My least favorite major

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are not even able to do your homework. It is pathetic what you write. Let the rest be silence. :(

Dariusz, when I wrote:

"Jack is one of the most gracious guys when speaking in public. In private? He's a little less adulatory."

What do you think that means? What can you deduce from those words? What do you think is the
underlying requisite for those words to be true??

Last edited:

Dariusz J.

ha... rightio, i'll bite...

my point wasn't to participate in the Polish Guru of Golf's History exam... my point was merely to suggest that taking what Jack says about the hierarchy of golfing greatness (including the only facet you deem worthy of discussion: ballstriking abilty) at face value, is folly... as he will exclude a fairly important piece.. himself.

So... now that i have spelled out my point for you... do you agree with it?

Remember, just my point... not anything else your paranoid brain may think i am inferring... such as Mr. Hogan is not champion of the universe.... just that using Jack's comments of other players is not solid 'historical' evidence.

Capiche?

ROFL. One more question, since you're unable to answer easy questions -- what's your IQ ?

Dariusz, when I wrote:

"Jack is one of the most gracious guys when speaking in public. In private? He's a little less adulatory."

What do you think that means? What can you deduce from those words? What do you think is the
underlying requisite for those words to be true??

Ahhhh....so you know that noone in public knows what's really in Nicklaus's mind. ROFL. He's a public egocentric jealous liar, this is what you
want to say ? Say it loudly then -- Nicklaus thinks he's the best in ballstriking art by far, and Hogan was nobody comparing to him. Say it aloud here. This will boost your credibility as hell.

And what about other points you were so eager to comment and ridicule my post? Silence ? What a loser you are.

For those keeping track, the only argument Dariusz has ever lost was against himself! Through sheer attrition he was the only one left willing to both listen to and refute his own arguments. :D

FYI Dariusz, just being the loudest doesn't make you the smartest.

ROFL. One more question, since you're unable to answer easy questions -- what's your IQ ?

Probably just a shade over your bodyweight... which, odd as it may seem, still doesn't appear high enough to enable me to understand the correlation between said IQ and Jack's public musings about his peers as empirical ballstriking data.

Please sir, show me what i am missing.

ej20

New
Hogan had a great swing but it wasn't perfect.He had a hook problem which he fixed with a weak grip and perhaps some other "opening" components.A weak grip and other opening components can wreck the average player.He also worked on his game harder than anyone in history bar perhaps Moe Norman which explains their consistency.Hogan said himself that he outworked his opponents and that he loved to practice anyway.

Anyone hanging on to Hogan to sell their theories should be ashamed of themselves.

dbl

New
Dariusz,

Come on, stick to your main overall point. You believe Macro scale setups and motions can be optimized and Hogan did those best in your opinion. His being a great ball striker is a secondary measure. Some day you (or others) may find a few other golfers with GREAT macro scale setups and motions, but who's ball striking or scoring is "poor" by comparison to the field. Making or insisting that BH is some Macro scale AND performance god seems to be forcing "extra" luster on the Macro side. The correlation between the two is probably not high as you might think, and the measure of either but particularly the second has some subjective components.

Dariusz J.

For those keeping track, the only argument Dariusz has ever lost was against himself! Through sheer attrition he was the only one left willing to both listen to and refute his own arguments. :D

FYI Dariusz, just being the loudest doesn't make you the smartest.

You might think I am the loudest only because I am surrounded by opponents with NO VALID ARGUMENTS, while these who think similarily prefer to remain silent. I am not a person who's going to be quiet by insane arguments.

Probably just a shade over your bodyweight... which, odd as it may seem, still doesn't appear high enough to enable me to understand the correlation between said IQ and Jack's public musings about his peers as empirical ballstriking data.

Please sir, show me what i am missing.

What you're missing is answering the following question - explicite - how one can say Nicklaus is humble when he answers ad hoc "no, no -- easily Hogan" for the question "Do you think Woods is the best ballstriker ever ?". Usually, every sane person answers what he really thinks. Think, then respond.

Dariusz,

It is way past getting old.

What's the point of making your forever unprovable point forever?

