Question for mandrin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for that, mandrin. Yes, indeed, what do relativist theory have to do with golf?

Same as any of the stuff being discussed on this thread. Good for discussion, debate and knowledge. The effectiveness of applying this stuff to the swing so that one scores better on a consistent basis? That's probably a whole other debate in itself.

Simple question – how many of you have played golf inside a rotating reference frame re to earth? Should be really fun, any problem getting the ball into the hole? :D

Ringer before you take everyone up into some big black hole, can you still address a simple earthy mundane logic problem as posed by post #124. :rolleyes:

There was a question? All I saw was you continuing to make fun of me.. same ol same ol mandrin.

You never answered my questions in previous threads so I don't see why I should answer yours anyway.

Jeff,

It suffices to do a quick search on centripetal force to find many excellent explanations.

The circling object is constantly accelerating towards the center. However it is not getting any closer since it is also tangentially moving away from it.

Wikipedia:

The velocity vector is defined by the speed and also by the direction of motion.

Objects experiencing no net force do not accelerate and, hence, move in a straight line with constant speed: they have a constant velocity.

However, an object moving in a circle at constant speed has a changing direction of motion. The rate of change of the object's velocity vector is the centripetal acceleration.
WHAT WHAT WHAT???!! An object traveling circularly is constantly accellerating? SHOCKING considering there was an entire thread dedicated to this idea where you were saying the EXACT opposite.

There was a question? All I saw was you continuing to make fun of me.. same ol same ol mandrin.

You never answered my questions in previous threads so I don't see why I should answer yours anyway.
Ringer,

First triumphantly defying that mandrin guy with an absolute killer argument.

Now, realizing having made yet another logic error, trying to quietly slip away.

Oh well, it is probably more fun to dabble freely around with absorbing darkness.

So keep trucking, there are always some who are fond of that kind of discourse. :rolleyes:

WHAT WHAT WHAT???!! An object traveling circularly is constantly accellerating? SHOCKING considering there was an entire thread dedicated to this idea where you were saying the EXACT opposite.
Ringer,

Don’t get all excited and just yell, not good for health. :(

Cool down a bit, use logic, and present your arguments. :rolleyes:

BTW, frequently miss spelling a key word, acceleration, seems odd. :D

This is just semantics. I reviewed that thread and what I got from it was, that a clubhead travelling at a constant speed in a circular path meets the scientific definition of acceleration, but it won't make the ball go further.

Meet Miss Speller

Misspelling misspelling "seems odd."

misspelling.gif
Perfect Impact,

This is certainly the most impressive contribution to the disscussion so far. :D

Do a little search and see what comes up; one typical example:

Goofbay Toolbar -
Every day 1000's of items are listed on eBay with miss-spelled or badly written titles. The Goofbay toolbar searches and lists these hidden bargains. Other Goofbay tools inlcuded in the toolbar are: Miss Spelling Checker.

Last edited:
So since someone else misspells, you can copy their miss-take, no?

It is no big deal: it just struck me that in the very post where YOU criticize Steve with the left hook, that your own cheek was exposed. Webster etc. does not yet put misspelled words into their dictionary just because they are so frequently garbled.

On that subject, what a loss it is for this country to replace the three Rs with other issues and leave Americans so poorly educated.

Because

This is just semantics. I reviewed that thread and what I got from it was, that a clubhead travelling at a constant speed in a circular path meets the scientific definition of acceleration, but it won't make the ball go further.

Because the acceleration is always at right angles to the velocity and towards the center of the circle?

Ringer,

Hope all is well. You seem to be so upset.

I am not asking you to explain your anger and frustration as you are most likely aware by now that you have another time missed the boat by a country mile.

Acceleration in a curvilinear path is indeed more difficult to explain that to entertain us enthusiastically about Einstein and telling us that poor Newton is finished.

Keep trucking, take care. :cool:

Ringer,

Hope all is well. You seem to be so upset.

I am not asking you to explain your anger and frustration as you are most likely aware by now that you have another time missed the boat by a country mile.

Acceleration in a curvilinear path is indeed more difficult to explain that to entertain us enthusiastically about Einstein and telling us that poor Newton is finished.

Keep trucking, take care. :cool:

The anger and frustration is a direct result of the absolute rubbish people are accepting in gulps because of a glimmer of wit to your posts. The more complicated questions go unanswered while the explinations of simple Newtonian physics are answered in exact opposite relation to your answers in other threads.

It must be tough to be a fraud and keep up the routine.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Ha!

