Secret Research Mission

Status
Not open for further replies.

ej20

New
What is project 1.68 going to be mainly about?Blowing up a lot of current methods or is it going to be a teaching method itself?

I sense a wind of foreboding blowing amongst all the "feeel" golfers ... and a scientific tsunami will soon sweep you and your fantasies away ... and it's called Project 1.68 ... BManz has seen the "light" and it's the torch of scientific truth that will conquer all.

Trackman, D-plane and greater minds have convince BManz that The Truth is in simple science ... and BManz will soon descend from the mount and bring us The Word ... and that word will free us all of our golfswing miseries ... believe it.

Prepare for Great Enlightenment ... it's coming ... soon I hope because y'all need it bad ...:eek:

As you suggested to someone else, I searched past posts by you(horton) and must say it was a good read. Your writing style is a bit different now, though. Having never been a "TGMer", I found many of the responses to your posts somewhat amusing knowing what is now known. Maybe you are one of "secret" destinations?

Just my 2 cents. I personally loooovvvee the idea of all those conceited misguided Kool Aiders having to eat humble pie when the facts come out. I fear for their sanity though - having been brainwashed into believing stuff that they didn't understand but which made them feel clever, it will be a harsh blow to their self confidence to finally find out that they weren't the special ones after all. Maybe someone should set up a rehabilitation center for them to take refuge and be treated until they have recovered?

ZAP

New
The only thing I can tell you for sure is until I started reading and studying here I thought I had to hit the "inside quarter" of the ball to make it go straight. I was also convinced that the club had to come down the same plane it went up. Spent a lot of time trying to make those things happen and figured I must be shutting the face too much because the ball hooked off the earth. So I started hitting a push. I am looking forward to learning.

S

SteveT

As you suggested to someone else, I searched past posts by you(horton) and must say it was a good read. Your writing style is a bit different now, though. Having never been a "TGMer", I found many of the responses to your posts somewhat amusing knowing what is now known. Maybe you are one of "secret" destinations?

... or I may be Brian's worst nightmare ....:eek: :eek: :eek:

Just my 2 cents. I personally loooovvvee the idea of all those conceited misguided Kool Aiders having to eat humble pie when the facts come out. I fear for their sanity though - having been brainwashed into believing stuff that they didn't understand but which made them feel clever, it will be a harsh blow to their self confidence to finally find out that they weren't the special ones after all. Maybe someone should set up a rehabilitation center for them to take refuge and be treated until they have recovered?

I doubt they will be eating "humble pie". They'll just simply ignore it. That's what anyone does who is confronted with devastating arguments that completely destroy their belief system. Nit pick one or two things that may not be perfectly and precisely said and try to claim the whole argument is flawed, or ignore the statement altogether only to regurgitate what they have already said.

Most of us TGM background guys have never been sane anyway (maybe O'Grady? jk), Wulsy. We are golf NUTS. Don't you listen to each other? Fellow nuts rejoice!
McHatton told me early on that Homer knew his science had lots of room for improvement. My "answers" have always had asterisks, but my passion, never--my ability to help golfers get better, never.
My circle of TGMers all compress it a little better than most of our colleagues...lots of mini-tour and club pro victories for my 6 best friends...some US Open and PGA Tour appearances. My best student is the D3 National Champ and Jack Nicklaus award winner. Not trying to brag, but letting you know that lots of this (this website) was built on the shoulders of TGM. Granted, my group aren't the literalist fundamentalists (doesn't that mindset just ruin everything in the world?!), and we love learning new stuff and applying it.
This is all part of the scientific method and we're getting there.
My re-hab and refuge happens every time I or one of my clients strike a blueprint shot.

S

SteveT

That would be if you prove to be a book literalist, and knew how wrong TGM was all along! ;) :D

Science is usually found in book ... literally ... but there are some books that purport to be 'science' and are only rubbish (TGM).

Now if TGMers retreated into a "method" bunker, then they might gain some credibility.

If any of the TGM GSEB's, M's and D's had an inkling about science, they would have rejected Homer a long time ago ... but none of those with the TGM designations understand nor can defend Chapter 2 .. they are ALL 'science-ignorant' ... and that's why TGM is not a 'science-based' method .. it's strictly based on Homer's personal musings.

Harvey Penick Little Red Book, page 74 -- "Golfers are gullible."

SteveT (aka Horton) -- "Golfswing instructors are desperate for knowledge."

Last edited:
S

SteveT

McHatton told me early on that Homer knew his science had lots of room for improvement. My "answers" have always had asterisks, but my passion, never--my ability to help golfers get better, never.
My circle of TGMers all compress it a little better than most of our colleagues....... Not trying to brag, but letting you know that lots of this (this website) was built on the shoulders of TGM. Granted, my group aren't the literalist fundamentalists (doesn't that mindset just ruin everything in the world?!), and we love learning new stuff and applying it.
This is all part of the scientific method and we're getting there.
My re-hab and refuge happens every time I or one of my clients strike a blueprint shot.

Will you admit that you can't explain TGM 'scientifically' as Homer espoused in Chapter 2 ... because you are only a good golfer, communicator, teacher ... but totally 'scientific-ignorant" ..??!!!

Will you confirm that nobody within TGM can competently connect Homer's "engineering science" to his golfswing observations and musings?