Well, and what's the point of even more unprovable points that are NOT SUPPORTED by historical facts ? Such as widely known quotes of the greats ? Answer this, Brian. I am at least, supported by such facts.

Hogan had a great swing but it wasn't perfect.He had a hook problem which he fixed with a weak grip and perhaps some other "opening" components.A weak grip and other opening components can wreck the average player.He also worked on his game harder than anyone in history bar perhaps Moe Norman which explains their consistency.Hogan said himself that he outworked his opponents and that he loved to practice anyway.

Anyone hanging on to Hogan to sell their theories should be ashamed of themselves.

Yes, but the point is not who outworked who, but who's the best ballstriker. What you said is true, Hogan did not have the best natural swing, but he worked his ass to have such. He himself admitted many times that Snead had much better base, i.e. natural swing. The point is that Snead, with his best natural swing, couldn't match Hogan in ballstriking art.

Dariusz,

Come on, stick to your main overall point. You believe Macro scale setups and motions can be optimized and Hogan did those best in your opinion. His being a great ball striker is a secondary measure. Some day you (or others) may find a few other golfers with GREAT macro scale setups and motions, but who's ball striking or scoring is "poor" by comparison to the field. Making or insisting that BH is some Macro scale AND performance god seems to be forcing "extra" luster on the Macro side. The correlation between the two is probably not high as you might think, and the measure of either but particularly the second has some subjective components.

I said many times that I do care only about his post-secret swing. Yes, I agree that his post-secret motion was a compensation to be able to get rid of his hooks, but the guy found the method. Opposite to such Tigers and other superb players (not ballstrikers); the very Woods admitted, Hogan and Moe were the only ones who owned their swings. Was he also "humble" ?

Cheers

I get it D...

your god is better than all the other gods.

maybe in a couple thousand years, Biokinetic Golf will be the bible.

"in the beginning, Hogan created the heavens, the earth and the diagonal stance...."

Dariusz J.

I get it D...

your god is better than all the other gods.

maybe in a couple thousand years, Biokinetic Golf will be the bible.

"in the beginning, Hogan created the heavens, the earth and the diagonal stance...."

Well, since you seem to be still unable to answer the question having been recently put in a very explicite way especially for you and replacing it with an usual ridiculing tone jibberish answer -- let's revert to a previous simple question -- what's your IQ ?

Cheers

Oh for the love of Hogan, would someone put a lock on this thread and put us all out of our misery. This has to be like a baker's dozen worth of threads this year ruined with this bull$h!t. Guy's read one biography and thinks he's an expert. Give me a break.

Dariusz J.

Oh for the love of Hogan, would someone put a lock on this thread and put us all out of our misery. This has to be like a baker's dozen worth of threads this year ruined with this bull$h!t. Guy's read one biography and thinks he's an expert. Give me a break.

So correct me, if you're able to. Guy thinks that he's different than these morons who can only say such general crap without any real arguments.

Yeah, lock the thread. Typical.

You might think I am the loudest only because I am surrounded by opponents with NO VALID ARGUMENTS, while those who think similarily prefer to remain silent.

I am posting in this thread for one reason only: to deny this claim. I (and perhaps others) have been avoiding this thread not because I think Dariusz is right, but because the usually very high level of discussion is lost whenever Dariusz makes Hogan into a religion.

Also, claiming that anyone not speaking must agree with you – that is a cheap rhetorical move that is logically untenable. So please Dariusz, while you are insulting the folks who are still here to talk with you, please don't drag in those who aren't here and claim they are on "your" side. If you are going to accuse others of having no arguments (and no IQ) you may want to work on how you formulate yours. What you say above wouldnt get you a C in Logic 101.

P.s. I think Hogan is great, I think Jack is great, and I root for Tiger whenever he tees it up. I have NO dog in this fight, but it saddens me when this FANTASTIC forum gets reduced to people throwing insults around.

P.p.s. this is my last post in this thread. I have no intention of responding to any personal insults Dariusz might want to lob my way, so I hope he will avoid insulting me entirely.

Status
Not open for further replies.