New Titleist 910 D2 & D3 Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just bagged the D2 and i think she's a keeper. Had played Cobra Pro Speed LD for years and relatively recently went to the TM Superfast TP with the "stock" HD6 shaft @ 10.5*. Launch monitor #s on that thing were off the charts for ballspeed, but i bought it without demoing or seeing the flight outside. The TM is now officially done - lemme know if anyone wants a deal on one :). Still missing left even with the supposed fade bias. Then came the D2... I setup a D2 head from my pros fitting cart with it as open and as flat as it would go with the Aldila RIP shaft. LSS, it is awesome for me... i can just let it go - forgiving and feel great - reborn with the big stick. In my case i just pulled that little disc ("STD") out of the grip on the RIP shaft from the fitting cart and handed it to my pro. Gotta keep the demo.

PS - i had also been trackman'd for a PING i15 earlier this yr, but didn't buy it... #s better than the Cobra, but didn't feel right or play great on the course for me.

I think JDMAC, inadvertently, made a good point. Previously, someone said buy the
demo. I said not likely. But with the new Titleist system, you can buy the demo.
Try it with a couple of different stock shafts and take it home like he did.

Birly said, "Fair enough. I assumed that, in America, there was a trackman on every streetcorner. "
Very, very scarce in general, and if you don't live near a large metropolitan area your chances get slimmer.

I understand your situation. Lot's of people make rash errors of judgement when they're far from home. I'm not judging...

Nothing rash about it. I knew I was making the business trip. I used the internet to find Trackman locations in
the area I was traveling to. Found Miles of Golf in Ypsilanti, Michigan. A premier facility. I think the fitter did
a good job. We tried a 4 different brands, all three Titleist 909 Heads with a variety of shafts. The Ping generated the best overall numbers. I would do it again.

It was intentional/advertent :)... the pro can order another brand new D2 head and brand new RIP shaft for his cart, but they may not make the same magic together. Like Steve said, take it home.

Status
Not open for further replies.