US Open at Olympic

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is going to be kind of fun to watch #1, #2, #3 McIllroy Donald and Westwood sulk and pout their way around for 75+

Your response isn't an example of Occam's razor.

Yes, it is. This simplest answer. Sure, the guys on tour hit shots and do things with their impact angles that lead to long irons that run out on the fairways, but the #1 reason is how the courses are set up. That was what my response was stating.

Your comments about Bubba, calling him a moron, combined with your response to me and your recent post about Rory, Westwood, and Donald prove to me that you are having a bad day. I hope it gets better.

Dariusz J.

This is going to be kind of fun to watch #1, #2, #3 McIllroy Donald and Westwood sulk and pout their way around for 75+

No surprise. These and a bunch more of them wouldn't be able to keep their cards if every tournament's set up was like that.

More loose notes (after watching 3 hours of the event):
- rough does not look that penal; there should be places with much higher one further from fairways and greens so that the only choice (if the ball can be found) was to wedge it back to the fairway;
- Woods played a smart round; he knows that he sucks with the driver so he has choosen to start with long irons; thought that Mickelson, Watson, Westwood and a few others were more intelligent than they really are;
- the winner can be below par after four rounds since the course and set up is not that tough as they were announcing; I am certain this tournament can be won only by a great tee-to-green player which is a great promotion for true golf and true ballstriking.

Cheers

Jim Kobylinski

Super Moderator
rough doesn't have to be long to be penal, some of the worst rough i've ever played in wasn't very tall at all. It was thick, sticky, and ball always fell to the bottom made hitting irons out of it difficult as hell.

Yes, it is. This simplest answer. Sure, the guys on tour hit shots and do things with their impact angles that lead to long irons that run out on the fairways, but the #1 reason is how the courses are set up. That was what my response was stating.

Your comments about Bubba, calling him a moron, combined with your response to me and your recent post about Rory, Westwood, and Donald prove to me that you are having a bad day. I hope it gets better.
Duck, There are two of us that you are talking to. We agree on the question that I commented on, But your answer "Play courses that are set up for them" is not a very good sentence. Maybe if I was smarter I would have got it. I still think Bubba is a moron. I'm actually having a good day. Watching the so called "top 3" struggle will be enjoyable to me, because they are pretenders. The best player in the world, played earlier with a couple 76 and 78 shootin lefty's.

Dariusz J.

rough doesn't have to be long to be penal, some of the worst rough i've ever played in wasn't very tall at all. It was thick, sticky, and ball always fell to the bottom made hitting irons out of it difficult as hell.

Yes, I know it. But as I can see, players attack green from everywhere from rough (luckily with rather poor effects); what I miss is that rough they have to try to be back to fairway the shortest way after very errant shots. If we say that the idea of graduated rough is great, it cannot rely on having only 1st and 2nd or 3rd cut (no matter how penal is 2nd or 3rd cut) but there should be longer rough as well.

Cheers

Tiger did hit drivers

It might not have made espn coverage but TW hit driver on his first two holes while BW and PM did not. He it it at least 3 or 4 times in the first 9 holes. All fairway. Most baby fades but one draw.

Does anyone remember the old days where they used to list the leading scores, and ties would have the player who played the most holes at the top. Now they just list them by who they like the most. Right now Tiger is listed at the top for -1. David Toms is also finished at -1 and should be right next to him, but they have 3 other players listed at -1 who have played only 8-10 holes, and they put Toms on page 2. They've been doing this for a while now and it bugs me. Augusta probably doesn't let them pull this BS.

Breaking News: Luke is moping and pouting at +6

This rough is everything you just said. I would NOT want to be stuck in there.

TEE DUBS!

Update : World's best player Luke Donald +9. World's 2nd best player Rory Mcllory +5. World's 3rd best player Lee Westwood +4. I fully well expect them to bounce back in a few weeks in the Afghanistan Invitational or the Hungarian PGA.

Update : World's best player Luke Donald +9. World's 2nd best player Rory Mcllory +5. World's 3rd best player Lee Westwood +4. I fully well expect them to bounce back in a few weeks in the Afghanistan Invitational or the Hungarian PGA.

How come you left this joke off you list of funny tournaments?

0013729928e6106deea809.jpg

When Tiger plays it's no longer a "funny" tournament. Tiger didn't become the world's #1 player by winning these "Funny" tournaments. That's what Luke and Lee do. Tiger won Majors, and World Golf Championships.

When Tiger plays it's no longer a "funny" tournament. Tiger didn't become the world's #1 player by winning these "Funny" tournaments. That's what Luke and Lee do. Tiger won Majors, and World Golf Championships.

Now that's funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.