Tiger's Affair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Kobylinski

Super Moderator
I think Tiger definitely had some rust, but his bad swings today still came from that laid off backswing to push cut follow through via Haney. Every shot that he has hit a soft draw this week the club has been much more down the line and he has had a much better result. I would say with the lower body working better the laid off swing won't be as wild because he'll clear a little better, but it still causes problems. Perfect example: yesterday he hit a high draw with is 3 iron from 247 on the green, today he lays it off and hits a push cut from 233 and comes up 15 yards short, granted there were other variables, however his backswing makes a huge difference.

That being said, with his short game I would say a win is in the very near future followed by a few more for '09.

this is an excellent summary

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Tiger's Swing and Body.

Tiger Woods is very flexible and fairly strong.

But there are folks less strong than Tiger that could "do" his swing technically just as good as he does.

His left knee snapping is no more violent than others on the PGA Tour, indeed no more than some of the LPGA Tour.

We had some good posts and some not so good on Tiger's athletic ability.

I deleted them all, and will delete any new ones.

Tiger's swing DOES NOT REQUIRE any real athleticism, just some flexibility, and a little strength.

I think his problems ahead will be more because of Haney's poor pattern, then Tiger's knee.

Still, with the knee—which will be fine, and the swing—which will continue to produce great shots and off the chart crooked ones, Tiger is easily golf best player, and will stay at the top of the heap for now.

Period.

Tom Bartlett

Administrator
will you post a short video of you making "his" swing to back that up. no instruction or anything just a swing clip.

Pay attention, you might learn something.

He said, "there are folks less strong than Tiger that could "do" his swing technically just as good as he does."

Tiger's "normal swing" with the driver at age 17 hits the ball just as long if not longer than his current "normal swing". This tells me he can generate some pretty amazing clubhead speed with some pretty good impact conditions. To me, you got to have some degree of athleticism to do that (power, speed, coordination, precision).

Guitar Hero

Tiger's "normal swing" with the driver at age 17 hits the ball just as long if not longer than his current "normal swing". This tells me he can generate some pretty amazing clubhead speed with some pretty good impact conditions. To me, you got to have some degree of athleticism to do that (power, speed, coordination, precision).

Incredible Hand and Eye coordination is what Tiger Had when he was 17 with excellent impact alignments. Now Tiger has added muscle to his Incredible Hand and Eye coordination with excellent impact alignments.

Tiger learned to play the game at a very young age. He was always playing matches where he learned his mental toughness or edge over other golfers.

This mental toughness or edge over other golfers is what really makes Tiger Great. He believes every time he tees it up he will win.

No choke Factor with Tiger as well.

Pay attention, you might learn something.

He said, "there are folks less strong than Tiger that could "do" his swing technically just as good as he does."

pay attention to what i quoted. he is arguing that it doesnt take much athletic ability to make Tiger's swing. i disagree. if what he is saying is true, then he should be able to replicate his swing quite easily.

pay attention to what i quoted. he is arguing that it doesnt take much athletic ability to make Tiger's swing. i disagree. if what he is saying is true, then he should be able to replicate his swing quite easily.

you are assuming athleticism alone determines the shape of one's swing. It doesn't.

Tom Bartlett

Administrator

It really doesn't matter what YOU said...that's not what Brian said. What you Quoted isn't what he said. He said, "there are FOLKS less strong than Tiger that could "do" his swing technically just as good as he does."

Brian doesn't have the flexibility or build. That's why he didn't include himself in his statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.