing" 1 yard to the right, and hit the ball with a relatively normal downward blow, your RESULTANT PATH would be about 3-4° inside-out.

With the right clubface—just slightly closed to the RP—you have a soft draw.

Thanks for the explanation. Because so much recently has been explained in terms of the d-plane and there being no mention of it in the SD 1.0 video, I did not know if it would change anything or not.

Question: To hit a straight ball, should you aim a little left with a slightly open clubface, so that, assuming a normal downward blow, the RP would be straight at the target and the clubface would be square to the RP, resulting in a straight ball? (Which is a long-winded way of saying what Kevin did in another recent thread.) To get a straight ball, should one try to strike the back of the ball rather than on the inside rear quadrant of the ball?

Question: To hit a straight ball, should you aim a little left with a slightly open clubface, so that, assuming a normal downward blow, the RP would be straight at the target and the clubface would be square to the RP, resulting in a straight ball? (Which is a long-winded way of saying what Kevin did in another recent thread.) To get a straight ball, should one try to strike the back of the ball rather than on the inside rear quadrant of the ball?

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uepMzddHpas?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uepMzddHpas?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

It seems like the idea behind where the club should point at the last three parallel positions is designed to make sure that the clubface keeps up with the counterfall and stays slightly closed relative to the swing direction. Should the SD pattern make the hands feel like they are turning over faster in downswing than normal for someone who hits a push or push/fade? Thanks.

so is there an updated version of this video? i have the original but its just one big vid, would like to be able to select chapters.

thx
Vince

Status
Not open for further replies.