This stuff and this thread really makes me laugh.

No noubt Mandrin knows his stuff, and no doubt Steve knows more than you might have thought early on.

So what?

The only important thing...

LET ME REPEAT:

The only important thing...about all of this is what it means to the golfer.

So, gurus of science, what does all this science have to do with the golfer?

I'll make it easier...

Here are the important questions:

#1. Does the ball go the same distance with a clubhead that is speeding ip just before impact, or would it go the same if the impact MPH were the same as with a constant speed clubhead, or one that is slowing down?

#2. Does the golfer create a useable force by "rotating around a fixed point" from some point in the downswing to the ball.

#3. Does any "outward force" create the only speed the golfer can use, or can speed come from somewhere else?

#4. Can you Hit and Swing at the same time by Homer Kelley's definition?​

My silly little educated guesses....

#1. Yes.

#2. Yes.

#3. Yes.

#4. Yes.
Please correct me if I am incorrect. I have a degree in Marketing Communications. :D

This stuff and this thread really makes me laugh.

No noubt Mandrin knows his stuff, and no doubt Steve knows more than you might have thought early on.

So what?

The only important thing...

LET ME REPEAT:

The only important thing...about all of this is what it means to the golfer.

So, gurus of science, what does all this science have to do with the golfer?

I'll make it easier...

Here are the important questions:

#1. Does the ball go the same distance with a clubhead that is speeding ip just before impact, or would it go the same if the impact MPH were the same as with a constant speed clubhead, or one that is slowing down?

#2. Does the golfer create a useable force by "rotating around a fixed point" from some point in the downswing to the ball.

#3. Does any "outward force" create the only speed the golfer can use, or can speed come from somewhere else?

#4. Can you Hit and Swing at the same time by Homer Kelley's definition?​

My silly little educated guesses....

#1. Yes.

#2. Yes.

#3. Yes.

#4. Yes.
Please correct me if I am incorrect. I have a degree in Marketing Communications. :D
Brian,

Rather a pity that we seem to basically agree, since Ringer, in despair, has stopped discussion, using rational arguments, and it would be fun to have some vigorous arguing with a flamboyant Italian stallion. :D

In a nutshell, simplifying to the bare bones, downswing has approximately two distinct phases:

Active stage - Injecting momentum/energy into a folded system, by torquing around a fixed center, generating maximum angular velocity.

Passive phase - The system is now on its own, unfolding under the influence of the centrifugal force, creating useful velocity for clubhead.

Hitting and swinging for me are foremost a matter of feel. Torques, around swing center, are created through the triangle, for both approaches. I don’t believe in this straight line delivery for hitting. All in golf is rotation, one way or another.

(I feel that #1 and #3 are need refining being multiple choice questions, yet one answer given. ;) )

Fixed Center

mandrin~

What are some of the less obvious things that would affect a "fixed center" and is "centrifugal force" one of these?

Brian,

Rather a pity that we seem to basically agree, since Ringer, in despair, has stopped discussion, using rational arguments, and it would be fun to have some vigorous arguing with a flamboyant Italian stallion. :D

In a nutshell, simplifying to the bare bones, downswing has approximately two distinct phases:

Active stage - Injecting momentum/energy into a folded system, by torquing around a fixed center, generating maximum angular velocity.

Passive phase - The system is now on its own, unfolding under the influence of the centrifugal force, creating useful velocity for clubhead.

Hitting and swinging for me are foremost a matter of feel. Torques, around swing center, are created through the triangle, for both approaches. I don’t believe in this straight line delivery for hitting. All in golf is rotation, one way or another.

(I feel that #1 and #3 are need refining being multiple choice questions, yet one answer given. ;) )

mandrin~

What are some of the less obvious things that would affect a "fixed center" and is "centrifugal force" one of these?
DOCW3,

The centrifugal force exerted by the clubhead can be well over 100 lbs for a pro type swing but it only lasts for a fraction of a second and hence does not really affects a golfer’s equilibrium.

Influence

mandrin~

*Considering it's brief duration, other than existing because the clubhead is attached to the axis, what influence does the centrifugal force exerted by the clubhead have on the system?

*Are there other centrifugal forces influencing the system?

DOCW3,

The centrifugal force exerted by the clubhead can be well over 100 lbs for a pro type swing but it only lasts for a fraction of a second and hence does not really affects a golfer’s equilibrium.

Last edited:
mandrin, why do you think the rebending of the shaft during release is caused by CF rather than the initial bending created at the beginning of the downstroke?

Status
Not open for further replies.