Project 1.68 Data Share - TUG & TUMBLE

Status
Not open for further replies.
You got it Tong, that was my point in sharing. The old #4 pressure point is a sucker!

Michael - thanks for posting.

Do you see the differences between the pros and the single digit player as a matter of technique, or physical ability?

Do you have before and after shots of that 6 capper showing improvement?

I think you said the handicap golfer had decent distance - how does clubhead speed compare?

Don't forget about this great thread, especially if you're used to going directly at the ball from the top. Out Toss (now with a page 2 explanation by Brian Manzella)

hmmm...let me think...what kind of drill can get the arms going more actively in the downswing...the kind of drill where you just keep practicing moving your arms actively in the downswing whilst keeping your body passively still I guess...damn I'm smart.

Tiger Tumble and Down-Toss Drill on Vimeo

You would think it would be pretty easy to just start dem arms earlier but for some odd reason, when I get under pressure I resort back to the safety of my handle dragging, body pivoting, no wrist staighting self. For some strange reason I find comfort in pivoting like a banshee when I am under the gun, maybe there is no cure for handle draggers, just remissions.

lia41985

Leo,
I couldn't agree more. The drill Tiger discussed in the Golf Channel Academy (where the clip came from) where he stops at the top and then has to swing is a great drill for feeling the tangential component of a high performance swing. If you don't get it right you'll hit thinny topped undercuts alternating with fat overdraws. When you can hit a nice, high, soft-landing draw over and over with that drill you can move on to the next thing.

O'Grady wants credit for everything he didn't tell anyone!

I respect Mac highly, but he can't lay claim to things he kept in silence.

I just thought about this again...another way to think about it...

You can tug with your pivot as hard as you want as long as your arms do not gets dragged behind and you don't derail your handpath.

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator
I just thought about this again...another way to think about it...

You can tug with your pivot as hard as you want as long as your arms do not gets dragged behind and you don't derail your handpath.

Tong, you may want to think this one out again. I don't think it would play out that way IMO.

hp12c

New
Ive been reading and rereading this thread and really trying to understand and see the movement in my minds eye of what the graph shows.
In my minds eye I can see it and kept it fresh in there, lots of room in there. When I do the movement as I see it, on my BS my torso/thorax moves and then the arms, but very close, no LCT.

At the top I feel a slowing not a stop per say, first the torso/thorax then the arms and consequently on the DS my torso/thorax moves first and then slows, but feels like a stop.

Just as my left shoulder goes from under my chin to just before my shoulders look/feel square, from my perspective, and then my arms swing down pretty fast and strike the ball and now the club, arms bring my torso/thorax around to the finish.

If my left shoulder looked/felt more open I was pulling the ball left of target, but if they, my shoulders seemed square or slightly closed I had a nice baby fade.

Of course all this very unscientific and all based on feel, but it was a nice feel and strike on the ball, maybe its the old works only one day situation.

I liked it anyhoo and it flet so smooth!:)

Brian Manzella

Administrator
It's pretty simple, your arms and club need to start moving faster than your torso almost right away in the downswing.

That's really hard to do if you under turn.

Hard to do if your hand path is too narrow.

It's pretty simple, your arms and club need to start moving faster than your torso almost right away in the downswing.

That's really hard to do if you under turn.

Hard to do if your hand path is too narrow.

How would this work then for a half swing? I hit full shots well with starting the arms first, but have found this a disaster on the half wedge shot. If the club only gets to vertical in the back swing, obviously the tangent isn't going away from the ball but down. Should one then let the arms drop first and then apply FATS?

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Isn't this topic just the best example ever of the limitations of video?

No chance to see this with any degree of accuracy.

If there was, all the video lovers would be teaching this.

hp12c

New
Leo,
I couldn't agree more. The drill Tiger discussed in the Golf Channel Academy (where the clip came from) where he stops at the top and then has to swing is a great drill for feeling the tangential component of a high performance swing. If you don't get it right you'll hit thinny topped undercuts alternating with fat overdraws. When you can hit a nice, high, soft-landing draw over and over with that drill you can move on to the next thing.

Hey Lia when u say move on to the next thing, what is the next thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.