Is It a Necessary Condition for the Hands/Arm to Slow(Brake) for a Release to Occur..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guitar Hero

You mean less than 90 degrees open, not maintaining squareness (I'd like to see a photo of you at the top of a backswing with a driver with 0 degrees open, if that's your claim). Less open is what many teachers teach people who over-rotate or have a need for that in their pattern, right? That doesn't seem earth-shattering.

If you look at the club head path and arc and forget about this shaft plane line stuff you will see what Billy is saying is correct and can be done. That is an easy way to keep the sweet spot in one of the balanced positions throughout the swing. Just look at the club head path and arc and you will see it. You look at what the club head is doing in 3-D and never the shaft.

If you look at the club head path and arc and forget about this shaft plane line stuff you will see what Billy is saying is correct and can be done. That is an easy way to keep the sweet spot in one of the balanced positions throughout the swing. Just look at the club head path and arc and you will see it. You look at what the club head is doing in 3-D and never the shaft.

Oh, I know the club can be less open than 90 degrees (and certainly less open than the hacker who opens the face 140 degrees). I get it and have done it. I just don't think "0" is possible on a full driver swing.

I'm just trying to pull the curtain back on some of the the people who like to allude to secret knowledge and expecting that when see the secrets described in print, they'll seem surprisingly mundane and every day.

Guitar Hero

Shaft Plane

Oh, I know the club can be less open than 90 degrees (and certainly less open than the hacker who opens the face 140 degrees). I get it and have done it. I just don't think "0" is possible on a full driver swing.

I'm just trying to pull the curtain back on some of the the people who like to allude to secret knowledge and expecting that when see the secrets described in print, they'll seem surprisingly mundane and every day.

The balance of the sweet spot goes from 5 degrees closed to 5 degrees open to the sweet spot path. Pros swing in that range of 3 degrees closed to 3 degrees open to the sweet spot path all the time.

It is all about how you see and what is really going on with the club face movement.

With 2-D and plane lines they are use 45 degrees and 90 degrees to the shaft plane line.

Forget about the shaft plane line and start looking at the sweet spot path and arc and you will see this can be done and how much more precise your impact alignments will be.

The balance of the sweet spot goes from 5 degrees closed to 5 degrees open to the sweet spot path. Pros swing in that range of 3 degrees closed to 3 degrees open to the sweet spot path all the time.

It is all about how you see and what is really going on with the club face movement.

With 2-D and plane lines they are use 45 degrees and 90 degrees to the shaft plane line.

Forget about the shaft plane line and start looking at the sweet spot path and arc and you will see this can be done and how much more precise your impact alignments will be.

GH-

Interesting comments. I've read some of your other comments on this before.

You mean clubface on a pro player stays squarer to a sweet spot arc than on lesser players? Is that true on both the backswing arc and donwswing arc when the sweetspot paths are markedly different back and down for some swings?

Isn't the clubface in 3-D space at the top of the backswing when the toe hangs down and face is open 90 degrees to shaft plane, facing many degrees open or closed to sweetspot path? I mean sweetspot path isn't that far off shaft plane, right?

Last edited:

Bronco Billy

Very Interesting....

Well John.... It Took a 3D Machine for You to Finally Believe in CR....Hey Niblick... Sure There is More to CR than my Simple Explanation.... But I Think You Get the Idea... Try CR and it Will Teach You more about a World Class Golf BackSwing than I Can in a Paragraph... In Any Event Have a Great Day....:)

Well John.... It Took a 3D Machine for You to Finally Believe in CR....Hey Niblick... Sure There is More to CR than my Simple Explanation.... But I Think You Get the Idea... Try CR and it Will Teach You more about a World Class Golf BackSwing than I Can in a Paragraph... In Any Event Have a Great Day....:)

Oh, I'm having a great day! So far, I've learned some people need to have a less open clubfaces and to do that they need to counter-rotate. Shocking! :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.