When people bear the qualifications of "Bachelor, Master or Doctorate", their education should have no gaping holes filled with ignorance. Homer wasn't scientifically educated, nor did he present 'science' in TGM in a competent manner .. in fact Chapter 2 if filled with 'rubbish' that only made sense to Homer in his fantacising.

Homer and TGM insults all "engineers" because his science is wrong wrong wrong ... and for you to bear the title of 'Engineer' is a total scam ...!!!

footwedge

I have a question for you Steve T aka Horton, where have you been for the last 6 or 7yrs. since you feel strongly about TGM's lack of science or whatever you want to call it, why the long silence or were you around with a different identity? It's hard to believe that you just decided to pop up after 6 or 7 yrs., what's the story? Or were you on a secret mission also...lol.

S

SteveT

LOL .. footwedge ... hey, I got a life away from golf which is only a silly game ... somewhere between archery and shuffleboard ... LOL

Seriously, when golf is so bathed in abject ignorance and filled with desperate, naive, gullible, childish adults flailing about in futility and expressing their 'love' for the game and all those great golf icons ... I just sat back and watched and waited and waited .... until ... by pure chance I checked in on the BManz forum and saw "mandrin" my old buddy in arms against Homer(pbuh), TGM and Brian, and he was still posting his scientific 'gems' ... well that brought me back from the dead ... LOL

NOW .. I see that Brian has seen the Light of Science and it was because he is a logical fellow and TrackMan really blew him away ... because it's partly based on Jorgensen's (Physics of Science) D-plane.

I've been quietly playing golf, and I must admit less each year ... and now in the winter doldrums I have arisen like the phoenix from the ashes ...LOL

footwedge

LOL .. footwedge ... hey, I got a life away from golf which is only a silly game ... somewhere between archery and shuffleboard ... LOL

Seriously, when golf is so bathed in abject ignorance and filled with desperate, naive, gullible, childish adults flailing about in futility and expressing their 'love' for the game and all those great golf icons ... I just sat back and watched and waited and waited .... until ... by pure chance I checked in on the BManz forum and saw "mandrin" my old buddy in arms against Homer(pbuh), TGM and Brian, and he was still posting his scientific 'gems' ... well that brought me back from the dead ... LOL

NOW .. I see that Brian has seen the Light of Science and it was because he is a logical fellow and TrackMan really blew him away ... because it's partly based on Jorgensen's (Physics of Science) D-plane.

I've been quietly playing golf, and I must admit less each year ... and now in the winter doldrums I have arisen like the phoenix from the ashes ...LOL

Damn it,:( i was hoping you were some kind of secret agent or even double agent but your just an ordinary human, albeit a smart human, oh well....lol. Oh, wait you did say Phoenix ...aaahhh!

SteveT - someone here mentioned the evolution of your writing style since your "Horton" days. You know, the posts that you are continually flagging up as if its the rediscovery of a lost F Scott Fitzgerald manuscript. Did you go on a "Polemic for Attention Whores" course in the meantime? I can't wait for you to graduate and start writing about yourself in the third person.

As regards your post above, I believe that most people with any sense would understand that it's science's job to explain the hows and whys of effective teaching, such as I believe Bill's to be. It's not, however much you drone on about it, the teacher's job to explain the science.

I've got as little time for book literalism as the next guy - but you just crap on and on like a guy who's read Quantum Mechanics for Dummies and then thinks he can score points of any decent teacher who can't explain club-ball interaction in terms of quarks and neutrinos.

However much you huff and puff, I've yet to see a shred of evidence in anything you've posted that you
(a) know anything that would help anyone;
(b) even want to help anyone; or
(c) can actually play this game.

S

SteveT

SteveT
However much you huff and puff, I've yet to see a shred of evidence in anything you've posted that you
(a) know anything that would help anyone;
(b) even want to help anyone; or
(c) can actually play this game.

(a) I think I just helped dlam and he thanked me too: http://www.brianmanzella.com/forum/golfing-discussions/14548-left-thumb-position.html

(b) I tried to help Brian on the TGM science scam some 6 years ago .. and now he graciously acknowledges my efforts to enlighten him. Brian strives for self-improvement.

(c) Guilty ... I don't play golf ... I'm just an academic expert (which even Brian aspires to be now) ...:D

BTW ... were you one of the TGM-Homer attack trolls attempting to discredit me when I was 'Horton' (you should read up on 'Horton' in the forum archives) ..???

(a) I think I just helped dlam and he thanked me too: http://www.brianmanzella.com/forum/golfing-discussions/14548-left-thumb-position.html

(b) I tried to help Brian on the TGM science scam some 6 years ago .. and now he graciously acknowledges my efforts to enlighten him. Brian strives for self-improvement.

(c) Guilty ... I don't play golf ... I'm just an academic expert (which even Brian aspires to be now) ...:D

BTW ... were you one of the TGM-Homer attack trolls attempting to discredit me when I was 'Horton' (you should read up on 'Horton' in the forum archives) ..???

In order:

(a) I followed your link. If you helped dlam, then it was only through a classic example of the misappropriation of scientific terminology and concepts that you claim to despise. Read your own post and come back and tell us how a fulcrum might absorb momentum?

(b) Do you mean this http://www.brianmanzella.com/forum/golfing-discussions/14186-im-back.html ? Otherwise, I must have missed it.

(c) Academic expert? Aye right. What field is that then?

A TGM-Homer attack troll? You should know. I haven't changed my screen-name.

Status
Not open for further replies.