Shanking—the STONE TRUTH.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes indeed, I did read this entire thread and I don't care what anyone says, swinging the spot still "feels" to me like swinging the club face closed throughout the entire swing sequence. Nevertheless, shots do compress off the face with a low penetrating, bullet piercing like trajectory that feels good to the hands, wrists and arms when swinging this way; especially, in the finish position, as I watch the ball rise from the backspin that I've just imparted on it. Now, that's what I call compressing the snot of a golf ball. Anyway, it good to hear from you again.

sorry, i dont even know you

and i dont understand what your talking about. you must have no idea what lagging the hosel or sweetspot is.

thats not an insult. you just need educating. search sweetspot lag feel on youtube, then re-read the thread

sorry, i dont even know you

and i dont understand what your talking about. you must have no idea what lagging the hosel or sweetspot is.

thats not an insult. you just need educating. search sweetspot lag feel on youtube, then re-read the thread

Pecky, I didn't say that I know you--or you know me. I said that it's good to hear from you again-meaning, every time I post something in one golf forum or another to someone else, other than you, relating to the golf swing, I always seem to get a response from you or someone else, who post under the name, Pecky. If that not you, I apologize.

Pecky, I didn't say that I know you--or you know me. I said that it's good to hear from you again-meaning, every time I post something in one golf forum or another to someone else, other than you, relating to the golf swing, I always seem to get a response from you or someone else, who post under the name, Pecky. If that not you, I apologize.

this is the only forum i post on. i look around bombsquad for equipment every now and again, and did post on mike jacobs for a while, but i always end up back here, and dont want to go any place.

apology accepted

Can swinging in to out (out to the right) cause shanks even though the clubhead is coming in square. I have the shanks for some reason and I know I need to lag the sweetspot but I used to have a tendency of coming to far from the inside. any help? But if you come from in to out and have the proper mechanics, turning hips and such with pivot it shouldn't shank right?

Can swinging in to out (out to the right) cause shanks even though the clubhead is coming in square. I have the shanks for some reason and I know I need to lag the sweetspot but I used to have a tendency of coming to far from the inside. any help? But if you come from in to out and have the proper mechanics, turning hips and such with pivot it shouldn't shank right?

How do you know the clubhead is coming in square?

You need to shake the sugar.

Swinging too far in-to-out can get you under the sweet spot late in the downswing, causing a shank. The face may not be very open, but you can still get the shank by being so far under the sweet spot.

And I'm not sure if this is accurate, but to me a really strong right hand grip can get you under the sweet spot pretty easily as well. I'll refer to Brian and the others for that one though.

I would think more of a weak RH grip if anything cause it gets you more open.

I really am not sure though. And not much experience with strong RH grips cause to me they are odd.

Thread bump

Brian,

This is an unabashed thread bump. Your concept regarding substituting the feel of the hosel for the feel of the sweet-spot as being the root cause of the shank is IMHO your single most brilliant insight ever! Your video description, when you're holding a hammer, explaining that most folks block the sweet-spot out with the hosel and the shaft is for me the golden nugget. That idea pertains to the swing in general...not just shanking...it is brilliant!!!!!!!!!!

I made my 12 year old baseball playing son go to the range with me on Friday..he stuggled..I searched this site for guidance...came upon this thread...used this sweet-spot getting blocked by the hosel idea...went back to the range on Saturday...all well with Mini-Tobell once again. Surely others can benefit from this thread during the start of the season. Thanks!!!!

Jim Kobylinski

Super Moderator
Thank God tobell...i thought someone responded to this to prolong this damn thread out further and i was close to just wanting to lock it.

BUT

It is nice to hear such a nice story and i'm glad it worked for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.