Project 1.68 Data Share - TUG & TUMBLE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Learning how to pivot with this move.

As opposed to pivoting too soon which makes it more difficult to truly swing your arms... and corrupts your handpath.

lia41985

What "rotates away" the most in the backswing?

Thorax? Pelvis? Arms?

This isn't about methodology.

This is about measurement.

It's a matter of sequencing.

You have a "SHOT at this info with VIDEO :p"

Last edited:
Reading through this and tryinig to make more sense of it, I struggle with this some and I think the biggest issue is just over acceleration from the top. It seems if I start down just a bit slower, i can make the arms keep up, If I explode from the top, I get a lot of tug, club flattens out and gets stuck behind me.

Also, seems this problem exposes itself more and more as the club gets longer.

I read a comment once by Annika, saying she never swung harder than 6 on a scale of 1-10, and she was as good a driver as there has been.

Tball, make sure you're intent coming out of the transition is to line everything up for impact. With the longer clubs it will take more time for it to happen, and if you over-accelerate to get yourself there your outward push (i.e. out-toss) needs to also increase, or speed up, too in order to keep up & stay in sync. This is probably why you can swing slower and keep up. Your two swings have different acceleration rates coming out of the transition but the same amount of out-toss. Tough to say much more without seeing your swing but this is likely why the club is getting stuck behind you.

Magic, thanks for the feedback, that makes a lot of sense. I've been trying to think of some good drills to assist with this, I saw the tiger drill, any that you recommend?

I'm trying to figure out if I have my head wrapped around this right. It seems to me that working on never hook again would help if you were a severe handle dragger. If you don't drag it but have trouble lining everything up at impact or getting the sequence right soft draw would help right?

I know we're talking about more than ball flight (even though thats a pretty key goal right?) I think it was Sam Sneed that said he would fade it until he was moving it to much to the right and then start working on hitting draws. When he started over doing that he worked on going the other way. Seems like a pretty good way to make all of this work without getting to technical.

Or am I missing something?

Last edited:
Magic, thanks for the feedback, that makes a lot of sense. I've been trying to think of some good drills to assist with this, I saw the tiger drill, any that you recommend?

I assume the tiger drill with butch on tgc is the one you are referring to and that is an awesome drill if it is your lower body that comes racing out of the transition leaving everything else to hopefully catch up.

Again, without seeing your swing, this is tough so I am trying to give you the info to let you figure it out rather than take bold guesses. If it is your shoulder complex that is coming out of the transition too fast and leaving your arms behind then that drill will not help quite as much. If this sounds/looks more like your move then you will probably want to work on keeping the hands and club more in front of your chest as you come out of the transition. Think of your chest/boobs as a set of eyeballs and make sure they are always looking up or down at the club and not too far left or right to try and find the clubhead. It will obviously probably have a different look on video but that is the feel you will want to be chasing. From there just make sure you are really intent on following through the shot with your arms/hands/and a released clubhead.

As always, balance is everything, so make sure when you are ready to pull the trigger to start your swing you feel like you can rip it and keep your balance perfectly...kinda like this guy...you couldn't find a wobble here with a handful of phantoms.

Amazing Footage of Tiger Woods 2000 Bangkok Complete Day 4 Warm-Up Routine uncut - YouTube

Status
Not open for further replies.