Manzella "Easy Does It" Pattern...

Status
Not open for further replies.

joep

New
Joe, it must be the name"joe" caus I`m in the same boat as you I`m 76 started when I was 60. In good shape for my age very active been 14 handicap for yrs now completely lost with my swing trying the new release. Brian or mike will staighten me out, hopfully..

Perhaps some of the other members of the Manzella Staff could join-in here and offer some advice for us ol' boys?

Anyone....

I'll have to admit, the "Coupling Point/Lined-Up/Well-Timed Release" is easier on my body. It seems to ease the torquing on the lower back.

Brian... could the "Well-Timed" release be helpful as a component of the "Easy Does It Pattern"?

Last edited:

Jared Willerson

Super Moderator
Perhaps some of the other members of the Manzella Staff could join-in here and offer some advice for us ol' boys?

Anyone....

I'll have to admit, the "Coupling Point/Lined-Up/Well-Timed Release" is easier on my body. It seems to ease the torquing on the lower back.

Brian... could the "Well-Timed" release be helpful as a component of the "Easy Does It Pattern"?

Yes.

Now we're rollin...

Thanks Jared... now we're rollin:D

Would the set-up/posture/backswing described by Brian in NHA 2.0 be a good model for the older, less flexible golfer?

Last edited:

Jared Willerson

Super Moderator
Thanks Jared... now we're rollin:D

Would the set-up/posture/backswing described by Brian in NHA 2.0 be a good model for the older, less flexible golfer?

I wouldn't think so. The NHA model is all about catching the drop. The new release is about using the right forces on the club. They would seem incompatible to me.

Modifications for a less flexible golfer would come from less turn, so the trick would be using the toss at the right time. Assuming the left arm only gets parallel to the ground on the back swing, the out toss will feel like it needs to happen as soon as the left arm reaches this position. From there you are just going normal.

Posture and setup would be nearly the same as in the release video.

Could Brian be talking about maintaining posture during the backswing, specifically the level of the head?

Does anyone know the trick/secret:confused:

I believe Brian is talking about the ability to get rid of the forward bend and get some back extension on the downswing. He references this during one of his latest video posts. I can't remember which one.

I believe Brian is talking about the ability to get rid of the forward bend and get some back extension on the downswing. He references this during one of his latest video posts. I can't remember which one.

Thanks Shawn... I'll see if I can find it.

I rememder a BManz post where he talks about his dad, who was asking him some questions like mine. I believe he told he told him in an around-about way to increase his axis tilt... "tilt his teacup".

Maybe something about trying to hit a high shot with his body and a low shot with his hands. Hmmmm...

I wouldn't think so. The NHA model is all about catching the drop. The new release is about using the right forces on the club. They would seem incompatible to me.

Modifications for a less flexible golfer would come from less turn, so the trick would be using the toss at the right time. Assuming the left arm only gets parallel to the ground on the back swing, the out toss will feel like it needs to happen as soon as the left arm reaches this position. From there you are just going normal.

Posture and setup would be nearly the same as in the release video.

Thanks again... you're right, that makes a lot of sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.