Hands too far forward?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Andrade won several of the "Skills Challenge" competitions, INCLUDING the long drive phase in at least one of them. He is 5'8" and very slender with small arms - one of the physically weakest players on tour, if not the weakest. Without a maximum delay, snap release, Billy would never have made it.

The majority of Tour players I see at impact have a flat left wrist and their hands are ahead of the ball about even with their left leg. That is my observation.

quote:Originally posted by southpaw

Which is what Redgoat teaches, btw. He's just noting that extremes in either direction are not optimum.

Hey hey, finally someone else that can see it! This is what I have been trying get across. I whole heartedly agree with many of the concepts of TGM as I am sure Brady does as well. But if you so much as question anything, you are lableled a kook who doesnt believe in lag. :(

I don't think extremes in either direction are optimum, however, I would rather have an extreme amount of lag and extreme forward hands than a backwards leaning shaft and a cupped left wrist.

I may be mistaken on this, but I beleive Homer Kelley himself said that lag was a QUALITY, not a QUANTITY.

again, doesn't Gring GSED teach Faxon?

Is what he is teaching excessive or what? Faxon looks visually good but the results are not the same.

faxon and jim hardy....

and fan...you're not a kook......

ben doyle was asked if you can have too much lag...his respone "can you have too much love?'......
i believe that you can have too much over acceleration ........and add too much right arm thrust (hitting) and have the hands to far forward....

the point is that if you're gonna error on one side...error on the faxon side...i believe everyone would agree with that

i was standing next to jim hardy at #6 at augusta when faxon came over and asked for a "5 hole evaluation"...during a practice round of course

i heard him talk in 1992, i think.....if i remember correctly he actually discussed mechanics during his talk...unlike the 80 other speakers at the teaching summits before or since (with a few exceptions)....can't really evaluate his teaching because i don't know enough about it....

i'm fairly sure brian would have a comment or ten.....

rcw

New
Ron,

How have you been? I met you at VJ Trolios place in Old Waverly. I was wondering what you worked on with Jerry Pate. I saw him on playing lessons and I think he was talking about swinging left and covering the ball, not sure.

Chris Wertz

In relation to the low point in the arc, Mr. Kelley said that it was located directly below and opposite the left shoulder (at impact). It would make sense that you would want more shaft lean with the short irons and less with the driver.
Can your hands be too far forward? It would depend upon what type of ball flight you are trying to produce. But Mr. Kelley was very specific about having different shaft angles for different lofted clubs at impact due to the weight of the ball driving the short irons downward and the longer clubs backward.

I have been doing great. Working very hard. We are in the process of installing a 3-Dimensional Diagnostics facility along with the construction of a facility in Point Clear Alabama at the Grand Hotel.
It is remarkable that the all the biomechanical testing over the past 5 years or so has only been additional proof that Mr. Kelley's work was absolutely correct. As he said, "I want all of you to understand the sheer indistructablity of these principles."

quote:Originally posted by brianman

It is Sooooooooooooo obvious to any AI woth his or her salt.

Homer was a Genius.

Now that Basic Motion Curriculum.......

What about the Basic Motion Curriculum, Brian?

Status
Not open for further replies.