TIGER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I hope the real thing is going to show up sooner than later or we might lose Tiger for good. I think somewhere in there Tiger still exists but who knows if he will ever show up in full force again.... It's becoming a sad thing to witness how greatness can be destroyed by those that can't but think they know how!

Tiger was just so good it took a lot longer to coach the greatness out of him. Sometimes if it ain't broke just maybe leave it alone. Gone baby gone. 2000 was a great vintage and would have matured beautifully on it's own! Sad! so Sad!

Tiger comes to someone and they saw him do what he do better than anyone do ....so what do they do .... yes that's right
they decide to improve him! Of course Tiger has to take some of the responsibility for this debacle but remember the first rule of teaching ...TRY TO DO NO HARM!!!

Rant over.

Last edited:
Just to clarify... I'm not talking about Chris C. I'm talking before Chris C. Chris is trying to take out the trash so to speak...it's a dirty job and sometimes the dirt just wants to stick around, time will tell if Chris and Tiger can clean it up.

It's a shame the others left such a mess!

I know this is sacrilege around here but I have to agree with Brandel Chamblee. I think, for whatever reasons, it's not working out with Chris Como. He needs to put the Tiger-tail between his legs and call Butch. He's had months to work on this new swing and the ones I've seen him make look awful. I think top flite professional golfers don't need this much time to show improvement if what they are working on fits them. Apparently there is some disconnect between what Chris is teaching and what Tiger is taking from the lessons.
And I'll save Brian the trouble...I don't know what I'm talking about. It's just my opinion...worth what it costs to read this post.

Just to clarify... I'm not talking about Chris C. I'm talking before Chris C. Chris is trying to take out the trash so to speak...it's a dirty job and sometimes the dirt just wants to stick around, time will tell if Chris and Tiger can clean it up.

It's a shame the others left such a mess!

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Why does anyone think that Butch will wave some sort of magic wand and Tiger will return to form?

Now, Chris can get all the blame if everyone likes, but this story has a ways to go, so you might want to not show ALL your cards—so to speak. ;)

It has nothing to do with instructors. He is a pro that shot 85 on one of his favorite courses. It is a mental issue. What Como is teaching is not causing the problem.

ZAP

New
Tiger has not played anything close to a full season since the US Open he won in 2008. I would like to see what happens if he can stay healthy for a stretch.

I hope Tiger isn't using golf tournaments to work on his swing. The guy probably hits 500+ balls a day. He gets plenty of swing practice. He needs scoring practice and you only get that in competitive rounds.
BTW, I have nothing against Chris Como or think that Harmon has some sort of magic. I just have never seen Tiger swing as well as he did under Harmon. I haven't liked any of the moves Tiger has made under his other instructors. I don't know what he and Como are working on but that squat, flat downswing and wrap around follow through are just god awful compared to the more single plane move he had when he first started. I'll just bet he can't even make that move any more so Butch may even be out of luck.
It's great theater though. Brian, I'd love to hear you comment more on what is going on (if you are privy to that information) or what you think is going on (if you are not privy to what Como and Tiger are working on).
As always, your insights are much appreciated.

If anyone thinks that Tiger Woods was trying to shoot a score and shit 85, they are coo-coo for coco puffs.

It has nothing to do with instructors. He is a pro that shot 85 on one of his favorite courses. It is a mental issue. What Como is teaching is not causing the problem.

Yeah ok ... what caused this " mental issue"? Maybe all the goofy conflicting instruction which eventually eroded what he had...then when it starts going sideways it becomes a "mental issue". Tiger has won in spite of not because of!

He did things he needed to do, shot 85 and the world didn't end. I think he might be on his way.

Yeah I think he needs to shoot a good score that's what he needs to do in competition...there is no prizes on his Tour for shooting 85's! These excuses about Tiger getting better have gone on for years now ... time to pony up. These so called experts with Tigers ok taught the greatness out of him and like I said it took longer to show up because he was sooo good.

I love to have seen some expert telling M. Jordan at the peak of his game how to play basketball and how he should shoot.... that's what they did to Tiger...Shamefull!

Why does anyone think that Butch will wave some sort of magic wand and Tiger will return to form?

Now, Chris can get all the blame if everyone likes, but this story has a ways to go, so you might want to not show ALL your cards—so to speak. ;)

I think it's because Tiger kept his arms infront of his body much better under Butch and kept his width in his downswing. I think if he did those 2 things better he would dip a lot less as when you get so narrow I think subconsciously you feel like you have to lose height to make contact. I have seen very few people who cast the club lose height, most of them stand up.

I'm disappointed that his swing looks more or less like it did under Haney except his grip is more neutral and online at the top as I thought he would go back towards more the way it was under Butch. At least he's not leaning it like he was under Foley anymore and he might get his distance control back.

I feel sorry for Chris, labeling him a 'consultant' makes it evident that this is Tiger's show and although Chris can make suggestions, Tiger is going to go in the direction he wants to go in regardless of what Chris thinks.

Yeah I think he needs to shoot a good score that's what he needs to do in competition...there is no prizes on his Tour for shooting 85's! !

That 85 was the wobbling Terminator going all in, attempting to rewire his CPU. Could be a turning point.

i'll say this one time and i hope some of you crazy people on here get this... he is in the middle of rebuilding his swing... rebuilding his swing. before he started the tournament he said he had made some more changes to his swing. when you are rebuilding your swing you cannot i repeat cannot think about your score unless it's a major. you have to go out and try to take what you have been practicing at home into a tournament. phil does it all the time...and tries it out and misses the cut no big deal.

a while ago it was "he has the yips" and now it's "he has lost his way". please! didn't rory change his clubs and we didn't hear from him for a year? that was just changing clubs. didn't he shoot an 80 this year. 80! and he's not working on swing changes.

if tiger woods is healthy and can practice like he wants he will be fine. it just takes time.

i'll say this one time and i hope some of you crazy people on here get this... he is in the middle of rebuilding his swing... rebuilding his swing. before he started the tournament he said he had made some more changes to his swing. when you are rebuilding your swing you cannot i repeat cannot think about your score unless it's a major. you have to go out and try to take what you have been practicing at home into a tournament. phil does it all the time...and tries it out and misses the cut no big deal.

a while ago it was "he has the yips" and now it's "he has lost his way". please! didn't rory change his clubs and we didn't hear from him for a year? that was just changing clubs. didn't he shoot an 80 this year. 80! and he's not working on swing changes.

if tiger woods is healthy and can practice like he wants he will be fine. it just takes time.

Yeah well no one here is crazy and the proof is in the results. Where is Haney? Where is Foley? Why are they gone? Oh...I know everything was working so well Tiger just thought hey let me get rid of these guys I'm too good right now...lol!

And "if "is the biggest word in the dictionary. You can tell Tiger was not happy with the results ...no interviews! It just takes time for a bunch of inept coaches who think they know what Tiger needs to mess him up. The reason he is with Como is because all the other crap wasn't working. Tiger won in spite of it,.. just call me crazy but I'm thinking that is a fact!

It's the longest rebuild in the history of golf with 3 different instructors...kind of tells you something! Proof is in the results not the excuses!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.