For all those that share Brian's "50 lb. goal" in 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
3 times a week? it is unreal that you think it is healthy to have bowel movements less than once every two days.

I think the real unanswered question is how has Brian done so far this year with his weight loss goal?
this thread is getting pretty disgusting...

the most popular thread on this forum isn't even about golf.

Bronco Billy

Carbs Aren't Evil... A High Insulin Level in Your Body is Evil....

I've done low fiber-low carb for several months without constipation. You act as if there is not a remedy! According to you, I should be groggy and ready to pass out by now! Stop with all the fear. By less frequent, I mean 3 times a week. Before zero carb I was eating a very high fiber diet, and was an everyday man. My energy level is just crazy! I'm putting myself through grueling sets of Olympic lifts and elliptical sprints, I've started to play soccer again (4 hour matches with friends), and I'm involved in a friendly softball rivalry with some neighborhood folks. GO GO GO... Then there's work.

MEH I'm adding leafy green veggies next month.

Carbs Raise Your Insulin Level and Thus All Food You Eat turns to Fat and You Gain Weight..... The Only Reason One Eats a Low Carb Diet is to Stop the Rise in Insulin Level Thus Stopping Fuel from Turning to Fat(Weight Gain).... There is Evidence that other things like Diet Soda, Caffeine etc. also Raise the Insulin Level in Your Body and Thus Should be Avoided..... Take Fiber Choice... It Tastes like Candy and will Solve Your Two Day Problem..... Have a Great Day....:)

another reason why Atikins diet is inferior...

A very-low-fat vegan diet increases intake of protective dietary factors and decreases intake of pathogenic dietary factors.
Journal of the American Dietetic Association--Feb 2008

"There is increasing evidence that dietary factors in plant-based diets are important in the prevention of chronic disease. This study examined protective (eg, antioxidant vitamins, carotenoids, and fiber) and pathogenic (eg, saturated fatty acids and cholesterol) dietary factors in a very-low-fat vegan diet."

"These results suggest that a very-low-fat vegan diet can be useful in increasing intake of protective nutrients and phytochemicals and minimizing intake of dietary factors implicated in several chronic diseases."

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/...ez.Pubmed.Pubmed_ResultsPanel.Pubmed_RVDocSum

I don't mean to stir up any of the old debates from this thread, but I would like to suggest a couple of books for anyone interested in HOW we eat rather than WHAT we eat. Mindless Eating(Brian Wansink, PhD) is a very interesting look at how perceptions influence how much one eats and how enjoyable the food is perceived. The thesis is that by changing your environment you can "mindlessly" influence yourself to eat slightly less each day without realizing it, resulting in gradual weight loss. The other book is In Defense of Food(Michael Pollan), which claims that the increase in considering foods based on their individual nutrients has resulted in lesser health. The thesis here is that food choices should be based on traditional food culture, rather than nutritional science.

I have not taken the time to read 27 pages of this, nor do I want to... but this is coming from a guy who has lost 35 pounds, losing weight is not complicated, it is not hard, its using common sense, you all KNOW what food is good for you, and you all KNOW what food is bad for you. Use that knowledge... Exorsize, not even alot, just get some exorsize in...
Fast food, loaded with high glycemic carbs, and fried potatoes, with high fat ground beef....... throw in about 400 more useless calories of soda, and what do you have? well if your eating this 3 times a day, about 5000 calories, unless your an olympic swimmer, you are not ever going to burn 5000 calories in one day.... and thats not acounting for the type of food that is.
A cheese burger isn't bad, every once in a while... but, it is PAINFULLY obvious that a constant diet of this type of food, is not healthy... Even to the dumbest of people. That is why people are overweight and it is such an epidemic these days. There is a reason why the bible warns against glutiny.... Its not hard people, its not even a topic worth 27 pages to debate....
Really the guy who started this, is right, high glycemic diets, which is what most common people are eating these days, is bad for you, take in account for different makeups for different people, some are going to be able, usualy in their younger years, to have a metabolism that allows them to maintain this diet and not gain weight. does this mean they are healthy? absolutely not... my little brother is 5 foot 11 135 pounds, used to eat crap, every day. I am now, 5'9'' 200 pounds (Yes I still need to drop about 20 pounds) and I could out last him in a jog easily.
Personally, I have work to do with my diet, but you know what, its because I'm lazy, not because I don't know wrong from right. Every one of you are the same. You know whats healthy and you know whats wrong, yet you continue to allow yourself to eat crap. and it doesn't take science to see that. This is another reason people continue to have larger waist bands and more health problems these days. Lazy people wanting an easy way out. Well there is an easy way out, but it takes work, and lazy wont work.

I wish all of you success in losing your weight, we are now 6 months into the year, and I would love to hear how you guys are doing, I hope all of you know I meant NO disrespect to any of you, it was more of a rant, regarding the whole population as a whole, rather than directed at you guys. As stated, I too need work, I was 235 at my heaviest and I'm only 21 years old, at 5'9'' thats a hefty fella... As of right now, I'm teetering on 200 pounds, and would like to get down to about 180, that seems heavy for a guy who is 5'9'' however, I work out, and I have allot of muscle, with my fat, I'm only 18 percent body fat at 200 pounds... thats not horrible, but not great. Sorry to any who were offended but I get so upset when people debate something that clearly shouldn't be an issue.

Bronco Billy

It Took 27 Pages and God Knows How Many Months to Get Religion Into This Thread.....

