Hitting It Good Lately...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am playing like sh!t but my range sessions have been REALLY good. Kevin's "wipe the table" idea has helped me immensely.
Good to hear guys are playing so well.

I've been there....

Hi mate, your range game will cross over to the course....you have to let it.... I think of it as pushing at an open door.....you will suddenly realise soon that there is nothing to do or change for it to happen, but you may have to do a few things to realise this. That sounds a bit weird but your swing is your swing, it doesn't magically change.....you just need to get that range swing, and then use it in a golf course situation

To realise that, I did, and do the following...may not workf or you...

Just make sure you have some range sessions (or the last 10-20 balls) where you hit balls at the speed and pace you would on the course, doing something like changing club and target every ball, hitting one every 5 minutes, skills tests etc etc make stuff like that up.

I also put the balls in their basket at least 10 feet away from the bay so I had to go and get another one. Make sure on the way to the basket and back you have a plan for this shot.

This will ensure your mechanics/good swings cross over to your on course routine and rhythm...

Loads of players get a good scrape and hit rhythm going on the range.....It just doesn't represent golf on a course.

3 weeks ago I bent my sh!t to 62 degrees PW progressing sequentially on down (1/4 inch long) and I'm 6'3 with gator arms. They were 3 degrees more upright than they are today and I am hitting it very straight as well

++

ditto on going flatter with the lie angles and straighter with the shots. I gained around 5-8 yards throughout the set after I bent mine. Also went with 62 degrees in the PW sequentially on down (standard length) but I'm 5'10 with monkey arms.

Status
Not open for further replies.