to the point of having trouble watching Tiger play golf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did i say you said he was in trouble, no. Did i voice my opinion on your post, yes i did, having a perfect swing, or even his old swing means shite, it would be nice, but winning is the name of the game and hitting" alarming" shots sometimes goes with the territory, and Tiger has been known to hit a lot of wild shots before. Having an opinion is what makes this forum go round and round that's a FACT. Also winning Majors isn't exactly easy is it? never mind a couple a year, if it was more players would do it ,so relax he'll be back. Just my opinion of course.

If Tiger fixed his swing he would beat everyone by at least 5 shots every tournament..WHY??? because, he is a +3 handicap, compared to TOUR players, in the short game, and that may be conservative. He is at least that much better than them, when he has the time to work on it, and he isn't fighting his golf swing. He has the best short game we have ever seen on TOUR, ever, no contest, not even close, he's the best. That's why the guys on this forum that look at his swing and really know the golf swing, and know what he is being taught FREAK OUT. It is a joke how good he could be...a joke.JMO..of course.

Z

Zztop

If Tiger fixed his swing he would beat everyone by at least 5 shots every tournament..WHY??? because, he is a +3 handicap, compared to TOUR players, in the short game, and that may be conservative. He is at least that much better than them, when he has the time to work on it, and he isn't fighting his golf swing. He has the best short game we have ever seen on TOUR, ever, no contest, not even close, he's the best. That's why the guys on this forum that look at his swing and really know the golf swing, and know what he is being taught FREAK OUT. It is a joke how good he could be...a joke.JMO..of course.

I agree, but in the meantime he has to use what he's got, till he can fix whatever he decides needs fixing. I think he's proven how good he is, and sometimes people think he should be even greater, but the fact of the matter is in most sports even the great have down periods.

It doesn't mean that guys on the forum know what's best for Tiger just because they know the golf swing and they could screw Tiger up just as bad as the next so called expert, far as i know the short game is part of playing the game, like i said he knows how to win, pretty is as pretty does. Do you really think Tiger doesn't have the same info as people on this forum, that he isn't aware of the D PLANE etc. Geez.

He may never have a swing that you like or Kevin likes or i like, so what, it's about the W's like Tiger say's . I think he will be one of the best ever by the time he finishes his career, in my opinion, i could care less how he does it.

Last edited:
I agree, but in the meantime he has to use what he's got, till he can fix whatever he decides needs fixing. I think he's proven how good he is, and sometimes people think he should be even greater, but the fact of the matter is in most sports even the great have down periods.

It doesn't mean that guys on the forum know what's best for Tiger just because they know the golf swing and far as i know the short game is part of playing the game, like i said he knows how to win, pretty is as pretty does.

He may never have a swing that you like or Kevin likes or i like, so what, it's about the W's like Tiger say's . I think he will be one of the best ever by the time he finishes his career, in my opinion, i could care less how he does it.

ZZ my friend,
Tiger is golf, it is why we all get so worked up about his play. It is, why Brian posts his opinions on his swing and what he is working on. In the recent past I have been critical of people bashing on Tiger, just for the sake of bashing on him, and I will always be that way. Tiger, IMO, is not one of the greats he is in the elite, there is only one other name that should be mentioned with his in the discussion and that is Jack's. I have very little idea what he needs or should be doing, kinda like his current teacher, but I trust Brian's analysis and the other Manzella Academy instructors I have spoken to. I really wish he would listen. I am a big Tiger fan, because I believe he is Golf, and he is bigger than anyone to ever play this game. He does, some stupid things on the course, like cursing and being a poor sport sometimes...but, he is golf and he is the best that we currently have. IMO, if he were to stumble upon this great FAMILY we have here at the Manzella academy forum, he could be something we may never ever see in this game..truely something, unbelievable and special. Just another supporter and forever will be a supporter of this great site and it's wonderful contributers..So, Tiger if you are reading, please,please,ploease..listen to what is said here and listen.