I have not taken the time to read 27 pages of this, nor do I want to... but this is coming from a guy who has lost 35 pounds, losing weight is not complicated, it is not hard, its using common sense, you all KNOW what food is good for you, and you all KNOW what food is bad for you. Use that knowledge... Exorsize, not even alot, just get some exorsize in...
Fast food, loaded with high glycemic carbs, and fried potatoes, with high fat ground beef....... throw in about 400 more useless calories of soda, and what do you have? well if your eating this 3 times a day, about 5000 calories, unless your an olympic swimmer, you are not ever going to burn 5000 calories in one day.... and thats not acounting for the type of food that is.
A cheese burger isn't bad, every once in a while... but, it is PAINFULLY obvious that a constant diet of this type of food, is not healthy... Even to the dumbest of people. That is why people are overweight and it is such an epidemic these days. There is a reason why the bible warns against glutiny.... Its not hard people, its not even a topic worth 27 pages to debate....
Really the guy who started this, is right, high glycemic diets, which is what most common people are eating these days, is bad for you, take in account for different makeups for different people, some are going to be able, usualy in their younger years, to have a metabolism that allows them to maintain this diet and not gain weight. does this mean they are healthy? absolutely not... my little brother is 5 foot 11 135 pounds, used to eat crap, every day. I am now, 5'9'' 200 pounds (Yes I still need to drop about 20 pounds) and I could out last him in a jog easily.
Personally, I have work to do with my diet, but you know what, its because I'm lazy, not because I don't know wrong from right. Every one of you are the same. You know whats healthy and you know whats wrong, yet you continue to allow yourself to eat crap. and it doesn't take science to see that. This is another reason people continue to have larger waist bands and more health problems these days. Lazy people wanting an easy way out. Well there is an easy way out, but it takes work, and lazy wont work.

I wish all of you success in losing your weight, we are now 6 months into the year, and I would love to hear how you guys are doing, I hope all of you know I meant NO disrespect to any of you, it was more of a rant, regarding the whole population as a whole, rather than directed at you guys. As stated, I too need work, I was 235 at my heaviest and I'm only 21 years old, at 5'9'' thats a hefty fella... As of right now, I'm teetering on 200 pounds, and would like to get down to about 180, that seems heavy for a guy who is 5'9'' however, I work out, and I have allot of muscle, with my fat, I'm only 18 percent body fat at 200 pounds... thats not horrible, but not great. Sorry to any who were offended but I get so upset when people debate something that clearly shouldn't be an issue.

The Good Book - Good Calories Bad Calories will Change Your Existence on this Planet...... And You Will Never Be Hungary..... Have a Great Day With Your New Found Knowledge.....:)

Wow this thread is still going!

- I did zero carb for 5 weeks.

- I added veggies after the 5th week.

- I then decided to try something else extreme: An all nut diet that lasted only 2 weeks.

- Now I'm trying a bean based diet with meat.

I've lost right under 40lbs since January. Some of the weight loss was from being sick.

My only exercise is martial arts, and I've started riding my old road bike again. I'm trying to go green, and cycle more than I drive. I am also thinking about converting my car to propane.

Our bodies can flourish off of a myriad of natural food sources. Stay away from man made pseudo foods, exercise, and everything will be fine.

Bronco Billy

Beans Ain't Makin It.... Too Many Carbs...Read the Good Book Again....

Wow this thread is still going!

- I did zero carb for 5 weeks.

- I added veggies after the 5th week.

- I then decided to try something else extreme: An all nut diet that lasted only 2 weeks.

- Now I'm trying a bean based diet with meat.

I've lost right under 40lbs since January. Some of the weight loss was from being sick.

My only exercise is martial arts, and I've started riding my old road bike again. I'm trying to go green, and cycle more than I drive. I am also thinking about converting my car to propane.

Our bodies can flourish off of a myriad of natural food sources. Stay away from man made pseudo foods, exercise, and everything will be fine.

I'd be Careful about the Propane.... 92500 BTU/Gal.... Gas is about 150000 BTU /Gal.... Do the Math.... Maybe Pay Back/Maybe Not....I Heat with Propane.... Several Months ago I Paid $1.50 a Gallon In Quanity of 500 Gal... God Knows What it is Now.....

Ive Been Holden My own... Been Eaten Bad According to the God Man... (4 Eggs/1/2# Bacon and 6 OZ of Peanuts) / Day.... the Other Meal is about A Grand of Calories of Deep Fried Chicken/Fish Or Ribs Etc....

Been Riden My Trike about 10 Mile a Day.... What a Blast and NO Sore Ass...
Have a Great Day With Your New Found Knowledge.....:)

I wasn't really trying to make religion a part of this... the bible is a book... just like any other book, i was just pointing out, that people want to eat whatever they want, and then want an easy way out when they get fat, when for years... thousands of years, its been apparent that over indulging is bad......

thats all, doesn't matter if you believe in god, or the bible or not. Just a statement.

Bronco Billy

Easy Lefty... You're Making a Lot of Assumptions about Me.. That are Illogical Jumps.

I wasn't really trying to make religion a part of this... the bible is a book... just like any other book, i was just pointing out, that people want to eat whatever they want, and then want an easy way out when they get fat, when for years... thousands of years, its been apparent that over indulging is bad......

thats all, doesn't matter if you believe in god, or the bible or not. Just a statement.

The Real Sin Here is Someone on a Bean Diet......:)

Magical fruit based and you will not need propane for your auto. You can jettison yourself around by the power of bean.

Status
Not open for further replies.