For all those that share Brian's "50 lb. goal" in 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exercise Makes You Hungary and If you Eat Carbs to FulFill this Hungar You will Gain Weight..... Also Muscles are more Dense than Fat Therefore Turning Fat into Muscles will also Gain Pounds.....Aerobic Exercises are the Best....This type of exercise increases Your Metabolic Rate and thus you will burn Your Fuel more Efficiently..... If You are Fat and want to lose 30#s in a month..... Eat 3 meals a Day of 4 to 6 Eggs and a 1/2 # of Bacon per Meal... Also walk 5 to 10 Miles a day.....You will lose 30 #s, Never Be Hungary, and Probably will Feel better and be Healthier than at anytime in Your Previous Life...... Have a Great Day with Your New Found Diet and Knowledge.......

What does this have to do with my post? All I was saying is make your goals and what you're doing to reach them visable. Crossfit.com has a workout of the day and eveyone posts how long it takes them to finish it or how many reps they get done in a timed exercise. All I am saying is if everyone that had a weight loss goal or a golfing goal had somewhere to post what they were doing to reach those goals this would give some type of reinforcement in reaching those goals. What I typed in was just an example not what I do... I don't even need to lose weight. Instead of me saying I want to break 70 this year it would force me to put some action with the goal.

What does this have to do with my post? All I was saying is make your goals and what you're doing to reach them visable. Crossfit.com has a workout of the day and eveyone posts how long it takes them to finish it or how many reps they get done in a timed exercise. All I am saying is if everyone that had a weight loss goal or a golfing goal had somewhere to post what they were doing to reach those goals this would give some type of reinforcement in reaching those goals. What I typed in was just an example not what I do... I don't even need to lose weight. Instead of me saying I want to break 70 this year it would force me to put some action with the goal.

If you really want to do something(golf or otherwise) you will try to do it. You don't need to post it for the world to see.

salt-depends if you are salt sensitive. Some people can eat high salt diets and still have low BP. Most people would be better off consuming less or at least balancing with higher intakes of potassium.

diet soda-better in theory, but studies show that people that consume them gain more weight than those that drink full calorie soda.

unlimited bottle water? not sure what you mean by this. Water from the tap is good unless you live in Philadelphia.

How do you gain weight from a zero calorie substance?

I've read that diet sodas and other artificially sweetened foods increase the desire for foods with a high amount of sugar; It is the increased desire and subsequent indulgence of sugary foods that causes weight gain, not the isolated consumption of zero calorie artificially sweetened foods.

How do you gain weight from a zero calorie substance?

I've read that diet sodas and other artificially sweetened foods increase the desire for foods with a high amount of sugar; It is the increased desire and subsequent indulgence of sugary foods that causes weight gain, not the isolated consumption of zero calorie artificially sweetened foods.

Obviously. But no food is consumed in isolation. If you are someone who struggles with weight loss, drinking diet soda probably isn't going to help you lose weight. If you are someone who has discipline, then the occasional diet coke isn't going to affect you much. If you consume diet drinks everyday, even if you have discipline with your eating, its more likely that your eating habits will gradually change, so that you end up eating more, as was found in those studies.

Imagine how much sugar one would likely consume if they had a huge soda addiction. Diet soda has to be a lifesaver for that group of people.

4 regular sodas have 120 grams of sugar and an almost equal amount of garbage simple carbohydrates.

Imagine how much sugar one would likely consume if they had a huge soda addiction. Diet soda has to be a lifesaver for that group of people.

4 regular sodas have 120 grams of sugar and an almost equal amount of garbage simple carbohydrates.

The sugar in soda is the garbage simple carbohydrates. Soda addiction? There are no addictive substances in soda.

The sugar in soda is the garbage simple carbohydrates. Soda addiction? There are no addictive substances in soda.

Why does your first sentence mirror mine! Sugar and heated artificial fats are the catalyst for heart disease.

Caffeine and Sugar are highly addictive. The addictive qualities come from the hormonal changes the above substances cause in the body.

http://www.sfn.org/index.cfm?pagename=brainBriefings_sugarAddiction

Vegetarianism is nonsensical! I use to be apart of your cult, brother. I broke free!

The biggest threat to meat eaters isn't heart disease, it is the lack of quality free range grass fed cattle/ poultry. Instead, our local grocer stocks overly drugged up bred to slaughter pseudo-meat. Your veggies suffer a similar fate!