Z

Zztop

ZZ my friend,
Tiger is golf, it is why we all get so worked up about his play. It is, why Brian posts his opinions on his swing and what he is working on. In the recent past I have been critical of people bashing on Tiger, just for the sake of bashing on him, and I will always be that way. Tiger, IMO, is not one of the greats he is in the elite, there is only one other name that should be mentioned with his in the discussion and that is Jack's. I have very little idea what he needs or should be doing, kinda like his current teacher, but I trust Brian's analysis and the other Manzella Academy instructors I have spoken to. I really wish he would listen. I am a big Tiger fan, because I believe he is Golf, and he is bigger than anyone to ever play this game. He does, some stupid things on the course, like cursing and being a poor sport sometimes...but, he is golf and he is the best that we currently have. IMO, if he were to stumble upon this great FAMILY we have here at the Manzella academy forum, he could be something we may never ever see in this game..truely something, unbelievable and special. Just another supporter and forever will be a supporter of this great site and it's wonderful contributers..So, Tiger if you are reading, please,please,ploease..listen to what is said here and listen.

I agree with you about Tiger , but i doubt that the latter part of your post will ever happen, but you never know. Also like i said in the edited post, i'm sure Tiger has knowledge of all these facts like D PLANE, TRACKMAN, etc.

I don't think Tiger has a clue about Jorgenens work, or the D-lane. TRACKMAM..yeah, but he doesn't know how to use it....yet.

Yet.

Once Tiger finds out about the D-Plane and the U-Plane he'll be fine.

The piano comment pretty much sums it up.

It would be atrocious, what he could do to a golf course without Haney's Handcuffs put on too tight.

Shame, because he's the ****ing man.

H

homelesstopgun

Did anyone try watching Tiger play yesterday? As a long time Tiger fan, it's gotten to the point for me that I find it almost painful to watch him hit. I watched half the round yesterday, and he must have hit 7-8 huge misses right and not just with a driver, finishing with that high right shoulder move (what is that about? reverse axis tilt?). I think during his time off after missing the cut for The Open he must have decided that he needed to get into a more exaggerated version of that laid-off/parallel plane position for his irons that has been working so well for his driver.

I guess on the plus side, we get to see him hit lots of creative shots from deep rough and bunkers on the right side of the greens now.

Tiger being Tiger, I guess it's altogether possible he finds a way to win from the right treeline and deep rough yet again, but I thought it was very hard to watch. That was a first for me.

I'm even more amazed at how he can just flip the switch and shoot nothing today. He's done this several times already this year. We have really got off on ripping his action and his coach and then he comes out proves that when the rubber meets the road talent trumps style any day. Amazing how he got where he's at without our sage advice.:eek:

H

homelesstopgun

Did i say you said he was in trouble, no. Did i voice my opinion on your post, yes i did, having a perfect swing, or even his old swing means shite, it would be nice, but winning is the name of the game and hitting" alarming" shots sometimes goes with the territory, and Tiger has been known to hit a lot of wild shots before. Having an opinion is what makes this forum go round and round that's a FACT. Also winning Majors isn't exactly easy is it? never mind a couple a year, if it was more players would do it ,so relax he'll be back. Just my opinion of course.

Yea it wasn't what, 5 years ago that Ames just said out loud what every player on tour knew- that Tiger was hitting it all over the lot. When he first got on tour he had no idea how far he hit his wedges and all the experts said he would never be consistant until he could flight his short irons and wedges.
Then there was the period of 3 years or so he was hitting his stinger because he was all over the place with his driver.

This guy put on an amazing ball striking display today and his action was pretty solid.

What are all the gurus gonna do if he were to go on a streak and win the next 3 weeks? My major concern is when is the rest of the world going to wake up and call him out for his behavior? I'm glad to see him strike the ball well and shoot nothing, but he needs to grow the Eff up and dispense with the hyjinx. He'll never be the golf icon that Jack was in the mind of golf purists. It's disrespectful to the game.

