O'Hair leaves swing coach Foley - Brian Manzella response p4

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was the point of my post, nothing could have changed in a week.

Tiger always has been analytical about the golf swing, telling him not to be and just swing it probably does not resonate with him.

+1

As much as I'm wary of someone playing "connect the dots" with their swing, even if they are the right "dots," for fear that they may completely lose the plot, it's sometimes even more annoying to hear from people from the other side of the spectrum say: "just swing."

If they were just saying that to Tiger, then it would be quite valid......as this advice is always pretty valid if you are advising someone that has won the genetic lottery. But, unfortunately, these people say "just swing" to everyone.....cripples included.

Last edited:

oldpro

New
Do you really think that is why O'Hair played better in The Players? Seems like we give swing gurus too much credit for both the good and the bad. I am sure O'Hair gave Foley a glowing endorsement until....well until he started to hit it less than perfect.

By professional standards O'Hair is a poor putter, so he needs to hit it "extra" well. Probably not a coach in the land than can satisify his lust for ball-striking deification. It is a sickness really. More and more I like the quirky swings out there. Those do not look like the creations of rabid line drawers.

O'Hair did putt better at The Players and his stroke looked a bit different and better. On the coach thing who honestly really cares? Most of these tour pros could hit it 280 down the middle standing in a hammock. LOL

Brian Manzella

Administrator

Bullshit.

You can get ONE LESSON and go from struggling to winning in ONE WEEK—on the PGA TOUR.

You can get ONE LESSON and go from missing two cuts in a row to finishing 5th—on the PGA TOUR.

I gave BOTh lessons.

I switched putting strokes (drastically) in the middle of a round in a PGA Section Championship, and three putted once the next 32 holes (after three 3-putts in four holes).

The idea is dead wrong.

Who knows, maybe O'Hair just stop trying to do one little thing that wasn't working.

BM

oldpro

New

Bullshit.

You can get ONE LESSON and go from struggling to winning in ONE WEEK—on the PGA TOUR.

You can get ONE LESSON and go from missing two cuts in a row to finishing 5th—on the PGA TOUR.

I gave BOTh lessons.

I switched putting strokes (drastically) in the middle of a round in a PGA Section Championship, and three putted once the next 32 holes (after three 3-putts in four holes).

The idea is dead wrong.

Who knows, maybe O'Hair just stop trying to do one little thing that wasn't working.

BM

I agree Brian...sometimes it works in minutes...I still say your Soft Draw video is a master piece...wow, packed with info. Your brain is like a computer...LOL
Best
oldpro

Bullshit.

I gave BOTh lessons.

The idea is dead wrong.

BM

I defer to your expertise.

Do you think anything changed in his swing? You were there right?

btp

New
I watched some of Thursday's Players on my TV and saw some terrible shots. Ben Crane shanked a 3 wood from the middle of the fairway, the masters winner looked to have a perfect swing that went 40 yards right with a mid iron.

On Tiger and Foley, if he listens to anyone on short game, he is crazy. He has had one of the best short games ever and I saw a replay of a pitch shot where he slashed his body around that looked like a 30 handicapper.

Tiger needs to play more and practice less. He had some good swings at Augusta and a few that looked like he was bashing vs. swinging the club.

All I know is that he is O for Foley.

Status
Not open for further replies.