Over/Under on Wins for Tiger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Under/under

He hasn't won 2 majors in a year since '06, and hasn't won 7 tournaments in a year since '07.

Not sure he's back to those levels.

Last edited:
So Augusta wouldn't qualify cause hes familiar there too I suppose. The problem with that is they keep playing it at the same course. The WGCs seem to do that too. And of course there's Bay Hill and Muirfield, Arnie and Jack's events where everybody except Rory must play out of respect. You are all watching and living history being made in the game and you're not getting to enjoy it. For some reason? I respect several of you on this site for your knowledge and passion for the game. But this TW thing doesn't seem to be about the game.

Just want to see a good win on an unfamiliar course. Not hating at all btw.

After 17 years on tour aren't you pretty familiar with all the courses? But then again so are all the other players.

If familiarity is such an edge tell me which players we should look for this week on the PGA tour because of their familiarity.

He will win tomorrow and he will win the Masters. Maybe the Open Championship. I hope he $@%#ing laps the field in the Masters, too. I'd say 5 wins and 2 majors.

So Augusta wouldn't qualify cause hes familiar there too I suppose. The problem with that is they keep playing it at the same course. The WGCs seem to do that too. And of course there's Bay Hill and Muirfield, Arnie and Jack's events where everybody except Rory must play out of respect. You are all watching and living history being made in the game and you're not getting to enjoy it. For some reason? I respect several of you on this site for your knowledge and passion for the game. But this TW thing doesn't seem to be about the game.

I couldn't care less...whats the new cut streak at?

Woods has six wins in the last calendar year; nobody else has more than three.
Woods has more wins at Bay Hill (eight) than Retief Goosen, Dustin Johnson, Geoff Ogilvy, Stewart Cink, and Rory McIlroy have total in their careers.
Woods was 30 for 31 on putts 10 feet and in over his last two rounds at Bay Hill .
Woods has now converted 52 of 56 third-round leads or co-leads on the PGA Tour.
Woods' age at the time of his 77th win: 37. Sam Snead's age at the time of his 77th win: 45. Woods trails Snead by five on the career wins list.
No golfer has gotten closer than two shots of Woods in the final round of any of his three wins this year (via @dougferguson).
This is the fourth time Woods has won three tournaments before the Masters in a single year (2000, 2003, 2008).
Woods has now won the Arnold Palmer Invitational 47 percent of the times he's started the tournament.
As of Tuesday, Woods will have been No. 1 for 624 of his 865 weeks as a professional golfer.

Tiger's a bad MF'r any way you slice. Great golfer, but not the best human being and definitely not the worst in my eyes. He is full of himself again and is back to winning - hard to say which came first. I don't blame him for being ultra-guarded and I don't care for his public persona.

But I do know this:

He's the best golfer on the planet and gets very mediocre instruction. Foley from what I can tell, is continuing to learn and it's benefitting Tiger and you can see his technique moving in the right direction. I think if Tiger can stay healthy and continue to grow as will Foley's knowledge, he will break every record and be the greates player of all time.

The only thing I really like about Tiger is that he wants it more than everyone else and that is something that has never changed.

jimmyt

New
Did anyone hear him drop the "F" bomb today with a 4 or 5 year old in possible ear shot?

Linsey I agree with everything you say, I admire the golf ability and his being able to get the most out of each and every round. Public persona I think he is a piece of S***.

What blows me away is how poor of a driver he is, I would like to know his fairway percentage hit with driver only? Imagine what he could do if he fixes his driver. He is definitely the best putter I have ever seen, I would kill for a putting stroke like his.

What blows me away is how poor of a driver he is, I would like to know his fairway percentage hit with driver only? Imagine what he could do if he fixes his driver. He is definitely the best putter I have ever seen, I would kill for a putting stroke like his.

Some people are bashing Tiger's driver a little too much. If you hit it 320, it's a lot harder to keep it in the fairway than if you hit it 280. Instead of fairway %, it's a lot more helpful to look at how far into the rough / trees the ball goes when it misses the fairway.

I only watched part of Bay Hill but on one of the holes I watched he hit a drive dead left, it hit a tree by the ob and bounced back into the fairway and the announcer said he was dead last in driving stats for the week at the time. His missed fairways that I saw were not just in the first cut they were in the trees. I am just saying he is beating the field from the trees, imagine if starts finding the fairway more often with the driver, we could be talking double digit victories.

Did anyone hear him drop the "F" bomb today with a 4 or 5 year old in possible ear shot?

Linsey I agree with everything you say, I admire the golf ability and his being able to get the most out of each and every round. Public persona I think he is a piece of S***.

People that get offended by an F-bomb that is directed at an inanimate object, need to relax. The word is not racist or sexist. It's just a word like darn or golly.

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator
After 17 years on tour aren't you pretty familiar with all the courses? But then again so are all the other players.

If familiarity is such an edge tell me which players we should look for this week on the PGA tour because of their familiarity.

Ok, you're right, I'm wrong. Tiger doesn't win too often on the same courses. I'm not a tiger hater at all. But he can win Torrey, Bay Hill, and Muirfield with any swing he wants. He'll have to win majors again to be onside red fully back.

jimmyt

New
Im not offended at all by the word, tell the father with the 5 year old no problem relax it was just in inanimate object, what tiger meant was golly.

Status
Not open for further replies.