US Open at Olympic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, I agree. If Woods hit Hogan's driver and his balata he would be 210 yards max and deep in the weeds. Ultimately, he could go to ask Els and Singh...ROFL. If Hogan could hit Woods's driver and his ball he would have been using his 9 iron instead 5 iron from the fairway. Woods is an amateur comparing to Hogan as regards tee-to-green play, let alone driving the ball with #1 wood.
Do you really believe Woods could sniff Hogan between tee and green ? If yes, tell me what are you drinking, I want it too since growing older I am becoming more resistant for percentages. :)

Cheers

Consider the fact that it took Hogan ten years to win his first tournament, and that he won his first major at 36.

Tiger is 36 right now. He has faced much stiffer competition all along the way. You and Hogan can go win a big break challenge.

Give it time to play out, that's all I'm saying. How many foreheads would Hogan's early year hooks ding up with the size of today's galleries.

Child please.

Did Miller just say that?! Out loud??

That ball was hit high and off center on the face... there's a whole group of people who don't understand how that makes the club face move.

Last edited:
Miller is a typical arrogant, successful guy. He thinks he knows everything already, and hasn't paid attention to new findings through Trackman and high speed video.

It's too bad more tournaments aren't set up like this. It does seem to identify the player that controls his ball the best.

dbl

New
You guys caught the same thing I did on Woods' 2nd at 14 with offcenter hit and face opening...glad we've already gotten the right info here.

butch harmon on a tiger aproach shot from the rough (at sky) : "....you would expect the ball to jump forward when hit with top spin..."

Dariusz J.

It's too bad more tournaments aren't set up like this. It does seem to identify the player that controls his ball the best.

Not a word more not a word less. I wonder what people see in tournament on pampered conditions when winners are at -20 score. If a sport is not difficult it is simply boring.

Lee Trevino on the 74 US Open at WingedFoot - "If you don't set up a golf course like that, then a guy can hit it all over the place and still win the golf tournament. So, you didn't identify the best player that week."

"I should never care to argue for anything that would lessen the difficulty of the game because difficulty is its greatest charm." - Bob Jones

Cheers

Dariusz J.

Consider the fact that it took Hogan ten years to win his first tournament, and that he won his first major at 36.

Tiger is 36 right now. He has faced much stiffer competition all along the way. You and Hogan can go win a big break challenge.

Give it time to play out, that's all I'm saying. How many foreheads would Hogan's early year hooks ding up with the size of today's galleries.

Child please.

Listen, when I am talking Hogan I am talking ONLY POST-SECRET Hogan. I do not care about his early days when he was an average tour hacker. Why ? Because I am interesting in "secrets" of great automatic ballstriking.
If Woods can find his "secret" and suddenly starts to hit fairways and greens, he will get my full attention and I'll start to find whatever I can in his swing.

Prediction: Tiger gets it back to even by the end of the round.

Not a case.

Cheers

You would think that someone would play those last 4 holes in 3-4 under today. Both par 5 reachable ( If they move up the tee on 16.) and 2 wedge approaches to #15 and #18. I didn't like #15 yesterday at 107 yards with pin where you couldn't hit it close. I was impressed with the discipline Colsaerts showed to lay up on #7. A long hitter with a brain is a rare and dangerous combination.

ej20

New
Anyone else notice a setup flaw in Tiger's swing?If you look at a DTL view,he has too much weight on his heels as evidenced by how much his tushline is so far behind his heel line.

This is a basic setup fundamental.I am surprised Foley hasn't picked it up or is it part of his pattern?

Anyone else notice a setup flaw in Tiger's swing?If you look at a DTL view,he has too much weight on his heels as evidenced by how much his tushline is so far behind his heel line.

This is a basic setup fundamental.I am surprised Foley hasn't picked it up or is it part of his pattern?

There is something wrong with this picture. I'm sure the tee is flat, but it's tilted to make the ball appear above his feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.