to the point of having trouble watching Tiger play golf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone try watching Tiger play yesterday? As a long time Tiger fan, it's gotten to the point for me that I find it almost painful to watch him hit. I watched half the round yesterday, and he must have hit 7-8 huge misses right and not just with a driver, finishing with that high right shoulder move (what is that about? reverse axis tilt?). I think during his time off after missing the cut for The Open he must have decided that he needed to get into a more exaggerated version of that laid-off/parallel plane position for his irons that has been working so well for his driver.

I guess on the plus side, we get to see him hit lots of creative shots from deep rough and bunkers on the right side of the greens now.

Tiger being Tiger, I guess it's altogether possible he finds a way to win from the right treeline and deep rough yet again, but I thought it was very hard to watch. That was a first for me.

Last edited:

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator
Didnt think id ever say it but i think you're right. Im actually kinda surprised when he hits one where he's looking. And im a huge Tiger fan.

Friday at the British Open was the hardest to watch for me. Fat and 60 yards right with a 5 wood off the box cuts you pretty deep if you're a Tiger fan. Apparently he worked on something the past two weeks, just not anything that will keep him from playing army golf. I wonder how much longer it will be before he moves on from Haney, if at all. Just throwin' it out there for the hell of it, I'd put the over/under at two months.

tank

New
Very painful to watch. Even with all the previous swing change stages he has gone through, this is the first time I can remember seeing that look on his face of total confusion and lack of confidence. Looks like he is playing with a swing that may work well on the range, but doesn't hold up in competition, and he cannot figure out why.

Good God, what a start...

I hope he does shoot 54 today, but whatever he shoots I still don't think you can discount how much he's struggled and the shots we've seen him hit lately.

I think there must be some sort of timing element to how he makes this current swing work on the range but sometimes can't get even close in a round?

Really, if you didn't see the rounds at the British Open or yesterday's round, you may have trouble believing how far he is off right now from hitting it where he is aiming it. He was off on short/medium irons by a very large margin yesterday.

Of course, he will probably shoot a 61 today and win.

Last edited:
Guys, he's #1 in money for the year with half the events of everyone else. He has 3 wins this year and is leading in Fed Ex cup points. He had major knee surgery a year ago. His B game beats everyone else's A game. Look's like his C game is still better than everyone's else's B game. Don't 'player hate' my boy now. We've come to expect too much.

not painful today he just went
birdie, birdie, eagle, birdie, birdie , par, birdie - shot 30 starting on the back 9!!!!

Guys, he's #1 in money for the year with half the events of everyone else. He has 3 wins this year and is leading in Fed Ex cup points. He had major knee surgery a year ago. His B game beats everyone else's A game. Look's like his C game is still better than everyone's else's B game. Don't 'player hate' my boy now. We've come to expect too much.

It's like he's proving he can beat everyone else while also carrying a piano on his back. Which he can, sometimes.

Last edited:
On a side note... John Daly makes a 10 on a par 5. Such a head case. I don't care how bad a golfer you are there is no way you should take a 10 unless he was pulling a "tin cup" or something.

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator
Tiger is always going to have the wins and the money but anyone with two eyes can see he isnt the player he was. Waaaaay too many foul balls.

Z

Zztop

Tiger is always going to have the wins and the money but anyone with two eyes can see he isnt the player he was. Waaaaay too many foul balls.

Isn't that the idea the wins and the money. He's still the same player with the same ability, just a rough patch or patch of rough, like a lot of players making changes sometimes they don't work or sometimes it takes longer for the changes to take hold. Also 9mos. off recovering from a serious knee injury might not help.

I'm sure we won't have to hold a charity event for Tiger anytime soon. Three wins, #1 ranking in the world, top of the money list, in the top five Fed Ex Cup points, yeah he's in real trouble!

Last edited:

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator
I never said he was in trouble, did I? He used to win multiple majors a year, changed his swing and hits an alarming amount of wild shots that he didnt use to hit. All fact, no opinion. Never said anything about him not playing well now or in the future.

Z

Zztop

I never said he was in trouble, did I? He used to win multiple majors a year, changed his swing and hits an alarming amount of wild shots that he didnt use to hit. All fact, no opinion. Never said anything about him not playing well now or in the future.

Did i say you said he was in trouble, no. Did i voice my opinion on your post, yes i did, having a perfect swing, or even his old swing means shite, it would be nice, but winning is the name of the game and hitting" alarming" shots sometimes goes with the territory, and Tiger has been known to hit a lot of wild shots before. Having an opinion is what makes this forum go round and round that's a FACT. Also winning Majors isn't exactly easy is it? never mind a couple a year, if it was more players would do it ,so relax he'll be back. Just my opinion of course.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.