Beer is garbage!

Milk is for baby cows!

Why does your first sentence mirror mine! Sugar and heated artificial fats are the catalyst for heart disease.

Caffeine and Sugar are highly addictive. The addictive qualities come from the hormonal changes the above substances cause in the body.

http://www.sfn.org/index.cfm?pagename=brainBriefings_sugarAddiction

Vegetarianism is nonsensical! I use to be apart of your cult, brother. I broke free!

The biggest threat to meat eaters isn't heart disease, it is the lack of quality free range grass fed cattle/ poultry. Instead, our local grocer stocks overly drugged up bred to slaughter pseudo-meat. Your veggies suffer a similar fate!

Beer is garbage!

Milk is for baby cows!

You implied that there were other carbohydrates in soda other than the refined sugars. I was clarifying.

I wasn't aware of that study about sugar. I wonder if anything has been followed up on in the last 4 years since that came out. Those results don't claim that sugar is "highly addictive". People that drink multiple sodas a day could easily cut back if they just didn't have access to them. Stop buying them and you will drink less. Its not that they are so drawn to the sugar in soda. They could get that sugar in other foods.

Caffeine is not addictive. Animals do not self administer caffeine.

Organic vegetables are fine. Conventional vegetables are still considerably healthier than a meat/fat based diet. Free range animals do have less fat than grain fed, but they still have high levels of cholesterol(and obviously more fat than a vegetarian diet).

Just because you couldn't stay vegetarian doesn't make it wrong...

Bronco Billy

250000 Lite Beers....

Alcohol has more calories per gram than carbohydrates. If you are serious about weight loss, you will cut out alcohol. Everything but skim milk is high in fat. Skim milk still has the problem of cholesterol though.

I Don't Drink Milk or Lite Beer or any Alcohol..... Pre a 1/1/2 Years Ago I drank a Quarter of a Million Lite Beers Over the Years..... I was Wondering if it Killed Me..... You Seem to Know Everything.... That's Why I Asked......:cool: Most Lite Beers Have 5 Grams Carbs..... So in My Narrow Way of thinking it Ain't Gonna Hurt You One Bit....... Cheers.....:)

I Don't Drink Milk or Lite Beer or any Alcohol..... Pre a 1/1/2 Years Ago I drank a Quarter of a Million Lite Beers Over the Years..... I was Wondering if it Killed Me..... You Seem to Know Everything.... That's Why I Asked......:cool: Most Lite Beers Have 5 Grams Carbs..... So in My Narrow Way of thinking it Ain't Gonna Hurt You One Bit....... Cheers.....:)

That probably contributed to your lack of weight loss. Take a look at your beer's label. Carbohydrates have 4 calories per gram(so 20 calories per lite beer). The rest of the calories from the beer are from alcohol(7 calories per gram). So a low carb beer doesn't mean its low calorie.

So yes, in your narrow way of thinking, where total calories don't seem to matter, it won't affect your weight loss/gain :confused:

As for your pre-diet drinking, your brain is probably lost some mass today because of that. Nothing you can do about that now though...

Bronco Billy

Atkin's Rules

That probably contributed to your lack of weight loss. Take a look at your beer's label. Carbohydrates have 4 calories per gram(so 20 calories per lite beer). The rest of the calories from the beer are from alcohol(7 calories per gram). So a low carb beer doesn't mean its low calorie.

So yes, in your narrow way of thinking, where total calories don't seem to matter, it won't affect your weight loss/gain :confused:

As for your pre-diet drinking, your brain is probably lost some mass today because of that. Nothing you can do about that now though...

Lite Beer has 5 grams Carbs and 100 calories a Can and is about 5% Alcohol the rest is Water...... I Don't have a Weight Problem... I am Never Hungary and Eat like a King...... I've been on Atkins for 8 Years.... Pre 2000 I was on the Food Pyramid..... I weighed 250# and drank a case(24 Cans) of Coors Lite a Day.... You would Never Know it if you didn't Smell the Beer...... After the First Year of Atkins Still drinking a Case of Lite Coors a Day I went down to 210# and Stayed There..... 1 1/2 Years Ago I Quit the Beer for the Hell of it and went real fast down to 190#s and Stayed There.... As far as the Brain Mass Goes I suggest that You Stay Off the Booze......:D

Status
Not open for further replies.