Rank the TOP 3 MOST IMPORTANT ELEMENTS of the Golf Swing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
That fundamental thread wasn't going anywhere. For good reason. The definitions of the word are varied in both in the dictionaries and in golf circles.

And other folks are using the term.

They can have it.

That's why we are just going to call "things going on in the golf swing" what they are—elements.

[h=3]el·e·ment/ˈeləmənt/
[/h]
Noun:
  1. A part or aspect of something, esp. one that is essential or characteristic.

<tbody> </tbody>

<tbody>
</tbody>

Give me your top 3 and I'll post mine up later tonight...

I think you gave us a clue on the bottom...

All you have is your hand path, the force along that path, and torque about that path.
So the 3 might be: hand path, the force along that path, and torque about that path.

But also take into account...
That's your means for creating the proper D-Plane with the proper speed, for the desired shot.
so the 3 could be path, angle of attack and face angle

I like birly-shirly's response
face angle, path (in 3d) and speed.

I think he means "path (in 3d)" is the path (left, straight, right) and angle of attack (up, level, down)
is that called the resultant path?

Ed

Last edited:
hand path and the different forces felt in the hands, and the body positions that allow the hands the move through the desired space with the desired torque.

lia41985

1.) D-plane control (making the club work like a club, particularly the shaft and bounce but also including the "secret to tour quality shots"--low dynamic loft and attack angle)
2.) Instantaneous helical axis positioning (i.e. the geometry of non-concentricity)
3.) Hand and hub path control (tie; i.e. anti-tug, tumble, etc.)

Last edited:
Mr. Hogans top 3

That fundamental thread wasn't going anywhere. For good reason. The definitions of the word are varied in both in the dictionaries and in golf circles.

And other folks are using the term.

They can have it.

That's why we are just going to call "things going on in the golf swing" what they are—elements.

el·e·ment/ˈeləmənt/

Noun:

1. A part or aspect of something, esp. one that is essential or characteristic.

<TBODY> </TBODY>

<TBODY>
</TBODY>

What are the major things a go<st1:personName w:st="on">l</st1:personName>fer must do to be correct<st1:personName w:st="on">l</st1:personName>y poised and positioned as he hits through the ba<st1:personName w:st="on">l</st1:personName><st1:personName w:st="on">l</st1:personName>? He wi<st1:personName w:st="on">l</st1:personName><st1:personName w:st="on">l</st1:personName> be essentia<st1:personName w:st="on">l</st1:personName><st1:personName w:st="on">l</st1:personName>y correct in the impact area if he <st1:personName w:st="on">l</st1:personName>earns to execute three major movements.
<O:p</O:p
1. He must initiate the downswing by turning the hips to the <st1:personName w:st="on">l</st1:personName>eft.
2. He must hit through to the finish of his swing in one cohesive movement, hitting with his hips, shou<st1:personName w:st="on">l</st1:personName>ders, arms and hands, in that order.
3. He must start to supinate his <st1:personName w:st="on">l</st1:personName>eft wrist just before impact. This is, essentia<st1:personName w:st="on">l</st1:personName><st1:personName w:st="on">l</st1:personName>y, a<st1:personName w:st="on">l</st1:personName><st1:personName w:st="on">l</st1:personName> he need concentrate on,
PROVIDED HE IS IN THE CORRECT POSITION AT THE TOP OF HIS BACKSWING. (Mr. Hogans’s caps)
Brian is correct. The fundamenta<st1:personName w:st="on">l</st1:personName> question was going nowhere however I be<st1:personName w:st="on">l</st1:personName>ieve it is one of the best questions ever asked and if Mr. Hogan knew what he was ta<st1:personName w:st="on">l</st1:personName>king about then the number one fundamenta<st1:personName w:st="on">l</st1:personName> for him is to be in the correct position at the top of the backswing as this is his proviso from which a<st1:personName w:st="on">l</st1:personName><st1:personName w:st="on">l</st1:personName> e<st1:personName w:st="on">l</st1:personName>se f<st1:personName w:st="on">l</st1:personName>ows.

Last edited:

Ryan Smither

Super Moderator
(1) Hand path.

(2) Rotating the sweet spot in the first-half of the downswing.

(3) Body positioning leading into (and during) impact.

I think I'll stick with Ernest Jones:

1. Control (the club head) and stemming from that 2. Balance 3. Timing.

"Everything else is just showbiz".

Status
Not open for further replies.