Redgoat's swing gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forum dwellers,

In an effort to share information, I have put together a ton of pictures and swing sequences at the following web site.

It will be updated regularly and will include amateurs, students, and professionals.

Video is soon to follow.

Your feedback is desired on how to improve it and who you would like to see.

Thanks to Brian for letting me post the site address and to you in advance for your comments.

http://redgoat.smugmug.com/

Redgoat

hue

New
Brady: Thanks for doing this . This is a great resource. When I blow up the pics and the blow up comes up I am finding that I can not print off a copy. This was not the case when you first posted the website. I can print the players page but not the blow up. I am not great with computers . Could you give me some pointers on how I should go about printing the blow up? I really like the pics of Toms with the red shirt. Thanks.

Hue,

There are some copyright issues that require me to lock out the right click. My appologies.

BTW, you have mail.

Redgoat

hue

New
It would be great if you could post a few vids and pics of Stan Utley's short game. I too want to see how short shots are played. Thanks.

Thanks Brady. Site is great and a wealth of information. As you know by now, I am one who thrives on visualization. Seeing myself on video and comparing to the pics you have provided has helped me tremendously.

Thanks a zillion!
Do you have Kenny Perry?
Would be interesting to us beginner TGM'ers to have the experts point out the hitters and swingers and why they are so designated.

hue

New
Brady: On the front on Tiger pics at address and impact you have a vertical line that corresponds to the lead shoulder and an egg shape that relates to the head position. Tiger has a fair amount of axis tilt and appears further behind the ball at impact than at address. I take it that this is what you are trying to point out. What is the significance of this IYO and do you like it or would you prefer to see him more stacked? Thanks.

EdZ

New
quote:Originally posted by southpaw

How pure does Trevor Immelman look?

Wow - Nice swing!

About as good as it gets IMO, a lot like Goggin from what I have seen of him.

Thanks Brady, great stuff.... (what's behind the secret vault BTW?) ;)

New pictures have been posted for Ragman, Hue, etal.

Kenny Perry
Davis Love
Adam Scott

Hue, there is a new picture of Tiger and Els under the Tiger gallery that shows the difference in their tilt.

http://redgoat.smugmug.com/

I wouldn't change Tiger's tilt, I would show him tapes of his swing in 2000 where he was more upright and shorter at the top. But then again, why would he listen to me?

To answer your question about best swing motion, I would take either Faldo during his long stretch late 80's to early 90's, or Tiger's year 2000 version. Both offer something quite different, I guess you can't have it all.

Redgoat

Redgoat' Can't believe you didn't mention Kenny Perry as one of the best swings!:D
Even to the untrained eye, mine, he has more moves than jumbo jet has speedometers.
At the top his left foot moves to a piegon toed position and the club is very across the line. He seems to stand up on the way back then his head/body drops considerably as he starts down.
Can this swing and it's success be explained?

hue

New
Brady: I know you posted some pics of Chad Campbell. Do you have pics of all of his swing ? Thanks.

quote:Originally posted by wally888

Redgoat' Can't believe you didn't mention Kenny Perry as one of the best swings!:D

Can this swing and it's success be explained?

It can be explained by looking at frame 6 of down the line :)

Forget the quirkiness, he gets it right here and that's all that matters!

Status
Not open for further replies.