US Open at Olympic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did Andy North and Curtis Strange over dramatize that little chip shot Tiger had on #6? The ball was above his feet, but the lie was OK and he only had to hit it 12 feet. They acted like he was trying to hit it 200 yards over water.
This is golf. It's boring so they have to dress it up.

ROFL...no coverage at all, Mike. There was a Master's coverage ONLY ONCE in the history of Polish TV (of course payable). Idiots like me spent hours near my PC screen watching live coverages found on sport channels in the net.

Cheers

Well that just sucks! I understand basketball's big in Poland, you guys getting the NBA Finals?

Berman is like a stand up comic doing the same material for 20 years, and it's wasn't funny the first time you heard it. Has Curtis Strange had a stroke recently. He's called Patrick Cantlay the wrong name twice, said Carl Pettersen was a native of Raliegh, NC and said Jim Simons led the 1980 open as an Amateur after 54 holes.

Dariusz J.

Well that just sucks! I understand basketball's big in Poland, you guys getting the NBA Finals?

Yes. But I wouldn't have said basketball is big here. Voleyball, yep. Soccer above all anyhow and a few individual spots where Polish guys are at or near the top of world. Light athletics as well although today there is no shade after the Wunderteam of the 60-ties/70-ties.

Good nite.

P.S. Seems Furyk will be paired with Woods. Great pairing for the last 2 days.

Dariusz J.

Wherever Brian Manzella is, he's got to have a smile on his face tonight.

And very good, I am happy for Brian. But he will have a hard time to explain why his pupil is good when accuracy and consistency plays a major role while he prefers distance-wise golf.
I do hope Furyk wins with Toms close second.

Cheers

And very good, I am happy for Brian. But he will have a hard time to explain why his pupil is good when accuracy and consistency plays a major role while he prefers distance-wise golf.
I do hope Furyk wins with Toms close second.

Cheers

Huh? I thought you'd be rooting for the guy who's leading the field in driving accuracy [That would be T. Woods].

When did you become seduced by Jimbo whacking it out of the rough?

Dariusz J.

Woods may lead because he's too pussy/ too wise to use his driver. Furyk plays with his driver. Do you imagine Hogan play long iron of the tee ? ROFL.

Cheers

At least he doesn't wear pink Dari LOL
Sorry to see you team go out tonight, they were good in the first half, but lost their nerve in the 2nd.

Dariusz J.

Sorry to see you team go out tonight, they were good in the first half, but lost their nerve in the 2nd.

They did not deserve to go further. I suspected that, BTW. This team was not good at all, neither was our coach. But the true sensation (except Holland before) is Russia out of contention !

Cheers

Right - I understand now. It's not hitting fairways that you like - it's hitting fairways with a driver. But you don't care how long or short those drivers travel. So long as they're drivers, and they finish in the fairway. [And that they're not an unmanly colour.] All clear now.

Dariusz J.

Right - I understand now. It's not hitting fairways that you like - it's hitting fairways with a driver. But you don't care how long or short those drivers travel. So long as they're drivers, and they finish in the fairway. [And that they're not an unmanly colour.] All clear now.

No, it is about hitting fairways first of all. That's the "wise" part of Woods. However, one cannot say he's a great ballstriker if he cannot control driver. This is the "pussy" part. We all know very well that if he uses driver as much as Furyk or Toms he could have been outside the ropes today.

Cheers

No, it is about hitting fairways first of all. That's the "wise" part of Woods. However, one cannot say he's a great ballstriker if he cannot control driver. This is the "pussy" part. We all know very well that if he uses driver as much as Furyk or Toms he could have been outside the ropes today.

Cheers

Playing smart and trying to win is "pussy" now?

Playing dumb and pulling out (a pink) driver is unmanly?

I thought you would appreciate this test of golf, seeing the best players in the world think their way around a tough setup.

Are you sure someone like Hogan wouldn't use a 3 wood instead of driver if he thought it would help him win the tournament?

Dariusz J.

Playing smart and trying to win is "pussy" now?

Playing dumb and pulling out (a pink) driver is unmanly?

I thought you would appreciate this test of golf, seeing the best players in the world think their way around a tough setup.

Are you sure someone like Hogan wouldn't use a 3 wood instead of driver if he thought it would help him win the tournament?

Moment, moment. You mixed it all.

- I said Woods plays wisely; he sucks with driver and tries to diminish the damage.
- discussion about colours is different than about ballstriking; neither Watson is smart nor the colour of his driver is manly; hacking into weeds with any driver is not good, especially with pink driver;
- Hogan of course would have used #3 wood if necessary, but he rarely did -- why ? because he was that good with his driver. Unlike Woods.

Cheers

You may use the same word (driver) for both of them but I doubt Hogan and Tiger's driver have much if anything in common with each other aside from name alone. Apples and watermelons...

Dariusz J.

You may use the same word (driver) for both of them but I doubt Hogan and Tiger's driver have much if anything in common with each other aside from name alone. Apples and watermelons...

Yep, I agree. If Woods hit Hogan's driver and his balata he would be 210 yards max and deep in the weeds. Ultimately, he could go to ask Els and Singh...ROFL. If Hogan could hit Woods's driver and his ball he would have been using his 9 iron instead 5 iron from the fairway. Woods is an amateur comparing to Hogan as regards tee-to-green play, let alone driving the ball with #1 wood.
Do you really believe Woods could sniff Hogan between tee and green ? If yes, tell me what are you drinking, I want it too since growing older I am becoming more resistant for percentages. :)

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.