DVD & Web Video:The Soft Draw Pattern 1.0 -w/Reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couple of questions

I have only been working on this pattern for a week and I must say I am playing the best in years. Played 9 holes tonight and hit 7 greens in regulation with 5 fairways so it is working. 3 par threes on this side. Now I have spend about 10 hours hitting balls this week so I have been working lot to implement the swing thoughts so I do not have to think about them. I still have a long way to go but my misses are toward the target and usually stuck well. After all golf is a game of misses.

I have noticed a couple of things. I am about 5 yards longer but the height of my shots is much higher maybe 20% higher and with hard greens very little roll. Not a bad thing just wondered why. Also seems to help the weight transfer to the back side.

I have made one personal change in that I could not drag the grip back consistently using Brian suggestions. I use the right fore finger to move the grip back, only just enough to get it started but I am starting to hit a driver and get it up in the air. I have always struggled with drivers. I am happy.

The one area am stuggling is aiming one yard to the left. I usually end up much more left. I started just aiming feet toward target and this helps a lot. Any suggestions.

If you are stuggling with your golf game I would recommend this video or others to everyone. May not match your matrix but it is sure fun trying.

Push Right

Seem to be having a problem with the SD pattern. My ball flight is a straight push right. What am I missing? Thanks.

Make sure you are doing the soft javalin (sp) toss and end of grip end points toward target. Just watch this part again as it is a critical move.

Thank you....thank you....thank you. Soft draw pattern is it!!!! I hit more quality shots today on the range than I have ever hit (watched it once). Pulled some....just getting used to it....straighted some and draw some (timing and grip changed the flight). All were solid and yardage was increase dramatically.

Me-I shoot mid to low 80s from the whites or the tips (not plying much). Not particularly long by any stretch. Shot game comes and goes depending on how much I play. When it is polished I score ok (low 80s)....when it is not I don't.

I did confessions of a flipper. I realized right away, I normally pull through with the club open and laid off (I dont think I ever knew that). If I got it square....there is the flip. If not....high...slightly right....and short. There was really good info in flipper. I took it to the range a few times. I then did never slice again. It was good! I didn't slice...and did pull the heck out of some of them....but felt there was more. Today I watched SD and went to the range. I went to the range after the other videos....but today was different. Solid shots....no slices....some pulls.....some draws....but all solid as you know what.

As I think back through all of the videos, I am glad that I watched them all and I will watch them again. Fact is, I am just much smarter about many things that go on in the golf swing. I will continue to beat balls and play. Credit to you, what I spent was nothing in comparison to what I learned.

You are not the first that I have purchased from. I won't mention them, we all probably know who they are. Bottom line-keep doing what you are doing. You ARE the man when it comes to teaching.

Thanks,

O

LSH

New
Michael Jacobs umbrella drill

Brian
I have watched this three times now and have done some practice in the back yard but have not been able to hit any balls yet. ( By the way I wish I could select chapters to review instead of having to watch the whole thing. )
I have also watched a drill from Michael Jacobs that someone posted a link to on another site. Does his drill of swinging an open umbrella to get the feel of how the forearms and hands work on the back, down and through swing mesh with the soft draw pattern?

Still searching for a consistent swing!!!!

Steve

My first post :cool:

I just bought NSA a couple of days ago, hit my first ever hook... and I'm, erm, hooked ;) I'm a high handicapper who is obsessed with details, refuse to practice getting decent with a bad swing.

I've tried lots of methods from conventional instruction to S&T but the details were always lacking. I even bought V1 software & tried copying swings :confused: Ok, too many smilies already.

Wasn't sure which video to get next, SDP or flipper, cuz opinions here vary a little - so I've bought both!!

I think my main fault is trying to power the swing too much, I get up to the top & can't resist the urge to knock seven bells out of it. I have over come the over-the-top mostly but I really get my hips round too fast & stand up on left leg too quickly. More like breaking the kinetic chain methinks. Anyway, that's an overview and I've droned on entirely too long.

Just wanted to say Hi to all, and thanks a million for Brian & this forum for putting me on the straight path!!! If the other videos are as good as NSA I'm sure I'll be giving advice as well as taking - last smilie - :p

Ricky

Mr. J

New
have watched SD but I have not been able to understand one thing (there's probably more)...but where should I aim my clubface? Is it pointing at my 1 yd right target OR is it a bit closed at address meaning it's more or less pointing at the target while my setup/plane is aimed right????

i remember reading that this pattern uses a centered pivot similar to stack and tilt. is this right, or am i remembering incorrectly?

I haven't been to the site in a while and I just read about Brian's Soft Draw video and got it.

Can someone clarify something for me in the set up/alignment section? Brian talks to aligning 1* right (feet aligned at target) and then to square everything else up. Does "square everything else" refer to matching the feet alignment or the target line? I thought he meant the body should match the feet, but when watching the video it looked like adam's feet were 1* closed but shoulders are square to the target.

Thanks, can't wait to try this out in another 3 months when temperatues break freezing ;-)

Maybe this has been covered? The quicktime file link opens up a window where the movie plays - i want to download it in quicktime. The windows media starts to download just fine, but something is up with the quicktime link

Any help?

Jeremy

adjustment to fade it

Bought the video last night and worked on it at the range today. Immediate improvement! Great video and huge thanks to Brian. Can't wait until I get more comfortable with it and can add more rhythm & tempo back into the swing.

Would like to know what adjustment(s) needs to be made to hit a soft fade with it? I have hit a draw with my driver/3 wood and faded everything else my whole life and so my eye just naturally sees that shot shape as more comfortable. If a minor adjustment could be made I would love to hit my natural shot shape with this pattern.

I need to ask the same question as above. I'm quite happy hitting the SD pattern with, well, a soft draw. But certain holes or situations require hitting a fade and even though it's not my go to shot, I still would like to be able to adjust the SD pattern to hit a fade.

I know that Nicklaus used a SD'ish pattern to hit a fade, can someone more knowledgeable than me provide more input on this?

Thanks

And the truth shall set you free

No worries, I spent the last couple of days coming to grip with the D-plane and ball flight laws (all from this website) and tested my findings at the range last night. I can now hit a soft draw, hard draw, soft fade, hard fade and the occasional worm burner.

Big up to all the related contributors.:)

The SD swing sounds a lot like Fred Couples swing. esp. the right elbow with the club pointing to the target with the tempo and the way he finishes. Only Fred has some pop out then loops it in. I'm I wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.