On the Range

Status
Not open for further replies.
"You are correct Sir!

But I wasn't talking about being a good teacher, I was talking about be the best ever.

The world is full of good teachers." —Brian Manzella

I stand by statement that I believe you do not have to be able to demonstrate to be the best ever, but that is just my opinion. I will admit I would like to see my instructor hit the ball the way he is instructing.

Did anyone notice the drill Aaron Baddaley was performing on the show where he completed his BS and then would drop his hands down to his waist? Then he would just reload from there and hit his shot. Sure seems like an anti tug drill.

I don't know which boring announcer was describing it, but said it was to help keep the club out front and not get it caught behind him.

i'd love to see this, do you know if there is video online somewhere?

btp

New
First drill looks like a modified version of Seve drill. I would guess that the right arm drill is for width in the downswing.

Hey Brian, What does that help ingrain or or get a golfer to feel/learn ?

This is a new "go to" drill for me before a round or on the range when things get on the wrong track. It really helps with my transition and tempo through the shot. You can't make solid contact without doing a lot of things right I think.

On a side note...I had quit practicing one arm swings because when I was younger I had tried a left handed one arm swing with a driver and about popped my shoulder out of socket. Hurt so bad I almost passed out on the range. It's hilarious when I think about it now. "Swing so bad, almost passed out!" Didn't know it then, but I guess I was born a tugger . . . :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.