Jamie S. 6 dof-3d

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two days ago, I asked the following question:

Did Brian provide answers to these questions in the video above? It would be nice if someone could provide a quick summary so I don't have to sit through the entire 33 minutes and try to pick the answers out.

Wow

Brian Manzella

Administrator
<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/57631397" width="500" height="281" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe>

Nice ipso facto contribution there Lifter.

Awesome video Brian. You could've simply ignored the whole Sadlowski debate and just pointed to the worlds #1 player and his backward moving hips but that would have been too easy. It is so much more fun to meet them on their terms, prove your points, and then tell them I told you so.

Underplane Syndrome

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/57631397" width="500" height="281" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe>

Thanks, Brian, that video provides a lot for me to chew on. Looking forward to giving it some more thought. Not clear yet that much of this material applies to my particular swing.

Here's one question: a lot of good players fight "underplane syndrome" on the downswing and their misses tend to be impacts that are too shallow. Could "slow down your hips" apply to many of these players?

Because my intuition tells me that it wouldn't. Seems to me that this type of player would need to rotate more rapidly to help them "swing left." But maybe I'm picturing this wrong.......

Dude seriously.

You obviously didn't take the time to watch the first (lengthy) video he made for you.

Take the time, stop wasting ours.

Thanks, Brian, that video provides a lot for me to chew on. Looking forward to giving it some more thought. Not clear yet that much of this material applies to my particular swing.

Here's one question: a lot of good players fight "underplane syndrome" on the downswing and their misses tend to be impacts that are too shallow. Could "slow down your hips" apply to many of these players?

Because my intuition tells me that it wouldn't. Seems to me that this type of player would need to rotate more rapidly to help them "swing left." But maybe I'm picturing this wrong.......

I would stop thinking about the hip turn and work on more positive beta torque on the club sooner which would feel like hitting yourself in the wee-wee with the left hand or butt of the club.

Oh, but you can't right side bend too early when you do this.

Last edited:
Dude seriously.

You obviously didn't take the time to watch the first (lengthy) video he made for you.

Take the time, stop wasting ours.

Please accept my apology for offending you, magicmarker. I personally just have never had much success thinking about rapidly rotating my hips or torso through the ball. However, I have frequently had success trying to "swing left." So I'm curious what effect trying to "swing left" can have the hip, torso and other body movements.

I would stop thinking about the hip turn and work on more positive beta torque on the club sooner which would feel like hitting yourself in the wee-wee with the left hand or butt of the club.

Oh, but you can't right side bend too early when you do this.

Thanks for the pointer, spktho. My misses tend to be fat and/or pushes so this might help a lot.

I'm in no way offended, promise. It just seemed like you were deliberately skipping class and then waiting outside the room to find out what you missed...

The first video was really really good. The fact that it was that long AND it was completely free was a gift, be more thankful and appreciative instead of complaining about how long it was. He could've charged for it and it would've been worth every minute.

Your question is EXTREMELY subject dependent. Because all of the variables in the equation belong to the individual golfer... and every golfer is different. All of them. So the effects you are curious about would literally fill the spectrum of possibilities.

The best advice I can give you is to BUILD ON the SUCCESS you are having with swinging left, stop worrying about how your body is being affected by swinging left. Thinking like that is the easiest way to hit it better and score worse. Turn your focus from your body to the what the club did or didn't do, what the ball did or didn't do. Remember you can swing more left by changing your body's motion OR by changing your grip-setup-alignments which wouldn't affect your hip, torso or other body movement AT ALL.

Appreciate the advice, magicmarker, thanks. Just to reiterate, though, I was trying to ask a conceptual question: if, at impact, your path heads well to the right, does that mean that you tend to have slower hip rotation? And vice versa? Or am I looking at this wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.