O'Hair leaves swing coach Foley - Brian Manzella response p4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only Tiger knows how bad he's hurting, but he supposedly finishes the US Open on one leg, yet can't finish today. Doesn't look good, Mark O' Meara who knows him as well as anybody says's he's shocked that Tiger pulled out, said he looked good all week.

You have to start to wonder is Tiger a front runner. Can grind out when he's playing well, but can he grind out a 72nd place finish. Ie: if he's not in the hunt to win it, does he roll over. He's always won at no matter what level he's played, now he's in a position where no one is scared of him, and people are flat out whipping his ass, completely different test for him

I have a hard time believing this. Has everyone forgotten how hard he would grind even when he was playing badly, before the hydrant? Come on.

If your left knee is bad, you need to learn to get on and stay on your right leg longer.

Don't you think?

You would have to teach a method that allows "some" movement to the right for that to happen. Hmmmm. It's all starting to make sense now...the young guns on the PGA Tour saw Tiger's kryptonite (other than Waffle House waitresses) and introduced him to a teacher that convinced him that pivoting around his bum knee was "the secret."

Hunter Mahan is an evil genius.

Hey, a bum knee is no fun at all. I just had my knee scoped six weeks ago and was limping all around the golf course up until my surgery, so I have no doubt Tiger is hurting. Luckily my surgery went very well and I played golf 11 days after my surgery.

I've always admired Tiger for his grit and determination, I think no one has shown a greater desire to win than Tiger. It just seems to be a little trend with him that when he's hurt and playing badly, he doesn't seem to grind like when he's hurt and playing well. This is two years in a row he's quit in this tournament, but he doesn't quit in the US Open when he's in the hunt.

You start to wonder, if he had shot 33 on the front 9 today instead of 42, would he have finished the round. Just speculating, only he knows.

What the man was is not what the man is. When (if) he goes to the doctor, he might want to see the cardiologist down the hall. That or cut in front of the Tinman in line to see the Wizard.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
I am absolutely sure Tiger can regain his form, and be the best player in the world again.

Maybe he will with Sean, maybe without.

But Tiger WILL be back.

What the man was is not what the man is. When (if) he goes to the doctor, he might want to see the cardiologist down the hall. That or cut in front of the Tinman in line to see the Wizard.

mgranato, you're enjoying this thread a little bit too much, my friend. :)

To question this man's heart is ridiculous. He is one of the top 3 athletes of all-time. He dominated a very difficult sport to dominate for over 10 years. He never choked and always worked very hard to be the best. We won't see another like him. I've always enjoyed your post's mgranato, but this one makes me think you should cut in front of the Scarecrow.

ej20

New
The US Open on one leg was different.He knew the full extent of his injury and although doctors told him not to play,they also told him he would not do further damage if he did play.He was going to get operated on whether he played or not.Playing with that kind of pain shows tremendous heart in my opinion.

I also agree that he needs to get away from this lean on the left leg swing.I don't believe this injury was just an accident.He needs to stay more behind the ball during the whole swing and he can easily be succesful doing this with his trigger delay.

I am absolutely sure Tiger can regain his form, and be the best player in the world again.

Maybe he will with Sean, maybe without.

But Tiger WILL be back.

A change of heart? Not too long ago you were claiming that Woodsy could master any swing, including Foley's?

To question this man's heart is ridiculous.

If this was October of 2009, you would be absolutely correct. But it isn't. He has done plenty in the last year in a half to raise questions about his desire, his decision making process, and his ability.

He is one of the top 3 athletes of all-time. He dominated a very difficult sport to dominate for over 10 years. He never choked and always worked very hard to be the best.

All 100% correct, except for using the wrong verb in the first sentence. Today he is none of those things. He has learned to choke, and he has learned to quit. What Tiger was is set in stone, legendary accomplishments. Just let me know when that guy shows up again.

We won't see another like him.

Chances are certainly against it, but did you ever think you'd see one like him?

I've always enjoyed your post's mgranato, but this one makes me think you should cut in front of the Scarecrow.

No problem. I don't understand why some of his biggest fans/supporters (not saying you are or aren't one) don't expect more of him. IMO, it is a perfectly legit argument to talk about Tiger now versus then. He's not the same mentally, not the same physically, not the same determination, not the same spiritually, not the same financially, etc, etc. No one would question his heart pre 2010 because his actions didn't allow it. Can you honestly say that is still the case? Is it unfair to fully recognize the brilliance of what he was, while fully recognizing what he currently is?

TBall raised a good question, if he shoots 33 instead of 42, do you think he's still in the event?

Last edited:
Tiger will regain his form?
What is his form should be the question he hasn't shown 2 consective days of form in the last yr!
He will win again?
Probably the odds are with him Mentally still the toughest player and has all the shot making ability but playin on a bad knee hmmm all the surgery in the world dosen't fix it.It didn;t fix the first operation?
Fear Factor?
None of the players fear him and the talent keeps coming from all parts of the world.
Foley's the answer?
Until Tiger learns to keep a Driver on this planet no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oldpro

New
If this was October of 2009, you would be absolutely correct. But it isn't. He has done plenty in the last year in a half to raise questions about his desire, his decision making process, and his ability.

All 100% correct, except for using the wrong verb in the first sentence. Today he is none of those things. He has learned to choke, and he has learned to quit. What Tiger was is set in stone, legendary accomplishments. Just let me know when that guy shows up again.

Chances are certainly against it, but did you ever think you'd see one like him?

No problem. I don't understand why some of his biggest fans/supporters (not saying you are or aren't one) don't expect more of him. IMO, it is a perfectly legit argument to talk about Tiger now versus then. He's not the same mentally, not the same physically, not the same determination, not the same spiritually, not the same financially, etc, etc. No one would question his heart pre 2010 because his actions didn't allow it. Can you honestly say that is still the case? Is it unfair to fully recognize the brilliance of what he was, while fully recognizing what he currently is?

TBall raised a good question, if he shoots 33 instead of 42, do you think he's still in the event?

I agree with everything you stated Mr. G... I also believe he plays without a limp if he shot 33.

Status
Not open for further replies.