US Open at Olympic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does Freddie get the same kind of hate because he is king of the silly season? For some reason I see there being another first time major winner this time, but Eldrick Tont Woods is going to be top 5. PUT IT IN THE BOOKS, HATERS!

Does Freddie get the same kind of hate because he is king of the silly season? For some reason I see there being another first time major winner this time, but Eldrick Tont Woods is going to be top 5. PUT IT IN THE BOOKS, HATERS!
Haters is one word for them, but I think the real word starts with the letter R.

Haters is one word for them, but I think the real word starts with the letter R.

Are kidding with this BS?

Some one does not share you admiration for your favorite golfer, and the most logical explanation you can come up with is they're a racist?

Are kidding with this BS?

Some one does not share you admiration for your favorite golfer, and the most logical explanation you can come up with is they're a racist?
I am not pointing at anyone on this forum specifically, but I'm sure that this is the reason for many people to hate Tiger. I know these people personally, they are members of my family. Nobody is happier than these people after news of his affairs, or anything negative comes out, because it justifies their hate.

Yes, it is. This simplest answer. Sure, the guys on tour hit shots and do things with their impact angles that lead to long irons that run out on the fairways, but the #1 reason is how the courses are set up. That was what my response was stating.

Your comments about Bubba, calling him a moron, combined with your response to me and your recent post about Rory, Westwood, and Donald prove to me that you are having a bad day. I hope it gets better.

You might want to read the names a little more closely, I didn't post anything about Rory, Westwood and Donald, and I definitely didn't call Bubba a moron.

As for your example of Occam's razor, one could just as easily say "They modify their setup" or something like that, which is equally as simple as your answer. That's why it's not an example of OR.

Hope your day gets better as well...

I am not pointing at anyone on this forum specifically, but I'm sure that this is the reason for many people to hate Tiger. I know these people personally, they are members of my family. Nobody is happier than these people after news of his affairs, or anything negative comes out, because it justifies their hate.

Who knew fake reverend al was a Manzella member?

I gottcha.

Even though these guys are largely seen as individuals, I still liken them to any other sports teams. More people won't like your team than do. Which, IMO, is one of the beauties of sport... the us against everyone else mentality. With Tiger being as dominant as he has, he's taken a lot of wins away from other "teams". Everyone respects what the Yankees have done, but not everyone likes them, and some certainly hate them. There are certainly fringes on both sides of Tiger, but I think most that don't care for him do so within the confines of sport and not for social or racial reasons.

Of course, I could be wrong (again). :)

Wasnt surprised to see Rory struggle. To me his game is pretty one dimensional and when something different is required such as Olympic in its current set up or our Open in the wind he finds it difficult. Hopefully that will change as he gets older.

Update : World's best player Luke Donald +9. World's 2nd best player Rory Mcllory +5. World's 3rd best player Lee Westwood +4. I fully well expect them to bounce back in a few weeks in the Afghanistan Invitational or the Hungarian PGA.

Just a little tip. Go out and buy an atlas. Then you will realise that more to the world than USA. Also some news for you. Not everything American is the best or are you too arrogant and insular to accept that?

Just a little tip. Go out and buy an atlas. Then you will realise that more to the world than USA. Also some news for you. Not everything American is the best or are you too arrogant and insular to accept that?
You've got me totally wrong if you think that I have an "America is the best" attitude. I just feel the Sony Ranking system is bad, I think Majors don't get enough credit, and I think majorless Luke and Lee are over rated.

You've got me totally wrong if you think that I have an "America is the best" attitude. I just feel the Sony Ranking system is bad, I think Majors don't get enough credit, and I think majorless Luke and Lee are over rated.

Didnt you say the Nationwide Tour was better than European?

Didnt you say the Nationwide Tour was better than European?
I think the Nationwide tour is just as strong from players 11-100 as the European Tour. Look at Westwood's victory last week in Sweden 9-10 top 100 players. That is pretty weak.

No ranking system is perfect. It wasn't that long ago that the feeling, in Europe, was that european achievements were undervalued and that to climb the rankings, you pretty well had to be based on the US tour.

When you say that Majors don't get enough credit - do you mean overall performances in the majors, or just wins? Is there someone out there who's played consistently better golf over the last 3 years in the majors than Westwood?

Status
Not open for further replies.