Three Large Pieces of BALONEY!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbl

New
In that other thread, shooting a laser down a plane board doesn't show how the club will impact a ball. The clubface would be much more near the aft of the ball. So, as always, various aiming points, intent, and the reality of actual impact can vary considerably. But BM seeking out what the truth is (and how to teach golfers so as to improve) is a marvelous thing. Cheers and Merry Christmas.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
He wins....

One of a long time forum member, horton, was so smart! Can't see him any more...why? Might be he lost his interest to discuss with most of the guys here as he always lost! He should win, at least once!

http://www.brianmanzella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4722&highlight=inside-aft+quadrant

You see, KOC, I argued from ignorance myself. Lots of folks thought—mistakenly—that Homer Kelley was somehow infallible.

He wasn't, he gave us a great gift, now we need to do like Ben Hogan said about his information:

"Hopefully someone can take what I have learned and go on from there..."​

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Great Question!

"I gonna come down the same way and gonna angle hinging...that ball went higer and about nearly 10 yards to the right..."

Shall we need a version 2.0 on manzellashorts1 too. BTW, how you did that in the demo with different ball flight?

The different ball-flights are caused from PREPARING to follow-through in a certain manner. ;)

The different ball-flights are caused from PREPARING to follow-through in a certain manner. ;)

This seems to be true - the pre-impact clubface behaviour in angled hinge feels (and is) different to horizontal hinge.

The resisting impact deceleration has been discussed alot before - but the concept of a lagging sensation at pp3 experienced through impact interval still seems a good thing to have ... even if the reason is something other than Homer described. Did Dr. Zick have any definitive way of proving that the deceleration resistance was incorrect?

When it comes to inner aft quadrant stuff... I am not convinced that Dr. Z has altered much... Homer Kelley just said which quadrant to hit ... never stating where on that quadrant to hit... Dr. Zick still says hit the ball on the inner aft quadrant...but he specifies where within that quadrant.

To those who have used an 11 degree impact angle ...by my calculations that equates to an impact spot about 1 dimple inside the ball -to-target line.... which is what Dr. Zick says.... So is it that different?

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Hey Bulldog! There's HETRZ and there's "not exactly"

Here are some pics I took quite awhile to put together, on Christmas Eve night.

First the pic:

hertz.jpg

A. This is the closest I can come to the Dr. Zick example with Horizontal Hinging. The Clubface would close to nearly square, and the ball would go "practically" dead straight.

B. The only way to hit the ball straight with the goofy 11° inside-out line—albeit straight to the right—is to use Angled Hinging, swing 11° out to right field, and have the face stay just about there. Fore!

C. Quack! Quack! This would produce a duck hook, and with a driver, the ball would not get AIRBORNE, starting nearly at the target and snapping faster than a turtle.

D. A pretty large hook, but it would go somewhere near the target with no clubface rotation.

E. Ditto, with some rotation.

I pick A.

tank

New
Brian, because the club-head travels on a wider arc than the hands do, is that why one can concentrate the path of the hands on the inside aft quadrant, and have the club-head contact the ball more squarely (as opposed to where the hands are focused)?

Thanks Brian - nice diagrams

Merry Christmas Brian - I hope that your family keep you busy this Christmas and you do not have time to reply - you deserve the rest.

WOW

Thanks for the pictures, Brian. Looks like a lot of work, but it seems like you enjoy using your computer skills.

Very cool. Hope you are having a Merry Christmas and enjoy a happy New Year!

ALSO, Go LSU

guys, FORCE goes downplane to the inside aft of the ball, whether you have a open plane line or horizontal/angled hinging. The concept of inside aft quadrant as a teaching tool should not be used to control the clubface.

Shouldn't all of the major club and ball manufacturers have the correct impact alignments and data, due to all of their high speed cameras and high-tec gear?

Would you recommend Howie in the hills as a resort?

At the recent "Golfing Machine" Summit, at Mission Inn in Howey-in-the-Hills, Florida, three things that some have accepted as fact, were completely BLOWN UP FOREVER by Dr. Aaron Zick.

I'll post in depth about all three, but...for now....what do you think they were? :cool:

Brian Manzella

Administrator
guys, FORCE goes downplane to the inside aft of the ball, whether you have a open plane line or horizontal/angled hinging. The concept of inside aft quadrant as a teaching tool should not be used to control the clubface.

Leo,

I'd change that line to CLUBHEAD as well.

This "all force goes down and out" sounds good, but remember the EQUAL AND OPPOSITE forces. ;)

Brian Manzella

Administrator
They know all...

Shouldn't all of the major club and ball manufacturers have the correct impact alignments and data, due to all of their high speed cameras and high-tec gear?

Somewhere along the way, the equipment companies decided THEIR bottom-line would be better off IF they said "I know nothing."

They should be ashamed. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.