Ryder Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Justin Timberlake should not be involved in anything.

Couldn't agree more, Lindsey,
When Dan Hicks had to introduce Justin Timberlake to introduce Davis Love III it all looked a bit wieldy and shoe-horned to fit. Timberlake seems like a nice person, but I couldn't imagine Jason Dufner hosting the Grammy's, so there's no need for a singer at Medinah, no matter how much the PGA wants to attract America's yoof to the game
(Although I do hear BrickTop will be doing the opening speech in 2014...;))

Justin Timberlake should not be involved in anything.
Timberlake is a friend of the game with his Tour Event and the public course he owns. I guess I should be thankful that he didn't sing. If I had to listen to that for 1/2 hour in the car, I'd probably drive into a bridge abutment to end the suffering. I'm just glad that the Kardashians or the cast of The Jersey Shore aren't golfers.

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator
The US Team has 1/2 of the major champions from '12 on their team, and for the opening session, 1/2 of the major champions from '12 on their bench. What???? (Insert Hal Sutton shot here)

Very surprised that the two captains picks are leading off. Maybe if I thought about it longer I'd change my mind but I'm thinking maybe the leading point getter earned the right to hit the first shot, at least not a captains pick.

McDowell's request for relief on #2 looked really weak to me. Lost a bit of respect there for him.

Because he asked? Gimme a break. He wouldn't be trying if he didn't try to improve his situation within the rules. Furyk was the real d-bag there. Shut up and let the officials handle it.

PS I wonder who we're rootin for :)

Because he asked? Gimme a break. He wouldn't be trying if he didn't try to improve his situation within the rules. Furyk was the real d-bag there. Shut up and let the officials handle it.

PS I wonder who we're rootin for :)
I guess McDowell wouldn't have called a penalty on himself like Furyk just did.

lia41985

Wow, Keegan.

I've only seen Tiger play with his sleeves rolled up one other time:
Tiger-Woods-Kicks-Club-Masters-Meltdown-2012.png

I feel like Dufner or Zach should be going again in the afternoon, and they should have sat Tiger or Stricker.

Paul Azinger's comment about the Americans targeting Rory McIllroy may be one of the stupidest sentences ever uttered in the history of televised sports. We're all a little dumber having listened to him speak.

Paul Azinger's comment about the Americans targeting Rory McIllroy may be one of the stupidest sentences ever uttered in the history of televised sports. We're all a little dumber having listened to him speak.

I admire Azinger as a golfer and as man who fought back to health, but comments like that are silly IMO.

USA will will this because most of the Euro team look like they've been given somebody else's putter. McD und McI couldn't hole a putt if the the hole was double sized. WTF happened to them?

Colsaerts is beating Tiger and Stricker on his own. Westwoods putting is woeful. Amazed Poulter not playing this afternoon. Have to say most of USA are playing and putting superbly

lia41985

Nicolas Colsaerts may have the most natural, neutral looking swing of any professional I've ever seen. Very, very impressive.
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2dLRYlrptEo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zkeLI-NYs7c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jw-AHBIxd00" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
I like the little Duval, Allenby head roll and mighty lash at it. Serious speed. Played well in the British, so so in our Open and MC in PGA. Just a zone day on the greens.

Status
Not open for further replies.