Golf Channel Contest Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are some well done recent entries. Mark Immelman (yup) has an impressive video, and I liked Mike Malaska too. It's going to be a tough job to narrow the field to four.

I enjoyed Mike Malaska's vid. Not sure about Mark Immelmans's though,

Guy called Martin Chuck had a decent one too... and Michael Jacobs...

What I don't understand is why some weeble called Tracey Roberts has 578 votes...

Mike Malaska's video put me to sleep... it was like a dissertation on his life experiences in golf and his view of the golf swing. Ugh. Then the tips at the end really weren't that great. He also seemed to boil everything down to being in the camp of the "fitness enabled swing"... ie "you can't swing like the pros, because you don't have their fitness, so golf will be solved by you getting in shape".

Immelman's was professionally done. Solid production, though I question the ending with him missing the quarter. Funny as a blooper reel, but not as the actual submission. Now I know a drill to frustrate the hell out of some friends at the practice green.

The one that had me rolling laughing was Matt Fisher (the guy who related everything to lower body action). I must have said aloud "is this guy serious?!" about 5 or 6 times. No, better make that 10 or 12 times. That video was out of control... and not in a good way.

dbl

New
Roberts is in my area and has sent out an email to all his friends - coaches a local high school team. Also does a golf radio show and is in some local mag, I think. He's the one I mentioned 2 weeks ago. My wife got the email from a friend of hers...so they get passed around.

Last edited:
I think the guys who obviously went through a production company may have a leg down on the guys that just present in front of cameras. How much of it is the presenter and how much is it the production? Production quality is not one of the judging factors and some of the judges may grade the presenter down I think.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
What they were looking for....

I don;t have ANY IDEA what the Golf Channel is looking for as far as the CONTENT of a video submission, but....

I have done quite of bit of professional Tv work, and I can tell you you have to be able to do and opening and a close, and you have to be able to "be liked" by the camera. The "TRICK" of having the longer segment the length they requested is that it is about the same length of a spot between commercials.

If you can't do a "run-on sentence" of that length, they figure you can't do a show in the "Golf Fix" format.

wow

no brian i dont think you do realize it......i was just making a comment.....

relax bman i am on your side......

geeeeez

Mike Malaska's video put me to sleep... it was like a dissertation on his life experiences in golf and his view of the golf swing. Ugh. Then the tips at the end really weren't that great. He also seemed to boil everything down to being in the camp of the "fitness enabled swing"... ie "you can't swing like the pros, because you don't have their fitness, so golf will be solved by you getting in shape".

Immelman's was professionally done. Solid production, though I question the ending with him missing the quarter. Funny as a blooper reel, but not as the actual submission. Now I know a drill to frustrate the hell out of some friends at the practice green.

The one that had me rolling laughing was Matt Fisher (the guy who related everything to lower body action). I must have said aloud "is this guy serious?!" about 5 or 6 times. No, better make that 10 or 12 times. That video was out of control... and not in a good way.

The more and more I watch these videos, the more and more I understand why handicaps are not getting better. You have Fisher talking about lower body action and then you have Sue Kaffenburgh from Cape Cod, MA, saying to fire the hands first and the body follows. It's a shame.

ISLAND....

HANDS?? LOWER BODY?? SHOULDER FIRST....TAKE IT INSIDE??

everyone (well not everyone) but most teachers teach what THEY are themselves working on

or read in Gold Digest last night....One thing only a fool underestimates his or her competition

and 1 more thing before i have a bite of lunch....i am very disappointed in this forum.....why???

the last time i looked over 7000 views......and not yet 300 likes.......thats just not right

the man busts his chops.....eATS SLEEPS AND DRINKS GOLF...........and asks for a little help

not fair...just not fair......he helps all of us.....we have a chance to help him and we just SIT there

hey jackarnie YOU TALKING TO ME??

YEAHHHH IM TALKING TO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

since i have vented let me finish with this.......you think i am protecting or promoting Brian... maybe

BUT.....he and i are really not friends.....in fact (altho he doesnt say it) he probably thinks i am a pain

in the === ......which i am sure most of you do as well..which is ok....

my parents and (gosh i miss them) taught me to always be honest and fair......Brian and i

are not friends, but he is a knowledgeable and deserves a BREAK.......

thats it.....have a good day..and remember GO BUCS

Last edited:

Jwat

New
HANDS?? LOWER BODY?? SHOULDER FIRST....TAKE IT INSIDE??

everyone (well not everyone) but most teachers teach what THEY are themselves working on

or read in Gold Digest last night....One thing only a fool underestimates his or her competition

and 1 more thing before i have a bite of lunch....i am very disappointed in this forum.....why???

the last time i looked over 7000 views......and not yet 300 likes.......thats just not right

the man busts his chops.....eATS SLEEPS AND DRINKS GOLF...........and asks for a little help

not fair...just not fair......he helps all of us.....we have a chance to help him and we just SIT there

hey jackarnie YOU TALKING TO ME??

YEAHHHH IM TALKING TO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

since i have vented let me finish with this.......you think i am protecting or promoting Brian... maybe

BUT.....he and i are really not friends.....in fact (altho he doesnt say it) he probably thinks i am a pain

in the === ......which i am sure most of you do as well..which is ok....

my parents and (gosh i miss them) taught me to always be honest and fair......Brian and i

are not friends, but he is a knowledgeable and deserves a BREAK.......

thats it.....have a good day..and remember GO BUCS

Dude, you have got to be the most annoying person to post on this forum. You never help anyone and you never really talk golf mechanics. Your like the ugly cheerleader in school shouting front and center. GO BUCS - lol

Status
Not open for further replies.