to the point of having trouble watching Tiger play golf

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Federer was a great winner of tournaments but every time he played COMPLETELY missed to tennis court with a serve, he WOULD work on his tennis stroke as he would know something is REALLY wrong.

It would be a bit naive to think Woods and Federer do not work on their mechanics ALL the time. I have to say Tiger really does need a change in direction mechanics wise. I think the best player in the world SHOULD be both straight and long with a driver if they know what the f&*k they are doing.

Tiger is always going to have the wins and the money but anyone with two eyes can see he isnt the player he was. Waaaaay too many foul balls.

I totally agree...in the day you never had to hold your breath for a real foul ball!
He should get Tom Watson as a swing coach.

Last edited:
Courses with lots of parallel fairways set-up well for Tiger right now. 40 yards right, 3-4 times a round? It puts you in the next fairway, while the guy who misses by 5 yards gets the rough. Bring on Firestone (loads of parallel fairways)!

Tiger was clearly hitting it where he was aiming with his irons Friday and Saturday, unlike Thursday. Clearly he can win on some courses with 3-4 foul balls right a round since he can nuke a 5-iron 230 yards over the tree line within a yard of two of where he is aiming and drain the dramatic 35 footer when he most wants to do so.

Pujols, Brady, Sidney Crosby, Lebron, Ronaldo, etc. never swore...................

How do you know these guys don't curse? The difference is there is no mike next to Tom Brady after he throws an interception. Also, isn't it possible the same characteristic that makes Tiger so ULTRA intense is what makes him as great as he is. Please do not think the two are mutually exclusive.

Just saw a video of Tiger's swing at the Buick. Seems to be keeping weight on the left side. Is he trying the s&t?

I noticed him practicing his pivot a little before the round, looked like he was trying to steepen the shoulder turn on the backswing.

H

homelesstopgun

doh!

What's crazy is either he doesn't know as much about the golf swing as he thinks he does or he thinks Haney knows what the hell he is doing. I went to HH's teaching the teacher school and I honestly don't remember what he told us. I do know that he and his staff love to grab the club and put you through the positions that they think you should be in. I was really dissapointed.

Z

Zztop

Just keeps on winning in spite of all the criticism of his swing, of his coach, of his.... . And he'll keep on winning because he's the best PLAYER of the game. Has the most talent and the strongest person mentally on tour, period end of story.

Last edited:
I Dvrd it and saw the "swing analysis" by Kostis...I noticed Tiger is set up more "behind" the ball with the driver. I don't know the PGA layout, but I hope it's WIDE open..Why is he trying to trace a base line further to the right? If he knows about the D-plane, he is doing a good job of hiding it.

Z

Zztop

I Dvrd it and saw the "swing analysis" by Kostis...I noticed Tiger is set up more "behind" the ball with the driver. I don't know the PGA layout, but I hope it's WIDE open..Why is he trying to trace a base line further to the right? If he knows about the D-plane, he is doing a good job of hiding it.

You can have another player that knows the D PLANE, THE U PLANE , THE X PLANE, THE A-Z PLANE, TRACE WHATEVER HE LIKES AND I'LL TAKE TIGER AGAINST THAT PLAYER IN A FINAL ROUND TO WIN A TOURNAMENT ANY DAY. Of course that's only in my opinion.

Z

Zztop

Come to think of it i'd take Jack, Arnie, Trevino, Hogan, Snead, Nelson, Jones etc. I wonder if they knew about the D plane, or had a Trackman to tell them how good they hit it? They all just got lucky i guess!

You can have another player that knows the D PLANE, THE U PLANE , THE X PLANE, THE A-Z PLANE, TRACE WHATEVER HE LIKES AND I'LL TAKE TIGER AGAINST THAT PLAYER IN A FINAL ROUND TO WIN A TOURNAMENT ANY DAY. Of course that's only in my opinion.

You're yelling. I'd take Tiger as well, but if he fixed his issues with his full swing, he may never lose again. He has that much game..When I watch him swing a golf club it just looks like so much work, it shouldn't look that hard. It seems to me that rather than having knee surgery again he is content with having back or hip surgery.

Z

Zztop

You're yelling. I'd take Tiger as well, but if he fixed his issues with his full swing, he may never lose again. He has that much game..When I watch him swing a golf club it just looks like so much work, it shouldn't look that hard. It seems to me that rather than having knee surgery again he is content with having back or hip surgery.

The caplock was on. Some of the time it is hard, other times it's like magic, anyone that's played for any length of time has gone through both, somedays you can do no wrong other days no right, that's just the nature of the beast.

Tiger is using what he's got right now. It will probably change over time and he'll use that, but he'll keep winning regardless.

With Tiger it is all about the putter. If he has that flat stick working, he can get away with hitting it all over hell's half acre and still manage to make clutch putts to make par or better enough to win any given tourny. IMO, he is the absolute best clutch putter in the history of the game, bar none. Even in the first round of this tourny, he had enough chances on the greens to be among the top 10 at the end of the day, but his putting was terrible and thus the -1 on a day with many were scoring in the mid 60s.

Z

Zztop

With Tiger it is all about the putter. If he has that flat stick working, he can get away with hitting it all over hell's half acre and still manage to make clutch putts to make par or better enough to win any given tourny. IMO, he is the absolute best clutch putter in the history of the game, bar none. Even in the first round of this tourny, he had enough chances on the greens to be among the top 10 at the end of the day, but his putting was terrible and thus the -1 on a day with many were scoring in the mid 60s.

The putter is for sure a big part but there's more to Tiger's game than just the putter, to have a chance to make those putts he has an incredible short game and recovery game, and every now and then he puts it all together.

How do you know these guys don't curse? The difference is there is no mike next to Tom Brady after he throws an interception. Also, isn't it possible the same characteristic that makes Tiger so ULTRA intense is what makes him as great as he is. Please do not think the two are mutually exclusive.

i sensed a little sarcasm in bcoak's statement.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Sanity.

When I go out of town for a few days, this place gets a little goofy.

Tiger Woods is—in my opinion—the best golfer ever.

When I see a golf swing, and spend time looking at it, I analyze it. It is what I do for a living.

There is NOTHING "wrong," per se, with Tiger Woods' swing.

When he make a good pass at it, he is controlling his D-Plans, his swing planes, his base line, clubface, flat left wrist (actually arched), and snap the crap out of his kinetic chain.

It is an "eliminate left" type of pattern, and he is strong enough to hit right-to-left shots with as well.

But, most of the time, I don't like it. Too many rights, not enough lefts for me.

I didn't get to see this Buick tournament, I was on a real vacation. But, to me, what I have seen of what Tiger lately is slowing of his pivot and adding some tumble.

I can't beat anybody, but I played some pretty good golf in 1987-88 with a very similar pattern. Michael Finney.

I have seen Tiger swing at it basically 7 different ways.

#1. Early Tiger, pre-Butchie.

#2. Slightly shorter backswing, '97 Masters lapped the field.

#3. First big swing change after '97 Masters, big flop.

#4. Second big swing change after '97 Masters. Won everything, and '00 Open by 15.

#5. '00 swing that went bad.

#6. Early Haney.

#7. '07 PGA Win-to '08 US Open win.​

Personally, I didn't love any of them.

So what?

He can beat me left-handed.

But I am a golf teacher. And I know what I am doing.

He can be A LOT BETTER. And one day, I predict—he will.

Now, does Tiger know about the D-Plane?

Absolutely.

Trackman?

He owns several.

Status
Not open for further replies.