Hands too far forward?

Status
Not open for further replies.
To answer Redgoat's question, in a CF Swing, with an inert left arm and tension-free wrists, it is impossible to get the hands too far forward. The player should only be concerned about getting them far enough forward using the pivot and gravity.

quote:Originally posted by MizunoJoe

To answer Redgoat's question, in a CF Swing, with an inert left arm and tension-free wrists, it is impossible to get the hands too far forward. The player should only be concerned about getting them far enough forward using the pivot and gravity.

Agreed -- with the assumption that Ball position is reasonable (not opposite Right Foot!).

This was a good topic...

I think:

Generally, the more Lag the better...so long as you have Axis Tilt (i.e. you haven't moved your head forward and are now hitting a 10-feet-off-the-ground pull-hook in an effort to Lag it and get the clubshaft leaning forward).....

.....and so long as you aren't doing it because you have to do it because your clubface control is so bad....i.e. clubface closed....swing to the right.....

....although, it works for some guys.....Trevino for one.....prolly top-5 iron player of all time.

Question though- I'm not to familliar with Trevino's driving ability....I assume he was a good, accurate driver.....but not long and accurate at the same time (like a Greg Norman, Sergio, Hogan)....anyone?

One more thing that comes to mind is that ppl will mostly have more forward lean with a short iron than a driver or long iron.....cause the ball's more forward, for one....and cause they don't want to hit long clubs too low.....I have a feeling there's other reasons too....

And- who knows.....maybe Goosen coulda been #1 in Total Driving instead of 8th......maybe he could NOT play that pull-draw......or maybe you wouldn't want to mess with it....dunno.

....I've heard of more guys getting worse from getting "de-Lagged" than guys getting more Lag. Unless someone can fill me in on something I don't know...? (seriously)

Some guys make it work.....having earlier Releases, that is.....

I think Brian made a good point though, talking about teaching beginners to have Lag.

Flat left wrist at Impact really is "the secret"....very JUSTLY called that in TGM, BTW. That's why all he has to work on with David Toms is Plane and some clubface control....he already HAS Lag.....this means so much....Educated Hands.

"Why would you ever teach anyone to have LESS Lag?"...

...you can always just fix their clubface control and get them to keep their heads back....de-Lag? Blasphemy.

Status
Not open for further replies.