Sergio Garcia & The Tumble

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we get a sticky on this thread? It is possibly one of the most enlightening threads that I have ever read on this forum. Loads of good info and it has taken me years to figure out exactly what is in this thread.

Every once in a while, this thread should be resurrected. I learn something new everytime I read it.

Yea I agree... with regards to the "tumble" this guy gives a great video explaination

Bradley Hughes Golf- Impact - YouTube

He likes the shaft pointing outside the plane line late, closed to the target late, and then shows how the club must be repositioned (tumble) to be able to make contact, otherwise youd shank it.

He is big into Hogan and other great underplaners that were marvellous ball strikers.

Yea I agree... with regards to the "tumble" this guy gives a great video explaination

Bradley Hughes Golf- Impact - YouTube

He likes the shaft pointing outside the plane line late, closed to the target late, and then shows how the club must be repositioned (tumble) to be able to make contact, otherwise youd shank it.

He is big into Hogan and other great underplaners that were marvellous ball strikers.

For most, toxic nonsense I think.

ej20

New
For most, toxic nonsense I think.
I agree.Most players can't flatten and then apply an extremely late tumble to square up.I have spoken before about flat swings and the subsequent need for forearm rotational skills and most don't have these skills.

I think most players should just try to stay more onplane ie.not overly laid off or steep in transition and then work on a good handpath.

Hughes is yet another guy using Hogan to sell his message.It's become very popular on the internet.

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator
I agree.Most players can't flatten and then apply an extremely late tumble to square up.I have spoken before about flat swings and the subsequent need for forearm rotational skills and most don't have these skills.

I think most players should just try to stay more onplane ie.not overly laid off or steep in transition and then work on a good handpath.

Hughes is yet another guy using Hogan to sell his message.It's become very popular on the internet.

One way or the other, the club still has to flatten more than the hand path before the tumble

Status
Not open for further replies.