For all those that share Brian's "50 lb. goal" in 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

lia41985

The trail-making test consists of tracing a line between numbers in ascending numerical order. The numbers are, of course, arranged randomly so as to require scanning.

Everyone do yourself a favor, and read this essay: http://www.arthurdevany.com/webstuff/images/RevisedEssay.pdf[/QUOTE]

"In short, live, eat, work and play like it is 40,000 BC while you enjoy what the modern world has to offer. Take care of that hunter-gatherer mind and body that you carry in that pinstriped suit."......:eek:

Ps. This is a Quote from the Conclusion of the Posted Link......
Yes it is...what's your point?

Bronco Billy

Two Birds with One Stone.....

Lol Taubes looks like Clooney in an old folks home next to those birds.

Actually the Two Birds are Surprisingly Skinny Considering the Way they Eat.... Ornish's got a Nice Short Afro.... the Other Birds got a Q-Tip....Have a Great Day with Your New Found Knowledge.......:)

[/COLOR]
You are Somewhat Well Known in the Bike/Trike World and have a Website(s).... Correct? I Hope You are Feeling Well and Have Your Weight Under Control.....:)

??? I am not well known in any world. Never had a weight issue either. In fact I am one of the people that can eat anything and not gain much weight.

The trail-making test consists of tracing a line between numbers in ascending numerical order. The numbers are, of course, arranged randomly so as to require scanning.

Everyone do yourself a favor, and read this essay: http://www.arthurdevany.com/webstuff/images/RevisedEssay.pdf[/QUOTE]

"In short, live, eat, work and play like it is 40,000 BC while you enjoy what the modern world has to offer. Take care of that hunter-gatherer mind and body that you carry in that pinstriped suit."......:eek:

Ps. This is a Quote from the Conclusion of the Posted Link......

Why limit yourself to how prehistoric humans ate? They ate what they could. If they could kill an animal they were going to eat it because thats what was available. Its not like they could go to the market and buy a steak. It was probably impossible for them to overeat, just like it is for most wild animals. Modern people aren't hunter-gatherers. We are only gatherers from the supermarket. If people only ate the animal products that they hunted themselves, they would be in much better health.

lia41985

Why limit yourself to how prehistoric humans ate? They ate what they could. If they could kill an animal they were going to eat it because thats what was available. Its not like they could go to the market and buy a steak. It was probably impossible for them to overeat, just like it is for most wild animals. Modern people aren't hunter-gatherers. We are only gatherers from the supermarket. If people only ate the animal products that they hunted themselves, they would be in much better health.
Because meat, plants (fruits, vegetables), and nuts were what humans were evolved to eat...Read the paper...

If humans evolved to eat meat, then why don't we have sharp teeth for tearing meat like other carnivores do(i.e. the huge canine teeth of cats and dogs?)

great video. It is 59 minutes of Taubes making ridiculous claims that are unsubstantiated followed by substantiated rebuttals from actual medical doctors/scientists. The bottom line is that the Ornish diet has been PROVEN to REVERSE heart disease in peer-reviewed studies, while there has not been one study done by the Atkins camp that has been published in a peer reviewed journal.

Bronco Billy

Taubes Ebook-Spin It .....

great video. It is 59 minutes of Taubes making ridiculous claims that are unsubstantiated followed by substantiated rebuttals from actual medical doctors/scientists. The bottom line is that the Ornish diet has been PROVEN to REVERSE heart disease in peer-reviewed studies, while there has not been one study done by the Atkins camp that has been published in a peer reviewed journal.

Future/Past..... Get Taubes Ebook if you haven't Already then Cut and Paste etc...... A Lot of terrific Studies in it that He Uses to Prove His Position..... You Could Twist/UnTwist/Spin the Studies to Substantiate Your Position..... Have a Great Day.....:)

Bronco Billy

Adverse Positions.....

The irony in that statement is undeniable.

