US Open at Olympic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dariusz J.

Bubba couldn't even get his second shot near the green from the rough on his first hole. If Bubba can't hack it out to the green then I'd say the rough is plenty penal Dariusz!

That's great to hear, Johnny. When a whacker sends his ball wide off the fairway should face great difficulty to save his par no matter how long he is on a course with a true golf setup. I would expect lots of players over 80 if they keep spreading shots.

Cheers

dbl

New
The announcers acted like they had not done their homework, as Bubba had used driver for his 2nd on 16 in practice rounds and knew his outcomes. That being...he never reached, result acceptable.

The announcers did say he does not carry a 3wood, which I did not know.

Play courses set up for them.
That may be the worst answer in the history of the forum Duckjr.

I don't think they do very much different. The main difference is that they are hitting long irons on the tee shots and much shorter irons into the greens, and often the fairways are firmer than the greens. When Tiger hits that stinger, he's de-lofting the club.

dbl

New
Stinger? I question the use of the term. It gets trotted out (certainly on tv) like he's hitting his old low stinger...but of course uses a whole new technique now. So the swing looks different. While impact may be similar, I wonder if aoa is less now.

Stinger? I question the use of the term. It gets trotted out (certainly on tv) like he's hitting his old low stinger...but of course uses a whole new technique now. So the swing looks different. While impact may be similar, I wonder if aoa is less now.
Do you want them to rename the Stinger because he's made some swing changes? How about Stinger Two, Stinger Jr., Low Shot?

Thought I should share some background on the videos.

The pictures of DJ and Jimenez and the video of DJ pitching are at the shaven collection area on 17th where shots right of the green will land. Short right (in line with the forward tree) will run all the way down to the rough.

The video I posted of Keegan Bradley hitting driver was him hitting driver on hole 6, with the bunker on the left at 290 yards. He flew the entire bunker and it stopped in the middle of the fairway about 15 yards past the bunker. I do not think that is the right play, even if you can carry it.

That may be the worst answer in the history of the forum Duckjr.

I don't think they do very much different. The main difference is that they are hitting long irons on the tee shots and much shorter irons into the greens, and often the fairways are firmer than the greens. When Tiger hits that stinger, he's de-lofting the club.

Occam's razor. Look it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.