Ryder Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw some weird things today

Phil cheering on his opponent. WTF?

And Euros humiliating Tiger when the point didn't matter. This was more disturbing....

Wow, I don't even know where to start with this disaster. hindsight is 20/20, but I never like leaving Mahan off the team and picking both fuyk and stricker. I liked one of them, but not both.

Even with that, can't really blame Davis for the trainwreck that was furyk, phil, stricker, bubba, snedeker, kuchar, simpson, all played poorly today.

Need an explanation

You know your team only needs 4-1/2 points to win the cup.

You know the other team has to come out guns-a-blazin' with a top heavy lineup to even have a chance.

You are a so called unbelievable competitor.

How in the hell do you ask/want to be in the 12 spot?

How are you not one of the first 6 out to either step on their throats or squash any momentum?

How do you sit back and let 3 rookies (of the first 6) take your place on the front line?

It's not easy to hide on a 12 man team, but I guess if you try hard enough...

You know the other team has to come out guns-a-blazin' with a top heavy lineup to even have a chance.

How are you not one of the first 6 out to either step on their throats or squash any momentum?

How do you sit back and let 3 rookies (of the first 6) take your place on the front line?

Mathematically it is probably a mistake to put your best last. Someone has probably written a paper on it. Maybe Tiger and Davis didn't take many math classes in college. You see tactical mistakes like this in football with the misuse of the 2 point conversion.

I understand your point, I just don't see the fairness in summarizing his career with so much time left on the clock. Who's career did he remind you of when he was working as a club pro a few years back. My point was that he came a long long long way from the club pro career and considering that, it is tough to predict how far he will take it going forward. I see no point in guessing what he will do, because I don't know anyone who saw his career coming and guessed this.

I was just giving a macro view of his current career's work up to this point. I know there are many chapters to written yet for Poulter.

Mathematically it is probably a mistake to put your best last. Someone has probably written a paper on it. Maybe Tiger and Davis didn't take many math classes in college. You see tactical mistakes like this in football with the misuse of the 2 point conversion.

Probably so, but higher learning aside, how do you not want to be a factor when you know what the other team has to do. Purely from a competitor's mindset, how do you take yourself out of the mix? The reality and the legend continue to grow farther apart.

Watching Furyk putt on 17 and 18 was like have a golf nightmare in real time. The nightmare where you line the shot up 17 times in your nightmare comes to life. Combined with the US Open finish, beyond brutal.

I give Kaymer credit for rolling in the putt on 18. I thought the odds on doing that were very low.

Last edited:
Wow, I don't even know where to start with this disaster. hindsight is 20/20, but I never like leaving Mahan off the team and picking both fuyk and stricker. I liked one of them, but not both.

Even with that, can't really blame Davis for the trainwreck that was furyk, phil, stricker, bubba, snedeker, kuchar, simpson, all played poorly today.

I didn't mind leaving Mahan off especially after what happened 2 years ago AND he hasn't done anything since winning the Match play and Shell in early April.

Train wreck is the best way to describe the day. All you have to get in 4 1/2 of 12 points and you get 3 1/2. Absolute choke job. They played with joy all week and had fun, today....

lia41985

Biggest shocker today is that an elite ball striker like Bubba (drive-hold release and spine-engine-driven swing) got smoked by Luke Donald, a flip-roller who is only treading water. They must have filmed today's action with something other than a Casio.

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator

Interesting

I began to have questions when I heard Phil and Keegan were not going back out yesterday afternoon because they needed to rest. They played 12 holes that morning?!? I thought these guys were athletes (sorta), wtf...

66er

New
Oooo yeah!!! Ok I'm done, I was planning on posting this early but i thought at the time people would have call me a sore loser. Jack was commentating and in studio on our coverage and said something I was thinking. Captains shouldn't be allowed to touch the course. You know if I were on the American team I'd be almost embarrassed how the course was set up nearly insulted(he didn't say that part). Analyse it all you want the Americans couldn't keep that kind of putting up it was just plain insane Friday and Saturday.

ZAP

New
I am sure there are some real insightful posts on this thread but I am just too sick to my stomach to read any of them.
Just unbelievable.

lia41985

JimFurykEndorsements.jpg

Time for a change:
5.jpg

Biggest shocker today is that an elite ball striker like Bubba (drive-hold release and spine-engine-driven swing) got smoked by Luke Donald, a flip-roller who is only treading water. They must have filmed today's action with something other than a Casio.

What do the stats show? Who has a better short game and putting stroke? Bubba or Luke?

Fair enough but on the other hand, it was hard to imagine that things would melt down so badly that Tiger's match would be irrelevant. And I think that was the logic. If things melt down badly, you want a pressure player like Tiger there as your firewall.

Status
Not open for further replies.