Isn't Though..... I've seen the Same Studies Proving Adverse Points in Many Disciplines..... It's Funny that You and I are so Far apart and so Fixed in Our Positions in this Debate that there is No Fight.... We will Both Fight to the End to Defend Our Positions.... So the Only Option is to Coexist.....I Hate the Chicken Sh*ts that Do Half of Each of the Diets thinking they will get the Best of Both..... Doing This CS Behavior is Why They are Fat Guys..... Have a Great Day..........:)

The bottom line is that the Ornish diet has been PROVEN to REVERSE heart disease in peer-reviewed studies

His diet is great for people with heart disease. I'm for any solution that doesn't deal with giving more money to pharmaceutical companies. He makes the point that Atkins is great for losing weight, but you are mortgaging your health. That statement is a huge "it depends." I think there's a healthy and unhealthy way to follow a high fat/protein low carb diet. His picture of the atkins diet follower's heart is anything but conclusive. The stat and sourcing peer-reviewed journal game to shun HFP/LC isn't going to yield the truth. The truth will come from more long-term research on high fat/ high protein. As of now, we don't have enough data.

Humans do not have huge shearing teeth like other animals because we have hands! Matter of fact, your use of that is just a simple circular argument. Our digestive system is designed to survive off of a variety of food, which is the ultimate survival mechanism.

This video blew my mind away:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDFh5JdYh7I

I said it earlier, meat (*fish*) and veggies. No man-made BS!

Today is day three of my attempt to last 30days with zero carbs. I am eating only Salmon and Albacore tuna. Is supplementing with psyllium husk is cheating.

His diet is great for people with heart disease. I'm for any solution that doesn't deal with giving more money to pharmaceutical companies. He makes the point that Atkins is great for losing weight, but you are mortgaging your health. That statement is a huge "it depends." I think there's a healthy and unhealthy way to follow a high fat/protein low carb diet. His picture of the atkins diet follower's heart is anything but conclusive. The stat and sourcing peer-reviewed journal game to shun HFP/LC isn't going to yield the truth. The truth will come from more long-term research on high fat/ high protein. As of now, we don't have enough data.

Humans do not have huge shearing teeth like other animals because we have hands! Matter of fact, your use of that is just a simple circular argument. Our digestive system is designed to survive off of a variety of food, which is the ultimate survival mechanism.

Today is day three of my attempt to last 30days with zero carbs. I am eating only Salmon and Albacore tuna. Is supplementing with psyllium husk is cheating.

The point is that there are NO studies showing ANY long term benefits of high fat/protein low carb diets. This style of diet isn't new, theres no reason(except because they know the results will be bad) that these studies shouldn't have been done already.

How much mercury are you planning on ingesting during your month long experiment?

I am not concerned with mercury or PCB. I've read everything about it, and have used fish as my staple (purposely not using diet) before. I am so over fear...Completely.

Interesting quote from the American Diabetes Association about the benefits of induction. In all honesty they give a mixed message on their recommended diet. They are all for carb counting, but still promote grain products and have a book on how to count carbs ??WTF

http://www.diabeteshealth.com/read/2006/04/01/4560.html

One study funded by the American Diabetes Association that was published in the June 2004 issue of Diabetes demonstrated that even in the first two weeks, there was a 70 percent improvement in insulin sensitivity. Blood glucose, cholesterol, triglycerides and A1C also improved. By staying with Atkins induction longer, you can experience further improvements in a number of lab values.

I am not concerned with mercury or PCB. I've read everything about it, and have used fish as my staple (purposely not using diet) before. I am so over fear...Completely.

Just like cigarette smokers don't worry about the long-term effects of tobacco and nicotine, even though they have been proven. You don't have the excuse of being addicted to fish though.

Bronco Billy

Zero Carbs.....

You Dead Yet.... Brain Damaged.... You Better Have a Banana and a Glass of OJ........

Status
Not open for further replies.