Z

Zztop

Yea it wasn't what, 5 years ago that Ames just said out loud what every player on tour knew- that Tiger was hitting it all over the lot. When he first got on tour he had no idea how far he hit his wedges and all the experts said he would never be consistant until he could flight his short irons and wedges.
Then there was the period of 3 years or so he was hitting his stinger because he was all over the place with his driver.

This guy put on an amazing ball striking display today and his action was pretty solid.

What are all the gurus gonna do if he were to go on a streak and win the next 3 weeks? My major concern is when is the rest of the world going to wake up and call him out for his behavior? I'm glad to see him strike the ball well and shoot nothing, but he needs to grow the Eff up and dispense with the hyjinx. He'll never be the golf icon that Jack was in the mind of golf purists. It's disrespectful to the game.

Maybe his bad behaviour will improve with time, like his short game did. You can always hope that's the case, as he is a parent of two small children himself, i'm sure he doesn't want them to copy his penchant for cursing, etc.

I dont buy 'but he's won 3 times' etc. The bottom line is that anyone who understands the golf swing knows that he is not fulfilling his potential with his current pattern. He wins in spite of his swing not because of it.

His current pattern seems to work when his tempo and timing is good. When it isnt he is going to be all over the place as we saw at Turnberry. We all have bad days but he needs to get away from Haney to reduce this inconsistency

Tiger already "knows" the D-plane. He can do whatever shot he wants. I'm sure he's never heard of it but he's been using the D-plane probably since he's been 8 (or whatever).

True, but as long as he's hitting these crazy rightward shots he doesn't know how to use the D-Plane or U-Plane.

My guess is he's trying to trace a straight plane line and the angle of attack is making his true path too rightward. Plus some other junk.

Just sayin...

I doubt Tiger needs any help from anybody , let alone all the keyboard warriors.
Mac Ogrady would be the man for Tiger to seek out, if anyone

Z

Zztop

I dont buy 'but he's won 3 times' etc. The bottom line is that anyone who understands the golf swing knows that he is not fulfilling his potential with his current pattern. He wins in spite of his swing not because of it.

His current pattern seems to work when his tempo and timing is good. When it isnt he is going to be all over the place as we saw at Turnberry. We all have bad days but he needs to get away from Haney to reduce this inconsistency

(His current pattern seems to work when his tempo and timing is good.)

Sounds like most people that play golf.

(I dont buy 'but he's won 3 times' etc.)

That's all that counts the " Wins" they don't ask how, they ask how many.
On the course Tiger plays golf not golfswing. He's a winner and he'll continue to win, Haney or no Haney.

Yeah 14 Majors 68 wins, he's not fullfilling his potential! What a Hacker that TIGER, ARE YOU SERIOUS?

Last edited:
Also, its worth noting that out of 9 stroke play events, not only did he win 3, he also had 5 top tens.

3 wins
5 top 10's
1 mc

Oh, and 2 under for the first 3 today!

(His current pattern seems to work when his tempo and timing is good.)

Sounds like most people that play golf.

(I dont buy 'but he's won 3 times' etc.)

That's all that counts the " Wins" they don't ask how, they ask how many.
On the course Tiger plays golf not golfswing. He's a winner and he'll continue to win, Haney or no Haney.

Yeah 14 Majors 68 wins, he's not fullfilling his potential! What a Hacker that TIGER, ARE YOU SERIOUS?

Golf is as much about your bad shots as it is your good. There is no doubt he could make his bad shots better.

Yes he has loads of wins and not denying that but the bottom line is he could have had more. He could be so much better than he is.

Today TW hit is all over the place off the tee and shoots 65 - he is so much better than anyone else in the field it is scary.

Z

Zztop

Golf is as much about your bad shots as it is your good. There is no doubt he could make his bad shots better.

Yes he has loads of wins and not denying that but the bottom line is he could have had more. He could be so much better than he is.[/QUOTE

How could anyone know if Tiger could have more wins? You could say that about Jack N. How many second place finishes did he have? It is what it is.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.