Experimenter's delight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
On the hissay...

You don't want to share your opinion???

I understand it is supposed to measure the COG. Just seems that the axis being measured may be closer to the sternum. Just an observation. It would be great to hear the head of the company answer it as well. I'd still like to hear your expertise if you are willing to share.

I will make it to one of your GTEs so I can see some real teaching.

Ok.

This is a GUESS.

If you stand on the edges of a milk crate to hit balls, something I did a lot 20 years ago thanks to Ben Doyle, you HAVE TO control your CoG or you bust your arse.

So, if you are a right leaning torso guy, your hips WILL NOT BE ABLE TO shift to the right as well when you are on the milk crate, because you will tumble over.

If you REALLY lean right with your upper half, you probably will have "reversed hips" or hips that move TOWARD THE TARGET on the backswing.

So if you lean left at the top, like some folks teach, your HIPS HAVE TO MOVE MORE TO THE RIGHT to stay balanced on the crate.

In my "baby fade" pattern, I teach much more hip slide to the right, with steeper shoulders and a centered torso. Just taught it to a PGA pro from Chicago last week.

So, what you ARE doing is SHIFTING WEIGHT to the right, even if your "imaginary dots" don;t move that way.

That one is free, the next one will cost you dinner a Flemming's. ;)

Ok.

This is a GUESS.

If you stand on the edges of a milk crate to hit balls, something I did a lot 20 years ago thanks to Ben Doyle, you HAVE TO control your CoG or you bust your arse.

So, if you are a right leaning torso guy, your hips WILL NOT BE ABLE TO shift to the right as well when you are on the milk crate, because you will tumble over.

If you REALLY lean right with your upper half, you probably will have "reversed hips" or hips that move TOWARD THE TARGET on the backswing.

So if you lean left at the top, like some folks teach, your HIPS HAVE TO MOVE MORE TO THE RIGHT to stay balanced on the crate.

In my "baby fade" pattern, I teach much more hip slide to the right, with steeper shoulders and a centered torso. Just taught it to a PGA pro from Chicago last week.

So, what you ARE doing is SHIFTING WEIGHT to the right, even if your "imaginary dots" don;t move that way.

That one is free, the next one will cost you dinner a Flemming's. ;)

Thanks for the freebie. If I may take your milk crate task a bit further...I'm standing on a sawhorse with a perfect fulcrum. When I hit balls while standing on it NEVER do I lose the fulcrum to the right. Yet, on DBS my INITIAL COG move is to the right. When I alter my spine tilts, and move my hips forward DBS says I am more centered ,but still moving right. I'm more of a MAT-T guy I guess.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Nick,

You are NEVER going to think I am correct.

It's sorta like religion.

You just have faith.

Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.