Trackman data: PGA and LPGA Averages

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be interesting to track these trends over time, especially AoA and club path. The advantages of hitting up (with driver) and zeroing out (with all clubs) strike me as hard to ignore in a competitive environment. If anyone sees tour player TrackMan data going forward, this thread might be a good place to aggregate it.

I think Byron Nelson might have earned this title. Retired at 32 in 1946, one year after winning 11 in a row and 18 total wins on the season (with a 68.37 scoring average). Once he had enough money to buy the ranch he wanted, that was it. I've been studying a lot about him, he was amazing. If he hadn't retired so young we might have never even heard of Hogan. :p

Tournament golf was always a means to end; he really didnt like it. His nerves were shot and used to heave, yea vomit, before some big matches. Tournament golf literally made him sick

Jim Kobylinski

Super Moderator
Tournament golf literally made him sick

I'm sure it does to more people than is let out too. Didn't someone write a book about Q-school (before they changed the rules to get on tour recently) and i believe there was a line going to the bathroom due to the nerves on the last day.

Jared Willerson

Super Moderator
I have done spread sheet stuff with all the data on PGA tour.com. Basically it shows that 80% of tour players are within one standard deviation of the average and basically, discounting outliers, they are all within 10 yards of each other on any given drive.

Everyone makes a big deal out of bombing it but getting near the tour average, or lower, if you better optimize launch conditions off the tee will get you plenty of length.

Intersting that David Toms averages 292 when looking at strict driver efficiency data. Not too shabby for 104 clubhead speed.

Everyone makes a big deal out of bombing it but getting near the tour average, or lower, if you better optimize launch conditions off the tee will get you plenty of length.

Intersting that David Toms averages 292 when looking at strict driver efficiency data. Not too shabby for 104 clubhead speed.
Dance with the one you brung. Some of us will never bring the prom queen, but we can all make sure she wears plenty of makeup so she doesn't look like hell, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.